• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fuente to Virginia Tech looks like a done deal....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LSU would be taking a risk on a one year head coach in a smaller conference, but hell it may be what the Tigers need.

that's true, he has only coached one year as HC, kinda forgot that.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Herman to me is one of those coaches that just has that "it" factor to him.

He knows how to coach and how to build a program

He's going to be a top level coach one day I think

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have gone somewhere much better, head scratcher move

Maybe he could have? This all assumes of course that these reports are true and that he is in fact coming to VT. But please Sgt., tell me what available job is soooo much better than VT right now (other than USC-w)??? Better for one person isn't always better for another. A huge commitment to football, passionate fanbase, fertile recruiting grounds, and reasonable expectations are just a few reasons why VT is as attractive a job as there is out there. OregonDucks outlined the reasons beautifully several posts back :clap:. Just because Job A pays 4 mill a year and job B pays 3 million a year doesn't make Job A a better medium/long term option. Especially if Job A fires your ass after being well above average for the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he could have? This all assumes of course that these reports are true and that he is in fact coming to VT. But please Sgt., tell me what available job is soooo much better than VT right now (other than USC-w)??? Better for one person isn't always better for another. A huge commitment to football, passionate fanbase, fertile recruiting grounds, and reasonable expectations are just a few reasons why VT is as attractive a job as there is out there. OregonDucks outlined the reasons beautifully several posts back :clap:. Just because Job A pays 4 mill a year and job B pays 3 million a year doesn't make Job A a better medium/long term option. Especially if Job A fires your ass after being well above average for the last 5 years.
Yes you are right, VT is as attractive of a job out there as any. No pressure in following the guy who made the program relevant.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right, VT is as attractive of a job out there as any. No pressure in following the guy who made the program relevant.
the fact the last person in that position stayed there almost 30 years would be a negative to you if you were a potential applicant? :noidea:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuente is the person i've put my money on from the get go and that is still true today, but Herman is not out of the question yet. There is much more smoke around the Herman front than there was a week ago.

1 thing that is ringing true from VT's front on all ends is that Bud Foster is staying put unless something drastic happens. (head coaching gig somewhere)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuente is the person i've put my money on from the get go and that is still true today, but Herman is not out of the question yet. There is much more smoke around the Herman front than there was a week ago.

1 thing that is ringing true from VT's front on all ends is that Bud Foster is staying put unless something drastic happens. (head coaching gig somewhere)

Really? Where are you seeing the Herman stuff. What I've read is its likely Fuente with Dan Mullen as a possible stealth candidate.

Plus, I'm like 90% certain Herman would wait for LSU to open up in a week or so. I haven't read anything on it but I think Herman is gonna be a great head coach and that's a premiere job that would be perfect for him. I'd LOVE to have him but I don't think its realistic anymore

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Where are you seeing the Herman stuff. What I've read is its likely Fuente with Dan Mullen as a possible stealth candidate.

Plus, I'm like 90% certain Herman would wait for LSU to open up in a week or so. I haven't read anything on it but I think Herman is gonna be a great head coach and that's a premiere job that would be perfect for him. I'd LOVE to have him but I don't think its realistic anymore
Turning down the USC-E job and not the VT job to this point. Multiple sites/reporters/newspapers with VT sources saying they are still in conversations (Chris Coleman/Kyle Bailey/VTscoop,etc.). Dwayne Lawson just followed him on Twitter too fwiw. I'm still calling Fuente the guy and will be damn happy with it, but I don't believe it is a done deal yet.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning down the USC-E job and not the VT job to this point. Multiple sites/reporters/newspapers with VT sources saying they are still in conversations (Chris Coleman/Kyle Bailey/VTscoop,etc.). Dwayne Lawson just followed him on Twitter too fwiw. I'm still calling Fuente the guy and will be damn happy with it, but I don't believe it is a done deal yet.

The Lawson thing is interesting, might just be trolling us though. Darn kids. If the players know, which I doubt, it'll leak real soon. No way they can all keep quiet.

But I took him turning down the Cocks as he was looking at bigger schools like LSU or perhaps Texas.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lawson thing is interesting, might just be trolling us though. Darn kids. If the players know, which I doubt, it'll leak real soon. No way they can all keep quiet.

But I took him turning down the Cocks as he was looking at bigger schools like LSU or perhaps Texas.

Could be.

I think if LSU fires a 10+win per season, natty winning, $15 million buyout coach for a 1 season head coach @ Houston they are just pure fucking stupid though. If they get rid of the grass muncher they better have a damn good shot at some blockbuster type sure thing.

But fwiw the fact that Herman could very well jump ship for the first big time Texas job that comes up could very well put Fuente as the better option of the 2 for VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both know that's not true, hilljack.

Never heard "hill jack" before. So had to look it up.

Hill jack

From the southern region of the Midwest (see Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania :dhd: and the better part of West Virginia :heh:). Hilljacks have a penchant for sleeveless t-shirts, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet and low-end regional beer. Family gatherings come in the form of cookouts and all of them culminate in drunken brawls and multiple arrests. Young hilljack chicks are usually very attractive but undergo a metamorphosis sometime after they have their third kid before the age of twenty.

Urban Dictionary: hilljack

Lighten up Ralphie...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be surprised if LSU hired Herman .. They'd go bigger than that but that would truly show what kind of morons they are. Fire the most successful coach in their history and a 15mil buyout to hire a guy who has been a HC for one season and is doing well with a team that was always gonna be very good. He's gonna be great but that's a pretty risky move.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shit .. My post basically echoed Cam's .. Would be stupid for them to fire him

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard "hill jack" before. So had to look it up.

Hill jack

From the southern region of the Midwest (see Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania :dhd: and the better part of West Virginia :heh:). Hilljacks have a penchant for sleeveless t-shirts, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet and low-end regional beer. Family gatherings come in the form of cookouts and all of them culminate in drunken brawls and multiple arrests. Young hilljack chicks are usually very attractive but undergo a metamorphosis sometime after they have their third kid before the age of twenty.

Urban Dictionary: hilljack

Lighten up Ralphie...

LOL, you called me a hillbilly. You lighten up turkey :)

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuente is going to Texas after they fire Strong next week.
Getting a former Oklahoma Quarterback is their only chance, again.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman would definitely be a high risk/reward move for LSU.

If he didn't pan out, our AD would be packing his bags.

If he was wildly successful, our AD would be hailed as a forward thinking genius.

It would be entertaining to watch for sure....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per my sources embedded deeply within the Blacksburg program