• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K-State Game Thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, losing is all Dana is good at. Embarrassing losses to KU and ISU every year. He loses his team every year. Team can't win in November every year. Late season collapses every year.

Discipline...don't get me started..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it....stop it. I already said bring RR back. He will bring back the glory days of the Big East and maybe the Big 12 is easier than the PAC-12 and Big 10. THEN we will win the Big 12 Championship every season, just like in the Big East..........wait a minute.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least with Rich we know the kids will be disciplined.

We also know he won't worry about running the same play with the same player over and over. We'd never have to witness another Saturday like the KSU Saturday.

The Big 12 ain't that much tougher than the BE. The BE was a great league. Rich will show everyone... I'm on board too.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fallacy of the B12 is so much stronger is shown by TCU, they came from a weaker league than the BE ever thought of being, and are near the top of the B12 standings after one year of adjustment. Some try to take up for Holgorsen by saying how great the B12 is, want to say Fraud has been a failure, he was one season away from greatness at UM, but was forced out because he played ball differently, he has Arizona better than they have ever been, hell, he won 10 games last year, so where is the failure? The real questions needing answered at WVU are, where is the QB that can run the offense? We keep hearing that we have a great one coming, but the kids end up playing another position. Why does the team take multiple games off every year? Why does our offense get worse each year? WVU is a middle of the pack team in the B12 because we have an inferior coach, period, quit making excuses for Holgorsen.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fallacy of the B12 is so much stronger is shown by TCU, they came from a weaker league than the BE ever thought of being, and are near the top of the B12 standings after one year of adjustment. Some try to take up for Holgorsen by saying how great the B12 is, want to say Fraud has been a failure, he was one season away from greatness at UM, but was forced out because he played ball differently, he has Arizona better than they have ever been, hell, he won 10 games last year, so where is the failure? The real questions needing answered at WVU are, where is the QB that can run the offense? We keep hearing that we have a great one coming, but the kids end up playing another position. Why does the team take multiple games off every year? Why does our offense get worse each year? WVU is a middle of the pack team in the B12 because we have an inferior coach, period, quit making excuses for Holgorsen.

Ok Poppy, before you go down a rabbit hole, let's put some joking aside. Look at TCU's record. Patterson has been cyclical at best while at the helm. For every 10+ season while in the MWC, he has had some 4-7 and 5-6 records as well. He came in with a good team but let's see what happens when Boykin graduates.

Realistically, how has RR been doing since leaving the Big East? If he was truly 1 season away from greatness, why did they show him the door? Would any school get rid of a HC that is that close? You said that he has a 10-4 record, but had two 8-5 records before it. Isn't that below 9+ win season demands set by you, let alone not competing in the Conference Championship game? Why doesn't the Dana Standard imposed by the fans count for a proven HC? RR has been in the game for some time and hasn't realistically done much since he left the Big East. Where is RR's Conference Championships? How many times did he compete in one.We don't need to discuss his current 6-6 record this season.

I guess you conveniently skipped the offense and defense stats comparing last year to this year. Where did the offense regress. Dana balanced out his passing game with a running game. No doubt there were times he should of continued running the ball, but didn't. What games did they take off? The 4 games we lost in a row, we had opportunities to possibly win 2. The other 2 games we had our asses handed to us.

I agree with your statement that we are a middle of the road team in the Big 12 and it is due in part to coaching. Dana doesn't have the experience but I'm ready to see what next season brings and hopefully the year after that. I do not see 1 time this year where he lost the team. I didn't see poor clock management this year. I saw improvement in Special Teams, which he doesn't coach but is blamed if they suck. What about fumbles? Defense? Who have you heard that is knocking down our door to be the HC and will win 10 games every year and will win the Conference Championship within 5 years? If you want to compare us to TCU, less than 3.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Summed it up pretty well. Be nice if WVU could afford to hire Calvin Magee away from RichRod so we could run an offense that actually fits our players talents. Howard,Crest,Sills, are all decent runners but pretty average passers, RB's fit, WR are off and on but could prob keep a defense honest

Defense is still a slap in the face to the program. "We cant recruit defensive linemen, we have to be gimmicky:bawling:"

Meanwhile, Doc is poised to have his third double digit win season in a row, RR is being courted all over the country and Dana..... Still safe n sound in Morgantown, not 1 school wanted him after 732 coaching changes this year....

Dark days boys, dark days indeed....

Butch Davis, still out there, still knows FL recruiting, still has that NC on his resume, still has players at UNC (who just played un the ACC CCG) and still has that NFL experience.

Ive been pretty good this year, maybe Santa can make it happen....:hope:

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought TCU went 4-8 their second year in the Big 12, untill they got Boyken I thought we had identical records every year till the last 2?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how good TCU played after Boykin's injury.

