• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Reed

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a an unbelievable pass catcher, but how many penalties is he going to give up at critical times? I bet he already has 5 or 6 this year. He is an asset, but he is also a huge liability at times.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a an unbelievable pass catcher, but how many penalties is he going to give up at critical times? I bet he already has 5 or 6 this year. He is an asset, but he is also a huge liability at times.

If Cousins didn't mess up several throws to him yesterday this would hardly be noticed. Reed is their true go to guy at this time. As long as he stays healthy it should be good since mistakes can be corrected over time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also BTW - the pick call was BS. Jeez - are NFL refs just desperate for attention at this time? They are very flag happy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem. When you get a reputation as a cronic holder or PI guy, the refs watch you more closely. THat is where Reed is right now.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousin's makes two better throws last night Reed has two easy touchdowns.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exactly what my Green Bay Packers need. I wish there was a way they could nab him from the Redskins. We've needed a quality tight end for some time now. I'll have my people get in touch with your people. :pound:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem. When you get a reputation as a cronic holder or PI guy, the refs watch you more closely. THat is where Reed is right now.

Well then he needs to correct this. It is not as if players cannot evolve & eliminate mistakes over time. I have no doubt that he will work with the coaches in this respect.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep & I would gladly settle for future games where he is flagged a few times in the middle of 2-3 TD games. This guy is a real talent & flaws can be reduced or eliminated over time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exactly what my Green Bay Packers need. I wish there was a way they could nab him from the Redskins. We've needed a quality tight end for some time now. I'll have my people get in touch with your people. :pound:

To hell with your people and my people. Rodgers for Reed and its a wrap, right here, right now.

Seriously though, J's on point about Reed's tendency for penalties and referees watching an habitual offender more intently. The penalty on the pick play wasn't as iffy as I originally thought either. Reed was more than a yard past the LOS, not much, but he was and he did a shitty job far as selling it as him running a route. I'm not even sure a pick was necessary after watching the play over a few times.

All of the Skins supposed proven offensive skill players have flaws. Reed can't block/gets more penalties called on him than any TE I can recall and he's injury prone. Garcon is damn near useless as a deep threat as he seems to have great difficulty catching passes he's running directly away from. I tried to be a Roberts guy last year, but he's damn near useless period regardless of what route he's running. They need to bench his ass now and play Jamison and Grant in the slot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hell with your people and my people. Rodgers for Reed and its a wrap, right here, right now.

Seriously though, J's on point about Reed's tendency for penalties and referees watching an habitual offender more intently. The penalty on the pick play wasn't as iffy as I originally thought either. Reed was more than a yard past the LOS, not much, but he was and he did a shitty job far as selling it as him running a route. I'm not even sure a pick was necessary after watching the play over a few times.

All of the Skins supposed proven offensive skill players have flaws. Reed can't block/gets more penalties called on him than any TE I can recall and he's injury prone. Garcon is damn near useless as a deep threat as he seems to have great difficulty catching passes he's running directly away from. I tried to be a Roberts guy last year, but he's damn near useless period regardless of what route he's running. They need to bench his ass now and play Jamison and Grant in the slot.

You forgot to mention their biggest weapon - Jackson. Hopefully he comes back in a few weeks. If he contributes it opens it up much more for all of the other players. Again - a lot of these guys are young players & are going to make mistakes. It is up to someone like Reed to correct these mistakes over this season & beyond. I am much more concerned about his injury history - we will see if he can improve.

You are making Reed sound like a liability which is crazy. He was by far their best weapon yesterday & might have been NFL player of the week if Cousins didn't botch so many plays. I am not going to lose too much sleep worrying about the receiving area for the Redskins - they have bigger issues to worry about (& I feel confident that other areas will be fine but it will take several years).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed should of had a career game last night. KC was just down right awful.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention their biggest weapon - Jackson. Hopefully he comes back in a few weeks. If he contributes it opens it up much more for all of the other players. Again - a lot of these guys are young players & are going to make mistakes. It is up to someone like Reed to correct these mistakes over this season & beyond. I am much more concerned about his injury history - we will see if he can improve.

You are making Reed sound like a liability which is crazy. He was by far their best weapon yesterday & might have been NFL player of the week if Cousins didn't botch so many plays. I am not going to lose too much sleep worrying about the receiving area for the Redskins - they have bigger issues to worry about (& I feel confident that other areas will be fine but it will take several years).

And some of y'all are making him out to be an all pro which is silly. He can't block and he leads the NFL in penalties and penalty yards at present. 2015 NFL Player Penalty Statistics - The Football Database He's a one trick pony.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Reed may be our best player on the team at the moment in case you didn't notice. He is very young, very athletic, very talented and needs to clean up some areas. He simply needs a confident, strong armed QB who can consistently deliver him the football.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if that's the case, Reed being the best player on the team. That's a problem unto itself.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins was horrible last night but the underthrow in the middle of the field wasn't on KC. Guy immediately came unblocked up the middle and KC couldn't plant to get enough on the throw. The second one was on him because he is not comfortable enough to throw and see the guy open before he is.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins was horrible last night but the underthrow in the middle of the field wasn't on KC. Guy immediately came unblocked up the middle and KC couldn't plant to get enough on the throw. The second one was on him because he is not comfortable enough to throw and see the guy open before he is.
So throw it anyway? That's Cousins...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So throw it anyway? That's Cousins...

He absolutely should have thrown that ball anyway and give Reed a chance to make a play. It was one on one and the defender wasn't looking. All Reed had to do was slow down and pretend like he was going back on that ball...pass interference.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more, actually both times he had pressure if I remember right but both balls were underthrown. Can't blame Cousin's when a guy is immediately in his face.