• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth, a has been at 23 years old ?..

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Project much?
Typical @TeddyJackEddy

05d.jpg

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
Spieth is worth pondering because he was set up to be that rarest of rare sportsman who had all of the qualities to be an all time great.
Like Jack and Tiger he was brilliant throughout his amateur career. Like Jack and Tiger he immediately proved that gift could translate to the highest level. Unlike Jack and Tiger he's having a ''major'' yip after opening his pro career in a similar manner to what those greats of greats did.
So that leads to the obvious question, will he regain the mystifying ''it'' that on rare occasion graces a mortal, or has something even rarer happened ?

See I'm not seeing this "major" yip. It has only been 3 majors since he was in position to win his third at last year's Masters. He "only" won twice last year and once already this year. Is that a drop off from 2015? Sure, but that's a function of the sport more than it is Jordan falling off a cliff.

He'll be back and he'll win many more majors in the future.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I'm not seeing this "major" yip. It has only been 3 majors since he was in position to win his third at last year's Masters. He "only" won twice last year and once already this year. Is that a drop off from 2015? Sure, but that's a function of the sport more than it is Jordan falling off a cliff.

He'll be back and he'll win many more majors in the future.

Since his leap to greatness in 2015 where he went 28 under par in majors he's been a collective 9 over par in majors, call it what you want, he's lost his mojo. The question is will he get it back and will he become the all time great he seemed destined to become ?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil and Jordan matched together today…great pairing for both.

I'd have to take Phil and his experience, but Spieth has raw talent and has played the back nine better than Phil.

coin flip here.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since his leap to greatness in 2015 where he went 28 under par in majors he's been a collective 9 over par in majors, call it what you want, he's lost his mojo. The question is will he get it back and will he become the all time great he seemed destined to become ?

I have tried to be nice to you as you obviously know nothing about the PGA. But you insist so let me try again. He was 28 under par in the 4 majors in 2015. That is like a guy hitting 14 homers in the month of April. Only an ignorant baseball fan would expect him to keep that up and end the season with 84 bombs. Knowledgeable baseball fans understand to keep up that pace is unrealistic.

He was right there last year ready to win another before an epic choke. But he was there, you claim he hasn't sniffed a major title since '15 and that is completely wrong. Speith's drop off was totally understandable, it happens to everyone not named Jack or Tiger. Again look at Rory's career, way more ups and downs than Speith.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're far more limited than you can grasp.

Yes, Johnny Miller was about to go on a historic run when he turned 23 and you try to convince us he was a has been like a certain young man who is currently in contention at the Masters.

Yet, according to you I'm limited :rolleyes2:

You should run down to your favorite gloryhole and put your festering gob to good use. Lord knows you ain't good for nothin else.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
Spieth is worth pondering because he was set up to be that rarest of rare sportsman who had all of the qualities to be an all time great.
Like Jack and Tiger he was brilliant throughout his amateur career. Like Jack and Tiger he immediately proved that gift could translate to the highest level. Unlike Jack and Tiger he's having a ''major'' yip after opening his pro career in a similar manner to what those greats of greats did.
So that leads to the obvious question, will he regain the mystifying ''it'' that on rare occasion graces a mortal, or has something even rarer happened ?

It took Tiger 2 & 1/2 years to win his 2nd major after his 1st Masters win. So Spieth is still ahead of Tiger's pace. He's not going to be Tiger because he's not long enough to dominate and there's too much top tier competition. I'm just saying..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Tiger 2 & 1/2 years to win his 2nd major after his 1st Masters win. So Spieth is still ahead of Tiger's pace. He's not going to be Tiger because he's not long enough to dominate and there's too much top tier competition. I'm just saying..

There really isn't top tier competition, just a depth of very good to excellent competition.
He doesn't have a truly great golfer in his prime to face.
Top tier are true greats.
Second tier is where all of today's top competitors live.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't top tier competition, just a depth of very good to excellent competition.
He doesn't have a truly great golfer in his prime to face.
Top tier are true greats.
Second tier is where all of today's top competitors live.

Also, Spieth WAS great for his entire amateur career and for a year at the highest level.
The rest is mostly mental, if he had kept the mojo and stayed healthy, he was there.
I'm very curious to how this tourney plays out for him, as we all are.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid blazed through his amateur career and set the tour on fire at 21 years old in 2015.
Since then he has should no ability to manage expectations.
He hasn't sniffed a major title since that great run, he is over par in majors since 2015.

He wouldn't be the first to not have the makeup to sty on top. I can't recall another golfer being great at 21 and average at 23 though. Johnny Miller might come closest.
You are delusional, Spieth has been 2nd, 1st and 2nd again in his three Masters appearances. This guy will win many more times before he is through playing.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Johnny Miller was about to go on a historic run when he turned 23 and you try to convince us he was a has been like a certain young man who is currently in contention at the Masters.

Yet, according to you I'm limited :rolleyes2:

You should run down to your favorite gloryhole and put your festering gob to good use. Lord knows you ain't good for nothin else.

You're an ankle biter, not serious competition.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger didn't have as many top competitors as Spieth has.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are delusional, Spieth has been 2nd, 1st and 2nd again in his three Masters appearances. This guy will win many more times before he is through playing.

He imploded last year and he's been way over par in majors since 2015.
I hope he wins this tourney, but he'll have to re-capture the mental edge he lost.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger didn't have as many top competitors as Spieth has.

I'm not going to spend 2 hours wiping asses and changing diapers again.
If a player is great, he wins many majors. This group is almost random as to who will show up at any given major, that damn sure isn't how greats perform.
If you think a golfer with a couple of major titles compares to the top of the fields Jack faced, wipe your own ass.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He imploded last year and he's been way over par in majors since 2015.
I hope he wins this tourney, but he'll have to re-capture the mental edge he lost.
He still has that mental edge. I doubt you ever played the game.