• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Curl to the Rams

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Whitt n Quinn upon examining the roster from last year. Decided that the best CB on the team in Fuller, who can play both in the slot n outside. As well as Curl, who W/O question was the best player to come out of the Riverboat era. Were both deemed so undesirable. They won't worth signing to those cut rate pennies on the contracts they signed with their new teams.

But White n Quinn somehow looked at Forbes, St Justed n every other DB on the team last year. And thought. Yeah, now we can work with these guys.

Is that what you're telling me, Duke?
Kinda.

I would add in peters first and foremost. He is the talent evaluator as you know.

My guess is he didn't have curl or Fuller identified as players he wanted back.

I am guessing he ran it by Quinn and whitt and asked them their thoughts.

Forbes and St juste aren't free agents, so who knows if they would have been resigned if they were. I don't know.

I am not if Fuller or curl fit the scheme whitt wants to run. I dont know.

What we do know if that teams weren't banging down the door to sign them. Neither went in the first wave in free agency and both got modest contracts.

Perhaps we did attempt to negotiate and neither player wanted to come back?

That is a possibility. I do think we over value our players sometimes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked at Forbes and said, he was a rookie that would cost us 12 million to cut. Then we would have to replapace him with another 8 million in Fuller…that would be 20 million to cut Forbes. Forbes also can improve, as many second or third year players do.

They look at BSJ and see a player who has had mixed results, a big corner. He is also extremely cheap and young.

They see Fuller as a 30 year old with minimal upside. Rather than spend 8 million on a player WE fans obviously overrate, as evidenced by the contract he ended up receiving, we can spend it elsewhere or save that money.

I understand the Fuller scinero but what about Curl? He is 25.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Chinn has had the best season of the two. He was misused badly in Carolina.

Yes, Chinn has upside no doubt about it. If that is who Quinn wanted, we cant argue.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked at Forbes and said, he was a rookie that would cost us 12 million to cut. Then we would have to replapace him with another 8 million in Fuller…that would be 20 million to cut Forbes. Forbes also can improve, as many second or third year players do.
That's some creative math for sure. We'll see how many games Forbes cot the Skins next year if they trot his ass out there as a starter. For no other reason than he's young or his cap hit is big.

They look at BSJ and see a player who has had mixed results, a big corner. He is also extremely cheap and young.

Yeah, he's big n cheap. Unfortunately he rarely uses his size to his advantage partly cuz he's soft. He's gets caught flat-footed too much allowing WRs to run by him and is fuckin handsy/grabby.
They see Fuller as a 30 year old with minimal upside. Rather than spend 8 million on a player WE fans obviously overrate, as evidenced by the contract he ended up receiving, we can spend it elsewhere or save that money.
Fuller was rated the 3rd highest CB in FA and the 15th highest rated player in FA period. I'm not overrating him, he isn't getting fitted for any gold jackets or making any all pro teams. He can play though, better than both Forbes n BSJ can and that didn't change regardless of what Quinn or Whit think.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Chinn has had the best season of the two. He was misused badly in Carolina.
Finally! A real answer.

Oh and just forr shits n giggles. Curl was ranked as the 3rd highest safety and 21st or 22nd ranked player in FA period. He didn't forrget how to play either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Chinn has upside no doubt about it. If that is who Quinn wanted, we can't argue.
Ah, yeah, we can. You and Duke argued the entire time Riverboat was HC. You'd think after all that time and with the way things ultimately worked out. You of all people would've recognized that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! A real answer.

Oh and just forr shits n giggles. Curl was ranked as the 3rd highest safety and 21st or 22nd ranked player in FA period. He didn't forrget how to play either.

No the other answer is real too. Do you think we are competing for a crown next season? Why not find out what we have in our young players under contract instead of wasting rollover cap when we are set up better?

The FO is not delusional and is setting the team up for future success.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yeah, we can. You and Duke argued the entire time Riverboat was HC. You'd think after all that time and with the way things ultimately worked out. You of all people would've recognized that.

you got a point. hey i wanted Curl back too. Once we signed Chinn, it wasnt looking good

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can be a fan and still be confused or question the direction of a front office, owner, or coaching staff.

