• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate seeing his scrambling ass making plays on the field, I can't deny he has a good heart and a good head on his shoulders. I totally agree with his statement. Props to RW.

Good story. I understand his point and he makes it eloquently. But, I also agree with and understand Kaep's perspective also.

My son (a 17yo) says it doesn't matter. Kaep's stance won't change anything....this also very well could be true.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story. I understand his point and he makes it eloquently. But, I also agree with and understand Kaep's perspective also.

My son (a 17yo) says it doesn't matter. Kaep's stance won't change anything....this also very well could be true.
I totally disagree with Kaep's point.

By not standing, you are disrespecting such a huge group of people.

By standing with your hand over your heart, are you disrespecting anyone?

Paying respect to the country that has given you freedom and giving respect to the millions of people who have fought for your freedom is always the right thing to do.

Use a different platform to promote you're agenda.

BTW- I agree with your son as well. Regardless of what Kaep is trying to do his stance wont change a thing. He will never be Rosa Parks which is all his attention grabbing ass is trying to do.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree with Kaep's point.

By not standing, you are disrespecting such a huge group of people.

By standing with your hand over your heart, are you disrespecting anyone?

Paying respect to the country that has given you freedom and giving respect to the millions of people who have fought for your freedom is always the right thing to do.

Use a different platform to promote you're agenda.

BTW- I agree with your son as well. Regardless of what Kaep is trying to do his stance wont change a thing. He will never be Rosa Parks which is all his attention grabbing ass is trying to do.

A lot of veterans have no issue with what Kaep is doing. It's a huge reason why they are serving their country.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of veterans have no issue with what Kaep is doing. It's a huge reason why they are serving their country.
I can assure you a huge percentage of vets have a problem with it. He is still disrespecting the masses which is never the right thing to do. Do the right thing an pay respect to the ones who do care.

Like I said before... Use a different platform to promote your agenda.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you a huge percentage of vets have a problem with it. He is still disrespecting the masses which is never the right thing to do. Do the right thing an pay respect to the ones who do care.

Like I said before... Use a different platform to promote your agenda.
Then those vets can choose to have hurt feelings.

I don't pledge allegiance to the veterans.
The star spangled banner is not a love song to the veterans, either.

That's what the "Caisson Song", "Anchors Aweigh", the Marine's Hymn, Off to the Wild blue Yonder etc are for.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who feels disrespected when a washed up athlete chooses not to salute the flag is a fucking moron.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this time next year, he'll be out of the league and managing a Cinnabon. Why the fuck does anyone care what he thinks? Listening to a professional athlete's opinions is kind of like the the short response segment in a Miss Universe pageant. Yea, it's cute that you have an opinion and stuff, but come on - that's not what you're on this stage for.

He's a terrible player and I want him off this team. But I have no problem with him exercising his rights.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this time next year, he'll be out of the league and managing a Cinnabon. Why the fuck does anyone care what he thinks? Listening to a professional athlete's opinions is kind of like the the short response segment in a Miss Universe pageant. Yea, it's cute that you have an opinion and stuff, but come on - that's not what you're on this stage for.

He's a terrible player and I want him off this team. But I have no problem with him exercising his rights.

No way is he out of the league by next year. I will bet money on that actually

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is he out of the league by next year. I will bet money on that actually

He should be out of the league next year. Our stupid front office will probably give him a contract extension and a raise.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate seeing his scrambling ass making plays on the field, I can't deny he has a good heart and a good head on his shoulders. I totally agree with his statement. Props to RW.

Yeah, that was a nice speech in a Audie Murphy everything's gonna work out at the end of the movie kinda way. Wilson talks about love, appreciation and understanding. Does putting one's hand over their heart during the Nat'l Anthem magically instill those qualities into anyone? The flag or the symbol of the flag truly does represent the best qualities, ideals and possibilities of America. How did America come to be? First as an idea, then in protest, then in spilled blood. And then the qualities, ideals, possibilities, the symbols of the flag were born. Were those things that the flag symbolized being lived up though in America;s infancy? The easy answer is no, they were not.