He was the reason there was any difference between the two schools.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought TCU went 4-8 their second year in the Big 12, untill they got Boyken I thought we had identical records every year till the last 2?
Damn, they went out and got a QB who could play their offense, and have been at the top of the league in their third and fourth year in the "mighty" B12, their coach coaches, ours gets highly rated HS QBs and moves them to WR...........You made the point for me, Mike, thanks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, they went out and got a QB who could play their offense, and have been at the top of the league in their third and fourth year in the "mighty" B12, their coach coaches, ours gets highly rated HS QBs and moves them to WR...........You made the point for me, Mike, thanks.

Is this the same T Boykin who caught 11 passes for 100 yards against WVU in 2013? The receiver?

West Virginia vs. TCU - Box Score - November 2, 2013 - ESPN

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DAD no one has said Rich is a failure... a liar maybe..but not a failure!:laugh:

You have no idea what Michigan would or would not have done if Rich coached them when Hoke took over..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doc has been a great ambassador for WVU. I am proud of the work he has done at Marshall. He wins championships. And, I like me a champion...

Marshall plays nobody... the way WVU played nobody in the BE... I like me double digit wins... just like when WVU used to rack up them kind of seasons...

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings
Marshall #95

ESPN Football Power Index - 2015 - ESPN
Marshall #69... good number!

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY
SOS #138. Ouch...
Wish Jeff would have ranked them #69 instead of 68. 69 is more fun...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD no one has said Rich is a failure... a liar maybe..but not a failure!:laugh:

You have no idea what Michigan would or would not have done if Rich coached them when Hoke took over..
Just like Fraud's first three years at WVU, you could see the UM team getting stronger and faster each year as they adjusted to Fraud's style. I fully believe they would have done as well or better had Fraud not been fired, and GUARANTEE they would have been better than Hoke's later years. That improvement is what we do NOT see currently at WVU. I agree 100% with Holgorsen needing to hire an OC, he is not up to doing both jobs. I think Efore needs to go, and if there is not MAJOR improvement next year, Holgorsen needs to follow. OH, and there is no maybe, he IS a liar!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the same T Boykin who caught 11 passes for 100 yards against WVU in 2013? The receiver?

West Virginia vs. TCU - Box Score - November 2, 2013 - ESPN

It's actually the same player who beat WVU in Morgantown as a true freshman.

TCU vs. West Virginia - Game Recap - November 3, 2012 - ESPN

Corey Fuller caught a 25-yard touchdown pass and Trevone Boykin threw to Josh Boyce for the 2-point conversion, lifting TCU to a 39-38 double-overtime win over West Virginia (No. 21 BCS, No. 23 AP) on Saturday night.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is so much better than WVU they beat KU by 6 this year...

Kansas vs. TCU - Game Summary - November 14, 2015 - ESPN

TCU did enough without the national leader in total offense, getting touchdowns on backup Foster Sawyer's only completion and KaVontae Turpin's zigzagging 49-punt return in a 23-17 win over the Jayhawks on Saturday.

r25655_576x324_16-9.jpg
TCU survives Kansas'€™ upset bid, keeps Big 12 title hopes alive
TCU, whose offense lagged after losing Trevone Boykin in the first quarter, managed two scoring drives in the final quarter to hold off winless Kansas.

Anybody arguing TCU is showing the rest of us how the Big 12 ain't that tough... just being a troll...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually the same player who beat WVU in Morgantown as a true freshman.

TCU vs. West Virginia - Game Recap - November 3, 2012 - ESPN

Corey Fuller caught a 25-yard touchdown pass and Trevone Boykin threw to Josh Boyce for the 2-point conversion, lifting TCU to a 39-38 double-overtime win over West Virginia (No. 21 BCS, No. 23 AP) on Saturday night.
Oh I forgot about that. Casey Pachall injury/drug year off. Point was recruited quarterbacks playing receiver. I don't recall the week, but believe Dana mentioned this with Crest's path to being on the field resembs Boykins.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Patterson puts his freak athlete on the field to take advantage of his athleticism... he is a fucking genius. Because that is the sign of genius.

When Holgorsen puts his freak athletes on the field... it's because he can't develop the kid at the position they was recruited for... because he don't know what he's doing. Stupid fucking man! Should never have been a HC. He's nothing but an OC...

Yeah... we have a bunch of two faced bigots in our fan base. I'm sure they're good with that...

Pat McAfee loves the Mountie fan base despite the death threats....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, losing is all Dana is good at. Embarrassing losses to KU and ISU every year. He loses his team every year. Team can't win in November every year. Late season collapses every year.

Discipline...don't get me started..
We lost to Kansas and Iowa State this year?? Really? Might want to check that again. As for November... We won EVERY game in November... Did you drink Kool-Aid DAD handed you?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost to Kansas and Iowa State this year?? Really? Might want to check that again. As for November... We won EVERY game in November... Did you drink Kool-Aid DAD handed you?

We lose to them every year. It is part of the late season collapse that happens every year. When the kids quit playing... and the coach loses the team because he doesn't make them call him coach.. every year.

The offense gets worse every year.

And, they embarrass the hell out of me... every year.

Hope that helps clear things up for you....