• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just an opinion. We are going to regret the win today

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some advice from a Seahawks fan,

In 2010 going into week 17 the Seahawks were 6-9 going into a game against the St. Louis Rams that if we won, we would win the division. Before this game there was a lot of talk among Seahawk fans that we should intentionally lose the game as it would place us 6-10 with a top 10 pick vs being 7-9 and division champions with a likely embarrassing first round exit against the defending Superbowl champion Saints. Despite being the first 7-9 team to make the playoffs in NFL history, the playoff game that followed was one of the best in Seahawks history and produced that extremely memorable run by Marshawn Lynch that is replayed every time the Seahawks go on national television.

It is also worth noting that after that season, our starting QB Matt Hasselbeck departed. If the Seahawks would have lost that week 17 game against the Rams and went 6-10, we wouldn't have had that amazing playoff game and we may well have selected a QB in our first pick (which would have been in the top 10 or early teens). The QBs selected around that area were Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder.

Things would have been a lot worse for the Seahawks if we would have played for draft position.

But we dont need a top incoming rookie QB

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every situation is its own entity. that said he flat out said they would have likely ended up with a crappy qb. We do not need a qb, if he is suggesting we end up with a crappy player if we lose this game and would have lost the last one, well he cant say that. because again each is its own

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the dumbest post made since I came to this forum .....

Regret beating the Redskins?.................... I know not one Cowboys fan that would answer that with a yes

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what comes from fantasy football, madden football, etc....someone thinking a SEASON ENDING loss that would result in a higher draft position is a better plan than beating Washington and having a chance to win the division. I'm guessing the Giants are glad they didn't roll with that plan a couple of years ago when they squeaked into the playoffs only to win the Super Bowl. Or the Packers, who wouldn't have even made the playoffs without help from a D Jackson punt return in the final minute of the Philly game only to win the Super Bowl. Winning football games is more important than anything else that happens in the sport

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what comes from fantasy football, madden football, etc....someone thinking a SEASON ENDING loss that would result in a higher draft position is a better plan than beating Washington and having a chance to win the division. I'm guessing the Giants are glad they didn't roll with that plan a couple of years ago when they squeaked into the playoffs only to win the Super Bowl. Or the Packers, who wouldn't have even made the playoffs without help from a D Jackson punt return in the final minute of the Philly game only to win the Super Bowl. Winning football games is more important than anything else that happens in the sport

agreed 100% EVERY GAME MATTERS ....

and I'll throw in ANY GIVEN SUNDAY to go with

without any given Sunday .... no way the Giants tip toe into the playoffs and beat the undefeated Pats to win the Superbowl .....
Thing is that wasn't so long ago either ...... No clue why people give up so easy

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of all the posts last year stating that the Washington game wasn't a big deal because we would just lost in the first round. Just get in.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about it ..the Giants lost 5 of their last 8 games and then win it all.

Any given Sunday.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of all the posts last year stating that the Washington game wasn't a big deal because we would just lost in the first round. Just get in.

Lose. Sorry about the typo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every situation is its own entity. that said he flat out said they would have likely ended up with a crappy qb. We do not need a qb, if he is suggesting we end up with a crappy player if we lose this game and would have lost the last one, well he cant say that. because again each is its own

No he is not. He is pointing out that this same discussion took place a few years back with Seattle fans and although they didn't win a SB that year it turned out better for them than if they failed to make the playoffs like some fans rooted for. You guys are so hung up on the wrong shit. Be a fan and root for your team. There is no guarantee that pick #15 will be better than pick #24.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not. He is pointing out that this same discussion took place a few years back with Seattle fans and although they didn't win a SB that year it turned out better for them than if they failed to make the playoffs like some fans rooted for. You guys are so hung up on the wrong shit. Be a fan and root for your team. There is no guarantee that pick #15 will be better than pick #24.

I agree jarntt, there are 31 1st round picks. There are how many colleges in the US? You can't tell me that their are only 31 good football players in the entire draft, and there are damn sure more than 15. Many times the top picks are bust, and many times gems are found in late rounds, anyone ever heard of Tom Brady?