• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth, a has been at 23 years old ?..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid blazed through his amateur career and set the tour on fire at 21 years old in 2015.
Since then he has should no ability to manage expectations.
He hasn't sniffed a major title since that great run, he is over par in majors since 2015.

He wouldn't be the first to not have the makeup to sty on top. I can't recall another golfer being great at 21 and average at 23 though. Johnny Miller might come closest.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What-the-hell-is-this.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid blazed through his amateur career and set the tour on fire at 21 years old in 2015.
Since then he has should no ability to manage expectations.
He hasn't sniffed a major title since that great run, he is over par in majors since 2015.

He wouldn't be the first to not have the makeup to sty on top. I can't recall another golfer being great at 21 and average at 23 though. Johnny Miller might come closest.

Johnny Miller didn't even start his run of PGA greatness until he was 24, you fucking moron.

Spieth is a kid, he'll be fine. And BTW, he'll earn more money this week than you will in the next 50 years combined.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lurking. Only 4 shots back despite the 9 on 15 he made on Thursday

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous to write him off but the amount of Speith cock sucked by the media has also been ridiculous

The current next-tiger who hasn't even done a fraction of what Speith has is this John Rham character.

The media is so hot for the next tiger they fellate anyone who makes a string of pars.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i been watching the Masters, one thing about Spieth is the kid is getting around amen corner with ease, cept for the one shot on 15 on thursday. He'll be fine this weekend.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit early for that to say the least. He won a couple last season and once this year. He's in the hunt this weekend. He'll be fine. He's always run a bit hot when things start to go bad for him, but he was like that during his hot stretch, so it's hard to know whether that negatively affects his game. Nobody is going to be the next Tiger anytime soon, though... not when competition for that is coming from the likes of DJ, Day, Rory and several other young and not so young great talents in the mix. Golf has never been as strong at the top as it is now.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I heard that he has more top 10 finishes at his age than anyone else. Kid is pretty damn good.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few years have shown that there are no Tiger Woods' in today's game. There are awesome, streaky players who dominate for 6 months or so, and then someone else takes over. Martin Kaymer took The Players and then the US Open. Rory then won the British Open and PGA later in 2014. Spieth then claimed the Masters and US Open.....then it was Jason Day who got the PGA and the follow years Players. Now, the man is Dustin Johnson.

Spieth will be fine.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Tiger did was distort to the casual fan on just how hard it is to stay at the top. What he did was remarkable and hardly ever done. Just too many good players and golf is not like basketball, you can be up or down much more often. Rory looked invincible several times, then came back to Earth before rising again. To expect Speith to stay where he was a few years ago is unrealistic.

As for never sniffing a major since '15 the opening poster may want to look up last years Master where he should have won.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the OP says he's working with an idiot in the political section, then starts a thread here that ends with ?..

Classic.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna one up you.

I could have sworn that was going to be the "better than most" putt.

I never rooted for Tiger, that's like rooting for the Patriots or in the old days the Yankees. I always rooted for the guy he was battling who had not won much or maybe never. But it sure is fun to look back and appreciate his greatness.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Miller didn't even start his run of PGA greatness until he was 24, you fucking moron.

Spieth is a kid, he'll be fine. And BTW, he'll earn more money this week than you will in the next 50 years combined.

You're far more limited than you can grasp.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the OP says he's working with an idiot in the political section, then starts a thread here that ends with ?..

Classic.

We need a few more like me here, this board has too many like you.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Tiger did was distort to the casual fan on just how hard it is to stay at the top. What he did was remarkable and hardly ever done. Just too many good players and golf is not like basketball, you can be up or down much more often. Rory looked invincible several times, then came back to Earth before rising again. To expect Speith to stay where he was a few years ago is unrealistic.

As for never sniffing a major since '15 the opening poster may want to look up last years Master where he should have won.

True.
Spieth is worth pondering because he was set up to be that rarest of rare sportsman who had all of the qualities to be an all time great.
Like Jack and Tiger he was brilliant throughout his amateur career. Like Jack and Tiger he immediately proved that gift could translate to the highest level. Unlike Jack and Tiger he's having a ''major'' yip after opening his pro career in a similar manner to what those greats of greats did.
So that leads to the obvious question, will he regain the mystifying ''it'' that on rare occasion graces a mortal, or has something even rarer happened ?