There is no handbook for being a fan.

There is no commandment that says "Thou shalt trust the front office and coaches with all thy heart".

It's not treason to call out the owner, coach, or GM. It's not a totalitarian regime that you must support.

We all did it with snyder for years. To me, there is no difference in being frustrated with snyder or a coach. It should be the same. It makes no sense to allow a fan to question or be angry with snyder, but not a coach or GM.

Yes, we don't have all the information. Yes, we arent professional. However, fans drive the NFL and can have an opinion on how their team plays, how the front office executes their duties, and how the coaches prepare the players and implement their schemes. Without the fans, the NFL would not exist. Furthermore, this message board wouldn't exist either if people didn't have an opinion.

A fan certainly has the right to trust coaches completely and show loyalty to them. A fan can also repeatedly say "I am going to trust peters and harris" when there is a question asked or a discussion is taking place. Again, there is no fan handbook.

However, I believe it is shortsighted to call out a fan who forms their own opinion and doesn't automatically sign off with gusto every team transaction. Just because a fan disagrees and doesn't simply "trust" the front office on all matters doesn't mean they aren't fans or idiots.

Just my opinion and I am sure some completely disagree with it.

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Juste sucks, had mid production and no interceptions in college, and got destroyed in coverage last year.
The bozos draft benji over Paulson Adebo which made no sense. maybe Quinn can save st. juice but i won't miss him if not.
What i hope is Forbes Jr gets his confidence back, gets in the gym, gains some weight and builds on the flashes he briefly showed as a rookie.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got a point. hey i wanted Curl back too. Once we signed Chinn, it wasnt looking good
I don't know anything about Chinn, but I'll take G's word that he can play. I've also read a few other reviews about him. Saying he's got the talent, size n speed to capably play both safety n LB. His injury history concerns me a bit, but

Not a fan of the Davis signing. He's older than Fuller n as soft as St Juste. If as G says above. The FO wants to see the younger players yadda yadda. Then this move makes no sense whatsoever.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Fuller scinero but what about Curl? He is 25.
I think Curl hit his ceiling. If the new regime felt that way, why pay him for what he is? Chin is a nice stop gap to likely another box safety taken in this years draft.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can be a fan and still be confused or question the direction of a front office, owner, or coaching staff.

There is no handbook for being a fan.

There is no commandment that says "Thou shalt trust the front office and coaches with all thy heart".

It's not treason to call out the owner, coach, or GM. It's not a totalitarian regime that you must support.

We all did it with snyder for years. To me, there is no difference in being frustrated with snyder or a coach. It should be the same. It makes no sense to allow a fan to question or be angry with snyder, but not a coach or GM.

Yes, we don't have all the information. Yes, we arent professional. However, fans drive the NFL and can have an opinion on how their team plays, how the front office executes their duties, and how the coaches prepare the players and implement their schemes. Without the fans, the NFL would not exist. Furthermore, this message board wouldn't exist either if people didn't have an opinion.

A fan certainly has the right to trust coaches completely and show loyalty to them. A fan can also repeatedly say "I am going to trust peters and harris" when there is a question asked or a discussion is taking place. Again, there is no fan handbook.

However, I believe it is shortsighted to call out a fan who forms their own opinion and doesn't automatically sign off with gusto every team transaction. Just because a fan disagrees and doesn't simply "trust" the front office on all matters doesn't mean they aren't fans or idiots.

Just my opinion and I am sure some completely disagree with it.
Speak on it homey.

Speaking strictly for myself. I have no faith in the new FO. For what? That doesn't mean I think they'll do a bad job. Just that the days of blindly trusting a Washington Redskins front office ended about 16 years or so ago.

People say this FO is different. That's cool. Show me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak on it homey.

Speaking strictly for myself. I have no faith in the new FO. For what? That doesn't mean I think they'll do a bad job. Just that the days of blindly trusting a Washington Redskins front office ended about 16 years or so ago.

People say this FO is different. That's cool. Show me.
Breed = national treasure