• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jon gruden

does jon gruden coach next year?

• coaching college

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • coaching pro

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • back to the booth

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the booth is where he wants to be any longer.

Speaking at an event at Gateway Bank in Florida on Friday, former NFL head coach Jon Gruden said that he wants to return to coaching.

Gruden will get what he wants. He's a hot commodity in coaching.

Personally I think he could call Texas right now and get the job. Unless of course there's any truth to the rumors of Saban heading that way. I think there is... :whistle:

He could call anywhere actually and say hey consider me, I'm interested! And he'd land the job.I don't think he will take any job. It will be a big name, like the Cowboys, Texas, USC etc.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has probably the highest profile job in sports broadcasting, is extremely popular with the fans and gets paid a ton to do it. He would be stupid to leave.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has probably the highest profile job in sports broadcasting, is extremely popular with the fans and gets paid a ton to do it. He would be stupid to leave.

Why would he be stupid? He'll get paid a ton returning to a big name program as a head coach.

He's already said this year that he wants to coach again.

Nothing stupid about pursuing what you want.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he be stupid? He'll get paid a ton returning to a big name program as a head coach.

He's already said this year that he wants to coach again.

Nothing stupid about pursuing what you want.
Grass isn't always greener and he is making millions doing what he does now. Personally I wouldn't want trade the off time for the stress and time commitment of running a major collegiate program.

Gruden has it made right now and very well could be setup for a very long and lucrative career. Personally I wouldn't make a move and I don't think he will either most likely MNF will give him a raise and extended contract to stay.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll come to LSU in 2015 when Les Miles takes the Michigan job over after Hoke gets fired.....

:happy:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep the thought of him coaching keeps his popularity alive. He comes back and doesn't win NC the luster is gone.

He's dumb to coach again. He enjoys all the popularity with none if the stress

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting college. He's already been successful at coaching, he's done the TV analyst thing and has stated he wants to return to coaching. I think he's looking for a challenging HC job in a college that isn't already on top, but with his help, would vault them to the top. If he takes a job where the team is already on top, he's basically got nowhere to go but down. If he takes on a challenge with a good mid-tier program that looks like it's on the cusp of top tier, he has room to grow it up to top tier. Just my opinion but also what I'd do if I was in his shoes.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting college. He's already been successful at coaching, he's done the TV analyst thing and has stated he wants to return to coaching. I think he's looking for a challenging HC job in a college that isn't already on top, but with his help, would vault them to the top. If he takes a job where the team is already on top, he's basically got nowhere to go but down. If he takes on a challenge with a good mid-tier program that looks like it's on the cusp of top tier, he has room to grow it up to top tier. Just my opinion but also what I'd do if I was in his shoes.

no way. his ego is too big. i think he would be more likely to take a job at a traditional power in hard times and rebuild it to glory.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College....

He will be Michigans next coach.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good to me. Send him to UW! :suds:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you go to the booth, you realize the stress you've been under for X number of years. Analyst is a more relaxing occupation.

Still, some people have it in their blood to coach and nothing else will satisfy them.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you go to the booth, you realize the stress you've been under for X number of years. Analyst is a more relaxing occupation.

Still, some people have it in their blood to coach and nothing else will satisfy them.

He gets his fix with the yearly QB special.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks are already in progress... With Kiffin

I'm actually concerned about that. When Kiffin came to Seattle for gameday I just had an ominous feeling it wasn't his only reason for visiting.

Sark to USC, Kiffin to UW.

Mother fucker...