• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Stevenson

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this staff is nearly as impressed with our backfield as Rivals, 247, Scout and ESPN were.

Neither am I for that matter.

I would like to have seen what Taylor could do last season. He is an unknown. Even more now that he's coming off of injury.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momma knows Bama has everything Nebraska has, just closer to home and a much better looking last decade.

If he thinks he's escaping competition that he wouldn't otherwise face at Bama, he's in for a rude awakening when he gets here.

He'd have better O'lines at Bama.

Comparing our last 7 years of O'lines anyway.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momma knows Bama has everything Nebraska has, just closer to home and a much better looking last decade.

If he thinks he's escaping competition that he wouldn't otherwise face at Bama, he's in for a rude awakening when he gets here.

Dallas to Lincoln - 635 miles
Dallas to Tuscaloosa - 586 miles

Less than an hour difference to go watch his home games.

The bigger difference would be going to any away games. Being SEC 'West' Alabama's away games would be considerably closer to Dallas than Nebraska's away games.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a gut feeling that we're gonna get him. Don't know why, and I've been wrong before, but I think we do :hope:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas to Lincoln - 635 miles
Dallas to Tuscaloosa - 586 miles

Less than an hour difference to go watch his home games.

The bigger difference would be going to any away games. Being SEC 'West' Alabama's away games would be considerably closer to Dallas than Nebraska's away games.

That's more what I meant. Thanks for clearing that up though RA. You've been on point lately.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a gut feeling that we're gonna get him. Don't know why, and I've been wrong before, but I think we do :hope:

Me too bud. I've seen his tape and if it translates, great. The only way I lose sleep over this one is if I have to watch him strolling through those wide open Bama OL gaps for TD's in the playoffs.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too bud. I've seen his tape and if it translates, great. The only way I lose sleep over this one is if I have to watch him strolling through those wide open Bama OL gaps for TD's in the playoffs.
I just really like the thought of getting a few guys with a big reason to put an asskicking on Wisconsin every year. Wasn't Barry supposed to go there too until they fucked him over the same way?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just really like the thought of getting a few guys with a big reason to put an asskicking on Wisconsin every year. Wasn't Barry supposed to go there too until they fucked him over the same way?

That sounds like some RSS speculation, but he did have a Wiscy offer. If he's pissed, GOOD. Everybody should be pissed though. There are a whole lotta gents on the roster who should want nothing more than to pound Wisconsin into the dirt.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanders, Switzer, Alvarez?

Some other Barry?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's my take.

I see nothing special in his videos. Typical good looking N/S stuff when there's a hole you can drive a truck through.

I saw a good stiff-arm, but there were a couple of high school DB's that kept up with him on long runs.

What I didn't see.

Field vision
Ability to make people miss.
Power
Break away speed

Ameer had all those attributes in his HS vids.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid's a definite talent... not a sure-fire stud though. Sounds like he really really wants to go to Nebraska and is trying to make mom see it his way. Since he's not signing an LOI and he's just enrolling, he can do so without her blessing.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like some RSS speculation, but he did have a Wiscy offer. If he's pissed, GOOD. Everybody should be pissed though. There are a whole lotta gents on the roster who should want nothing more than to pound Wisconsin into the dirt.
:noidea: I had only heard it from Wisconsin sources who are pissed about all the people who get denied admission. Here's an article about his decommitment. There was an article I saw recently about UW's admission troubles and he was mentioned in there as well, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Wisconsin football recruiting: LB Mohamed Barry decommits from Badgers - Bucky's 5th Quarter

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a post @Smart made which explained the situation with admissions there pretty well. Short story: They're trying to appear exclusive by excluding instead of offering something substantially better than a Nebraska or a Kansas.

TLDR: Very little substance to their exclusivity.

"Bottle service" is just a fancy phrase for "GIVE ME ALL THE MONEY"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's my take.

I see nothing special in his videos. Typical good looking N/S stuff when there's a hole you can drive a truck through.

I saw a good stiff-arm, but there were a couple of high school DB's that kept up with him on long runs.

What I didn't see.

Field vision
Ability to make people miss.
Power
Break away speed

Ameer had all those attributes in his HS vids.

OK. I take all of that back. The video in the link Brasky posted did him no justice. Just running thru holes straight to the end-zone.

I like this kid as much as I liked Ameer. This video shows everything I didn't see. His game also improved considerably from his JR (2013) to SR (2014) year.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I take all of that back. The video in the link Brasky posted did him no justice. Just running thru holes straight to the end-zone.

I like this kid as much as I liked Ameer. This video shows everything I didn't see. His game also improved considerably from his JR (2013) to SR (2014) year.

Haven't seen. Will watch right now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his shtick against Texas P5 programs, or theirs against him?

Looks like he could play for Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, or Texas Tech. Being close to home must not be important to him. :noidea:

Only offered by Texas.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw @RegentDenali say that Oregon State has a better campus for students because of portland (which is an hour away) and that if he comes here he'll "major in watching corn grow"

He genuinely believed it was easier to recruit to Corvallis than Lincoln. Blows my mind.

The wake up call kids get when the get here in terms of quality of life is pretty funny.

I don't know what we have to do to change the perception... It's so crazy people think Lincoln is a hick town in 2015.

I can see where kids would want to be an hour away from the major drug scene in Portland. I not saying Omaha is much better in that respect but Portland is like the home of skinheads and sech.