• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordy hurt, AR in bandages

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack = 14 and 2
Bears = 2 and 14

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? All we have to do is limit Cutlers turnovers to have a shot. Besides AR this div is wide open. Were gonna be dam respectable this year.

Noon, here is the problem as I see it. Yes, we will start off running the ball more to limit Jay, we all get that. BUT, the defensive secondary is so suspect, the O line is one injury away from disaster, not inconceivable the Bears will have to rely on Cutler to attempt to bring them back into games, ala last year. At that point, we get the same ole same ole, some great games, some average games, some mediocre games and some awful games.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incidentally, in spite of Marshall, we are down to 25th in dead money. At least in that respect, the Emery years weren't a total disaster.
The only reason we are so low is because Cutlers contract makes it too expensive to cut him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS is exactly why I don't watch the preseason games. I draw more wrong conclusions than anything. Yes I know I draw enough bad conclusions as it is...trust me, I would be even worse if I were tuning in now.
What does this mean Cali?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess improvement on the defense allowing ~4 tds per game over the last 2 seasons is of no concern? YMMV, but Id say thats the starting point for improvement.
I'm not concerned about the def because we fixed that with a legit coach. And it may take 2 drafts but we'll be much better this year because of coaching.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about the def because we fixed that with a legit coach. And it may take 2 drafts but we'll be much better this year because of coaching.

That should help, but Ill reserve judgement until meaningful games are played.

C

cubzzzfanincali

What does this mean Cali?

Not sure what you aren't getting, so I'll just say it again. When I used to watch preseason games, I would draw a lot of incorrect conclusions about how guys and how teams would be playing. Since I bet on football (legally of course, in Nevada), this isn't just a matter of pride or disappointment or anything....it has actually cost me money. I quit watching the preseason years ago, which has made it a lot clearer to think about the game. Like when this board's predecessor on ESPN kept talking about "how much better J'Marcus Webb looks in camp", all I could do was be dubious and roll my eyes.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we need a protocol to deal with trolls. Rule number 1 should be to not quote or respond to their trolling. If anything give them a rainbow or bullshit and move on. This guy is just trying to get a rise out of us.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling team boards being a no-no is rule No. 1 if I'm not mistaken?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we need a protocol to deal with trolls. Rule number 1 should be to not quote or respond to their trolling. If anything give them a rainbow or bullshit and move on. This guy is just trying to get a rise out of us.
OK I get the rainbow now, he is a AR fan. Good call.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you aren't getting, so I'll just say it again. When I used to watch preseason games, I would draw a lot of incorrect conclusions about how guys and how teams would be playing. Since I bet on football (legally of course, in Nevada), this isn't just a matter of pride or disappointment or anything....it has actually cost me money. I quit watching the preseason years ago, which has made it a lot clearer to think about the game. Like when this board's predecessor on ESPN kept talking about "how much better J'Marcus Webb looks in camp", all I could do was be dubious and roll my eyes.
OK now I get it. I don't gamble. I don't listen to the talking heads either, I draw my own conclusions. That way when I look stupid it's my own doing. This team looks to be playing harder then I have seen in years, 3 deep. Does it mean were good no, but I can watch a team that tries.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, the time of year when everyone is incredibly optimistic. Last year at this time we were super bowl contenders. Happens every single year in the preseason. This year is no different.
I dont know about anybody else but I had them at 8-8 last year......same thing this season

C

cubzzzfanincali

I was on the verge of starting the annual "OK everyone, what's your final prediction on their record thread." Then I remembered we have two more preseason games to get through and their injury reports. Getting close though!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep giving everyone bullshit ratings @BsGenius, I'm sure that will win everyone over.:rolleyes:

What a fucking fheg:kermit: