• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Karma Is a B****

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see someone was reading from ESPN this morning.

You mean I'm not the only one questioning the "strength" of the SEC this morning? Go figure.

From the link in post #22:

"On Saturday, though, we finally saw cracks in the SEC. Ugly losses by Arkansas and Tennessee -- and especially Auburn's unimpressive victory -- put more than a few dents in its reputation.

The rest of the country, and perhaps the College Football Playoff selection committee, don't figure to have a short memory when it comes to the results. Beating Arkansas and Auburn doesn't figure to mean as much as we thought it would."

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with your premise ... just pointing out that ESPN is already all over it.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is definitely having a down year. Two or three good teams (Alabama, Ole Miss, maybe A&M) and a lot of mediocrity or worse.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bret Bielema, Steve Spurrier, and Dan Mullen whined about Ohio State's "weak" schedule last week--to the point that even some media folks had had enough. Then, as everyone knows now, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mississippi State all lost their games Saturday. That's Karma. Maybe these coaches should have been whining less and attending to their own teams instead.

Before the SEC coaches complain about the B1G being weak, though, they should look at their OOC slate. They say the SEC conference schedule is so tough, but other than by media fiat, let’s see how many are ranked at the end of the season at the rate things are going. Of course, given what has happened in the past, despite their poor showing yesterday, SEC teams will probably move up in the polls.
I knew all of Bielema's whining would inevitably come back to haunt him.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew all of Bielema's whining would inevitably come back to haunt him.

Yup. It's sort of like predicting a victory. It puts added pressure on decision-making. I'm guessing he'll be keeping his mouth shut about the relative weakness of conference schedules.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with your premise ... just pointing out that ESPN is already all over it.

And rightly so. I guess it hasn't been debated enough.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your head coach isn't focused on you game and running his mouth about something you shouldn't even be looking at, then why would your players be focused on the game they are about to play.

Some fucking dumbass coaches out there.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand that, but Kentucky doesn't command much respect in the SEC--perhaps until now, of course. And, I didn't think Mississippi State gave LSU many problems.
The LSU game came down to a last second FG and if State had 30 more seconds they might have won the game. South Carolina is down plus lost their QB not to mention KY is making strides under Stoops.

Arkansas and Auburn deserve whatever crap people want to toss at them both played horrendous and were embarrassments and quite frankly Florida could be added to that list. But all his other crap is just forcing an argument to make yourself feel good.

Fact: The SEC doesn't control the polls and time will make the needed adjustments. Boise, Standford and ASU probably had no business being ranked either so this isn't just an SEC issue. No one has a clue what the majority of teams are going to do during the season it's all just a guess.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, don't think there should be any polling until after the third week.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, don't think there should be any polling until after the third week.
No sane person does...yet we post them and bitch about them anyway so early season polls aren't going away.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and still think Bama could drop two to three games this season.

... unless somebody finds that missing secondary.

"Here, Secondary!"

"Come on, boy!"

<whistle>

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: The SEC doesn't control the polls and time will make the needed adjustments. Boise, Standford and ASU probably had no business being ranked either so this isn't just an SEC issue. No one has a clue what the majority of teams are going to do during the season it's all just a guess.
or years

I agree, Turkey. It's the argument about polls I've been making for years. Yet, the SEC benefited from consistently being ranked in these polls during the BCS era because the teams played each other. And, that's the argument Bielema was making.

Angerhaus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know the way to get back on tHoop is NOT with bullshit teams and a troll username, right? Dude, you know better than anybody that we're not dumb. I'm not going to look the other way much longer. Don't insult what shred of intelligence I have, okay?

Please go ahead and PM me. I just joined the site for the first time a week ago, though I've been using this SN on the playstation network for nearly a decade.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck! We have a playoff committee, polls mean little to nothing at this point and we just completed only the 2nd week of the season. Chill out and enjoy your crummy win already. Geez. :L

Reactions: gb2

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bret Bielema, Steve Spurrier, and Dan Mullen whined about Ohio State's "weak" schedule last week--to the point that even some media folks had had enough. Then, as everyone knows now, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mississippi State all lost their games Saturday. That's Karma. Maybe these coaches should have been whining less and attending to their own teams instead.

Before the SEC coaches complain about the B1G being weak, though, they should look at their OOC slate. They say the SEC conference schedule is so tough, but other than by media fiat, let’s see how many are ranked at the end of the season at the rate things are going. Of course, given what has happened in the past, despite their poor showing yesterday, SEC teams will probably move up in the polls.

Funny, you start out by stating things about three teams that had coaches who spoke out about one team. A team you are supposedly a rival of and should hate, but appear to have their back(which is very odd). Then you end off by slamming all SEC teams, but all SEC teams did not lose yesterday. In fact two of the teams you mentioned lost to two other SEC teams. So i am failing to see how your argument is about the three coaches beating up on the schedule of your rival(not even the Michigan coach or team was involved in any way). Maybe you can try and reign in your comments a bit more to entail comments towards those teams specifically, or was this simply a troll thread about the SEC in general and you needed a platform?

As for me, My team sends you best wishes with a Wisky scalp attached to the note. Let me guess, you will now ride the coattails of Urban and tOSU again in response right. Last time my team met Michigan on the field, we took your scalp as well. You were saying?

Reactions: gb2

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been fine if you started and ended it with Arkansas, maybe mentioned Auburn. The others have 0 place in this. You can't slam the SEC for losing to the SEC. The SEC is good, but I doubt they have figured out a way to go over .500 in games within the conference

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean I'm not the only one questioning the "strength" of the SEC this morning? Go figure.

From the link in post #22:

"On Saturday, though, we finally saw cracks in the SEC. Ugly losses by Arkansas and Tennessee -- and especially Auburn's unimpressive victory -- put more than a few dents in its reputation.

The rest of the country, and perhaps the College Football Playoff selection committee, don't figure to have a short memory when it comes to the results. Beating Arkansas and Auburn doesn't figure to mean as much as we thought it would."

You know its funny, but I was rooting for Auburn to lose that game, but likely not as hard as Michigan fans because they knew that they would have an SEC counterpart in their sea of shame for losing to an FCS team while being ranked.

Tennessee lost to a higher ranked Oklahoma team, I see no shame in that nor a chink in their armor. They played a great game and lost in overtime. No shame at all. Arkansas has no excuse, they simply lost to a team they should have beat.