Not till people started movements like the Women's Suffrage movement, Civil Rights movement, the push for gays to have the same rights in marriage as heterosexuals. And all of them involved some type of protest and speaking out and up when a large portion of America didn't wanna hear it. And that blood that's been spilled was was spilled as much for the right to speak out or protest when the voice speaking out believed something wasn't right or it could be better. As much as any other reason you or I can think of. At least that's what we've been told.

Fot those saying its not the right stage/time for Kaep to speak out (and I originally agreed with that) I ask, when should he of spoken out?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a nice speech in a Audie Murphy everything's gonna work out at the end of the movie kinda way. Wilson talks about love, appreciation and understanding. Does putting one's hand over their heart during the Nat'l Anthem magically instill those qualities into anyone? The flag or the symbol of the flag truly does represent the best qualities, ideals and possibilities of America. How did America come to be? First as an idea, then in protest, then in spilled blood. And then the qualities, ideals, possibilities, the symbols of the flag were born. Were those things that the flag symbolized being lived up though in America;s infancy? The easy answer is no, they were not.

Not till people started movements like the Women's Suffrage movement, Civil Rights movement, the push for gays to have the same rights in marriage as heterosexuals. And all of them involved some type of protest and speaking out and up when a large portion of America didn't wanna hear it. And that blood that's been spilled was was spilled as much for the right to speak out or protest when the voice speaking out believed something wasn't right or it could be better. As much as any other reason you or I can think of. At least that's what we've been told.

Fo[r] those saying its not the right stage/time for Kaep to speak out (and I originally agreed with that) I ask, when should he of spoken out?

I think you pose a fair question, but I am no sure it's a matter of when so much as it is what he tied his protest with- the national anthem; and inevitably the flag. The problem with linking a protest to the flag is any interpretation of its symbolism (beyond official symbolism and which country it represents obviously) is inherently subjective. A flag not living up to its ideals for someone is a symbol of struggle and progress for someone else, or simply liberties bestowed upon them. Predictably, the reaction to this protest is a messy one that focuses more on Kaep (it doesn't help he had a Castro/Malcom X shirt on later on) than it does what he's actually talking about. It's not very strategic on his part, imo. Compare that to something that is morally indefensible, like segregated busses, or segregated drinking fountains, or other denied opportunities. The tricky part about this often ends up being about de facto racism instead of more overt de jour racism. I don't have a great answer to that, nobody has, but I find it hard to believe he couldn't have gotten media attention via some other method for his cause.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in the Excited States.....

I can't imagine standing to Oh Canada with my hand over my heart. Staning maybe but hand over heart?

Some American singing in a group at the MLB All Star game butchered Oh Canada.

And you know what? Because it was Oh Canada, it wasn't even aired in the Excited States on TV. They went to a commercial break for that...

Sort of like a Limpic event that doesn't have an American medal hopeful. You never see it.....

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very best thing about America with all of her faults is that you can voice your opinion about issues you feel strongly about. That right was bought in Blood by the American Servicemen and Women that gave the ultimate sacrifice so that folks could voice an opinion about anything. It also bought the right of people that oppose your view to voice their opinion that you are wrong about how you choose to exercise that right.
Freedom of speech cuts both ways.

Bottom line choose wisely about how you choose to bring a perceived injustice to the front lines of the American Public they may embrace or reject their support for your cause.

I believe he has disrespected the Country that gives him the right to voice his protest. He will reap the rewards of his decision whatever they may be as he should. Others feel differently and that is their right but in the end the Beauty of America is we get to chose and voice our opinion no matter how you may feel about the issue.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in the Excited States.....

I can't imagine standing to Oh Canada with my hand over my heart. Staning maybe but hand over heart?

Some American singing in a group at the MLB All Star game butchered Oh Canada.

And you know what? Because it was Oh Canada, it wasn't even aired in the Excited States on TV. They went to a commercial break for that...

Sort of like a Limpic event that doesn't have an American medal hopeful. You never see it.....

Everyone has their own traditions...

I'm curious, do people in Canada actually tune in to watch sports in the olympics they don't watch the rest of the year when Canadians aren't competing? Like is the Canoe Slalom and Synchronized Swimming on up there front and center over track, swimming and wrestling?

