• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep or RG3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only 2 QB's in the league that remind me like #3 in the aspect of athleticism. Kaep is one of them. I want to win and I think he brings that more than RGIII or Boykin . Count me in for Kaep.:thumb:

The thing is Kaep mobility consist of running north and south, nothing close to RW scrambling to find a open receiver and Kaep big runs are mostly from his first two years of starting, you don't see anymore highlight film of Kaep making huge plays with his legs anymore. His career has been a downward spiral since Harbaugh left, as the following coaching staffs tried to coax a hint of a throwing QB from him and failed. It got so bad that a 2-14 team couldn't decide who was less shitty Baine Gabbert or Kaep. At the end they decided neither were worth keeping even as a backup, instead they sign a 31 year old journeyman to do the job and decided a long shot rookie was a upgrade to what they had last year.
Yet you see folks talk about Kaep as being useful to a playoff team, as if his inability to read a defense was terrible as a starter, but should be just fine as a backup. Backups don't need to read defenses...right? You hear a lot of talk about his experience, IDK experience at sucking doesn't count on the plus side of the ledger for me.

Boykin on the other hand performed well when called upon. Yes it was a limited sample size, but he did well given the opportunity, and you want to cast him aside for some failure..a bum of a QB, because you recognize his name and remember some of his great runs from years ago? Never mind that one of the worse teams in the league doesn't feel he roster worthy? Never mind that his game been on a downward spiral? He's a name..so the Seahawks should sign him up. :lm:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only 2 QB's in the league that remind me like #3 in the aspect of athleticism. Kaep is one of them. I want to win and I think he brings that more than RGIII or Boykin . Count me in for Kaep.:thumb:
Bye the way, don't let my disagreeing with your take on Kaep discourage from posting. He's a hot button for me and I get a bit worked up talking about him being on the roster.:rolleyes2:

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye the way, don't let my disagreeing with your take on Kaep discourage from posting. He's a hot button for me and I get a bit worked up talking about him being on the roster.:rolleyes2:
No Sh*T LOL!!

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness it's a crap shoot on who is the best fit. Just throwing out my opinion. :suds:

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person who has served his country and honored his flag and the men and women who have stood beside me. I am disgusted in the thought that kaepernick would even be in a conversation. I know he is broke with injuries but I would much prefer RGIII way over Krap. RGIII still remembers those who fought and died for him.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a reason neither of the two have been offered contracts

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a reason neither of the two have been offered contracts
Well sure, but it's likely at some point at least 1 of the 2 will. Either the player will get desperate enough to agree to a deal much cheaper than they are looking for now (and/or for a lesser role), or a team will develop a need and come to them with an opportunity.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, but it's likely at some point at least 1 of the 2 will. Either the player will get desperate enough to agree to a deal much cheaper than they are looking for now (and/or for a lesser role), or a team will develop a need and come to them with an opportunity.

can't understand how a team as successful as the Hawks would even consider giving any of these two losers a sniff

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't understand how a team as successful as the Hawks would even consider giving any of these two losers a sniff
Well, all PC said was they are looking at everybody. It was the interviewer who brought up the specific names of Kaepernick and RG3, and PC more or less confirmed that those 2 guys were included in the population of "everybody" that they were looking at. Carroll mentioned neither of them by name.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all PC said was they are looking at everybody. It was the interviewer who brought up the specific names of Kaepernick and RG3, and PC more or less confirmed that those 2 guys were included in the population of "everybody" that they were looking at. Carroll mentioned neither of them by name.

fair enough

but failure to deny the rumors is implied validation - no?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough

but failure to deny the rumors is implied validation - no?
I guess that's up to you. "We're looking at everyone." I think much more is being made of it than what was actually said.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a back-up role, it's not like back-up qb's around the league are that great anyway... I like the idea of a back-up that has experience, has won playoff games, knows how to play in big games...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knows how to play in big games...

Yes he knows how to have a 58% comp in big games. 7 TD to 5 INT in big games, he has a 4-2 record but that is more on the defense and Harbaugh than Kaep. 3 of his 6 Playoff games he completed LESS than 55% of his passes and only ONCE did he complete 60% or better. Since 2013 he has 3TD and 3 INT's in play off games. Has passed for over 200 yard just once and hasn't completed more than 16 passes in a single game. This doesn't sound like someone who knows how to "win" big games. This sounds like someone that DESPITE him his team was winning in big games.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he knows how to have a 58% comp in big games. 7 TD to 5 INT in big games, he has a 4-2 record but that is more on the defense and Harbaugh than Kaep. 3 of his 6 Playoff games he completed LESS than 55% of his passes and only ONCE did he complete 60% or better. Since 2013 he has 3TD and 3 INT's in play off games. Has passed for over 200 yard just once and hasn't completed more than 16 passes in a single game. This doesn't sound like someone who knows how to "win" big games. This sounds like someone that DESPITE him his team was winning in big games.

He also came 1 throw away from winning a Super-Bowl on what coulda easily been a holding call, and dam near brought the Niners back vs our vaulted D in the NFC title game... Look at some of his performances in Green Bay on the road in the playoffs which is a BRUTAL place to try and get a win, also in Carolina... Were talking about a back-up roll, I would feel way better in a playoff situation having Kaep come in over Boykin, I stand by that ... Kaep has some talent, it's there... again back-up roll, it's a no brainer for the Seahawks in my opinion if he's willing to come in at the right price...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also came 1 throw away from winning a Super-Bowl on what coulda easily been a holding call, and dam near brought the Niners back vs our vaulted D in the NFC title game... Look at some of his performances in Green Bay on the road in the playoffs which is a BRUTAL place to try and get a win, also in Carolina... Were talking about a back-up roll, I would feel way better in a playoff situation having Kaep come in over Boykin, I stand by that ... Kaep has some talent, it's there... again back-up roll, it's a no brainer for the Seahawks in my opinion if he's willing to come in at the right price...

You keep talking about his " experience". Last season he was playing in a Chip Kelly offense, do you seeing that as being useful for playing in the Seahawks system? The year before his OC was Geep Chryst who tried to make him a pocket passer, that didn't go good. Again I don't see that experience as being useful.
Those big games you speak of was Kaep making huge runs for the most part. Early in his career teams had a hard time adjusting to QB that ran like a RB. He's 29 now and don't expect those kind of runs anymore, think teams now how to defend now anyways. It's always been about his running ability not his arm and certainly not his football intelligence.
So in short Kaep doesn't know the Seahawks offensive system ( and it's highly questionable that he could master it, specially not in one off season). He doesn't know the playbook, he doesn't have experience playing with the Seahawks players. His best attribute is running, nobody praises his throwing, or the way he reads the defense. The offense would have to get changed a lot if he was forced to play. Yet the Seahawks have a QB on the roster, that knows the system, knows the playbook, has played with his teammates both in games and practice, plays like RW lite. So in my eyes that's the kind of experience I'd be looking for in a backup. Boykin is the one that has the experience that is actually useful, not the guy that was successful for a short bit playing like a college QB, then got two coaching staffs fired because they couldn't turn him into a real NFL QB.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, fans don't have a say in these matters. Guess we will find out how this plays out, soon enough.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me it doesn't really matter who the back up is, if RW goes down for a long period of time our season is toast.