• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K-State Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My starting game threads is probably the definition of insanity, but what the hell, here goes. Last game of the regular season, let's end it with a W!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would like to beat these guys. LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the start I would have liked to have seen, but I'll take 3.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, DAMN! :L

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to a team playing a WR at QB....:L

GTFO Dana, just go

Was Baylor who had a WR playing QB, and they lost. Have you been drinking or smoking something???

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we need a coach that loses to Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, not to mention a middle of the road MAC team.......

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the part where your hero played a QB with a broken ankle, ran him in critical sitations while not running a RB that was destroying our opponent?

Keep up man. and BTW DOC>Dana 7 days out of 7

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is like saying Boykin is a WR, He has been the backup QB for weeks, has been practicing for weeks as the backup QB. Sills is now a WR, not a QB playing WR, he has been repping as a WR.

Now Baylor on the other hand had to put a true WR in a QB.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we saw yesterday was a good coaching staff at KSU making halftime adjustments that were effective, and a WVU coaching staff adjusting AWAY from what was working. KSU came out in the second half putting pressure on Howard on every play, and WVU totally abandoned the running game, offensive guru my ass.....Holgorsen did JUST enough to keep his job for next year. With the talent on this team it is a royal shame that game day coaching decisions are costing wins. That said, WVU DID finish the year better than I expected.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I have had a little time to cool down from last night. I was like everyone else... angry and frustrated to watch WVU give that one away. It sucks to lose a game when you've done enough to out produce them in every category but the final score.

It sucks to watch ST's cost the team this game last night. I know there had been issues in years' past, but this year the team had done a great job in KO coverage and I don't remember a muffed punt return.

Funny to watch a 4th string QB come in and complete but 4 passes.... but, one of them happens to be a 77 yd toss and run for a TD. WVU completely shut down the KSU team, and deserved a better outcome.

Not sure what Snyder did at half to elevate the KR game, but kudos to the old man for whatever he and his son did to get that guy to wiggle through missed tackles for some big returns in the 2nd half.

I am not one who gets into the whole play calling deal. But, I was upset to see Dana give Skyler read option plays last night. I have no idea why this would be the case. Not just the failed 4th and 1 conversion attempt, but any of those play calls earlier. The kid hurt his ankle! KSU knew he hurt his ankle. It made defense of the play with scrape exchange easy to execute.

Hated watching the game. Hated it from the beginning of the game. Hated watching our 4-star WR's drop pass after pass. Hated hearing the announcers talk about how many dropped passes we had in the game. Hated hearing them talk about how many drop passes they've had over the last 2/3 of the season.

Hated watching Durante drop a wide open reception that would have clearly gone for a TD.

Hated watching Smallwood come up 1 yard short of the end zone at the end of the half, and settling for a FG.

Hated everything about last night...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you had a chance to cool down.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but got the Cliff Notes from BBW...Don't know what it is...but KSU seems to have WV's number..no matter what it looks like on paper from statistics...

End of the day it sounds like Dana owns this one....

As I told BBW Snyder is an outstanding football coach...really didn't know much about him until Wv joined the Big12...I have a ton of respect for how he gets his kids ready each and every week...no matter what he has to work with..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but got the Cliff Notes from BBW...Don't know what it is...but KSU seems to have WV's number..no matter what it looks like on paper from statistics...

End of the day it sounds like Dana owns this one....

As I told BBW Snyder is an outstanding football coach...really didn't know much about him until Wv joined the Big12...I have a ton of respect for how he gets his kids ready each and every week...no matter what he has to work with..
Snyder is a hell of a coach, he is the type of guy WVU needs as HC. Snyder takes three star players, JUCO guys, and a lot of walk ons and gets them playing at a level of many teams with four and five star kids all over the place. I have a great deal of respect for him, he has done it right and wins pretty consistently.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is a hell of a coach, he is the type of guy WVU needs as HC. Snyder takes three star players, JUCO guys, and a lot of walk ons and gets them playing at a level of many teams with four and five star kids all over the place. I have a great deal of respect for him, he has done it right and wins pretty consistently.

Well you need to think about that DAD...depends what you are looking for..if you are looking for a coach that can win you championships Snyder hasn't done it either..1 Big12 title to his name...but KSU is OKAY rolling with a 9 win season every year...they do not have unrealistic expectations of their program...

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a Dana supporter up till this season, and then it has been on and off (maybe I am a bandwagon fan). I'm not sure what it would take now for me to see him continue as the HC. As a retired soldier and
historian I have a bad habit of comparing HC's to Generals. I look at DH about the same way I look at Union General George B. McClellan, great organizer, men loved him, but couldn't get done in the field.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Dana, he is our coach, he does good the Mountaineers do good. I think he inherited a rough situation here. He got a few superstars to start with, but not much else as far as talent, and there was a lack of depth from the classes not being filled, also we were on probation from the previous coach. Also the transition to the Big 12, just to mention a few. I will not make excuses, as there has been enough time now to have the ship floating the right way. If we win the bowl game we are a game better then last year, if not we finish the same.

With that said, I would give him one more year, and set it straight out nothing below a 9 win season will do or this is coming to an end.

I think this team was a QB away from being very good, look at TCU and Baylor when they lost their QB's that is the difference between us and them IMHO. Hopefully Chuggs is good, as Crest is not going to be QB if he can't outplay Howard by now, when Howard has a bad hand and ankle. That says to me Crest better change positions if he wants to play.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you need to think about that DAD...depends what you are looking for..if you are looking for a coach that can win you championships Snyder hasn't done it either..1 Big12 title to his name...but KSU is OKAY rolling with a 9 win season every year...they do not have unrealistic expectations of their program...
I do not have delusions of WVU "winning" the "national title" every year, or even winning the league every year. What I DO expect is a team that goes out and plays hard EVERY week, that I see improvement in from week to week, a team that learns from their mistakes, corrects them, and gets better. I have seen NONE of that under Holgorsen. I see a team that lays down at times, makes the same mistakes over and over. I have read and heard that we were a QB away from being very good this year, WELL, wasn't Holgorsen supposed to be the guy who had such a great offense that you just plugged ANY QB into it?? I saw nothing this season to think the team got better, we beat MOST of the teams we should have, lost a few we probably should have won, and got owned in several games. The one area I have seen improvement in is the defense, the offense has completely tanked, the STs are about the same, horrible. If we don't win 9 next year, he needs to go.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have delusions of WVU "winning" the "national title" every year, or even winning the league every year. What I DO expect is a team that goes out and plays hard EVERY week, that I see improvement in from week to week, a team that learns from their mistakes, corrects them, and gets better. I have seen NONE of that under Holgorsen. I see a team that lays down at times, makes the same mistakes over and over. I have read and heard that we were a QB away from being very good this year, WELL, wasn't Holgorsen supposed to be the guy who had such a great offense that you just plugged ANY QB into it?? I saw nothing this season to think the team got better, we beat MOST of the teams we should have, lost a few we probably should have won, and got owned in several games. The one area I have seen improvement in is the defense, the offense has completely tanked, the STs are about the same, horrible. If we don't win 9 next year, he needs to go.

I think about 75% I agree with believe it or not DAD...but we differ big time on Special Teams...I think overall they made huge strides.........