I just think that's kinda odd.. Like I expect table tennis to be more watched in Asia where they are more competitive at it.

But (no offense) I wonder, how many sports are canadians competitive in (just listed 3 I remember them winning things in recently). I mean honestly, there's only a few the US isn't a medal hopeful in. Like is the Nordic Combined really popular on TV for the winter olympics up there?

But we both think each other's countries are odd. I think keeping a strategic maple syrup reserve and worrying about how it's guarded because there was a major heist on it a few years ago is batshit insane lol. And see through money. But we do need to get rid of pennies like you and I like KD more than most.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly !!!!
You know what amazes me is how he has taken his right to not stand and parlayed it into a personal black lives matter sobbing movement....Attacks the police force by breaking the nfl dress code rules with his 3yr old cartoon socks and violates the actions detrimental to the league, and actually uses the nfl platform to peddle his absurd and uninformed message....Yet the league has done nothing to stop him, no fine, no suspension, no restraints....
It erks me when I hear all these spineless white athletes lying through their teeth that they respect his actions and message.....
He's a piece of crap, and I don't respect anything he has done or stands for....Black lives matter is just another crutch and crying towel for the lazy thugs that think the world owes them something for nothing...
The only thing oppressing blacks is other blacks teaching them to find an easy way at any cost....
And the whites that choose that same road is just as bad...
But the good thing is, since Kopasquat likes sitting so much, now he gets to sit his weird Harold with afro butt behind another bum qb because he sucks worse.....
ngbbs4af219eeaa96f.jpg
Kopasquat.....:drama:
Now why did you have to bring Al and Jesse into this thread?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're applauding Kaepernick for starting a conversation about himself, then I agree with you, he's done a good job of that. If you're saying he's started a conversation about injustice against minorities by police officers, then I'd say he's colossally failed to accomplish that.

But I will give him credit for at least putting his money where his mouth is and donating a million dollars, misguided as he may be.
Tax write off and trying to save his image. Don't give him credit for this disingenous act. He only decided to donate the $ after he saw the ire he drew from the fans.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has their own traditions...

I'm curious, do people in Canada actually tune in to watch sports in the olympics they don't watch the rest of the year when Canadians aren't competing? Like is the Canoe Slalom and Synchronized Swimming on up there front and center over track, swimming and wrestling?

I just think that's kinda odd.. Like I expect table tennis to be more watched in Asia where they are more competitive at it.

But (no offense) I wonder, how many sports are canadians competitive in (just listed 3 I remember them winning things in recently). I mean honestly, there's only a few the US isn't a medal hopeful in. Like is the Nordic Combined really popular on TV for the winter olympics up there?

But we both think each other's countries are odd. I think keeping a strategic maple syrup reserve and worrying about how it's guarded because there was a major heist on it a few years ago is batshit insane lol. And see through money. But we do need to get rid of pennies like you and I like KD more than most.

Seeing how we apparently are not competitive in many things, we tend to show a whole lot of stuff we aren't good at, simply it's because it's what the people want to see.

Sure we"highlight" Canucks with vignettes and shit. Not that I watch.

I'm just not a rah rah sis boom bah kind of guy. No matter what. King, country or Madame President.....

And I have no idea what Canadian Back Bacon is. I do know what ham is.

Not a fan of the maple flavour.

But wouldn't get overly flustered if some "fill in the blank" did something to the Canuck flag. I mean "fill in the blank"s do stuff.

I'm desensitised to "Stuff"....

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing how we apparently are not competitive in many things, we tend to show a whole lot of stuff we aren't good at, simply it's because it's what the people want to see.

Sure we"highlight" Canucks with vignettes and shit. Not that I watch.

I'm just not a rah rah sis boom bah kind of guy. No matter what. King, country or Madame President.....

And I have no idea what Canadian Back Bacon is. I do know what ham is.

Not a fan of the maple flavour.

But wouldn't get overly flustered if some "fill in the blank" did something to the Canuck flag. I mean "fill in the blank"s do stuff.

I'm desensitised to "Stuff"....
Canadians or any other foreigners have no need to respond to anything like this thread. Your words mean nothing .