• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Moffitt to sign with Eagles....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is straightened out, he will be the RG. He is a mauler, not a good pass protector. Good move, Chip!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it too. I remember a few of us liked him in that draft class -- he definitely had some talent, and obviously some drug issues. Seems like he's getting his life turned around, worthy flier.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him... Interesting.

Perhaps we can snatch up that Clemson OT in the supplemental and the o-line will be pretty set.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moffitt is nothing to be excited about. Seattle drafted him and he is one of the reason's Seattle has a rep for a low performing OL. Essentially garbage.
If he makes your team it will be a sad statement about the condition of your OL.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moffitt is nothing to be excited about. Seattle drafted him and he is one of the reason's Seattle has a rep for a low performing OL. Essentially garbage.
If he makes your team it will be a sad statement about the condition of your OL.

Most likely...or a good statement about the hard work Moffitt has put in over the last two years. Your probably right, put it does annoy me when people assume that the past is always the best representation of the future. Players do change their lives and their game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Moffitt coming out. A short playground QB will make most Oline's look awkward.

Good guy to try out during camp.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Moffitt coming out. A short playground QB will make most Oline's look awkward.

Good guy to try out during camp.
Which short playground QB's are you referring to? At 1st I thought you were talking about Russell Wilson, but in College he played at Wisconsin and their OL was anything but awkward.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely...or a good statement about the hard work Moffitt has put in over the last two years. Your probably right, put it does annoy me when people assume that the past is always the best representation of the future. Players do change their lives and their game.
I will give the Eagles credit for giving the guy a try. I wouldn't get overly excited about it though. I forgot about some of his antics while a Seahawk. Heck, we traded him twice...
Professional career[edit]
Seattle Seahawks[edit]
Moffitt was drafted number 75 overall by theSeattle Seahawksin the2011 NFL Draft. Moffitt started nine games in the 2011 season before being injured in the week-13 game against theBaltimore Ravens.[7]His career took a further downside when hit with a four game suspension for using performance enhancing drugs[8]

Moffitt was traded to the Cleveland Browns on August 19, 2013.[9]On August 20, 2013, the trade was rescinded, reportedly due to Moffitt failing his physical.[10]In an interview with 710 ESPN Seattle, Moffitt claimed that Cleveland wanted him to take less money to play there and when he said he wouldn't do that they told him that they were going to fail his physical.[11]

Denver Broncos[edit]
On August 20, 2013, Moffitt was traded to the Denver Broncos in exchange fordefensive tackleSealver Siliga.[10]

Moffitt retired from the NFL on November 5, 2013. He stated that he was unhappy, and did not want to risk his health for money.[12][13]

Personal life[edit]
During his time with the Seahawks, Moffitt had several run-ins at Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square and the Eastside’s other Kemper Properties, from which Moffitt was banned in early 2012. After the ban, he was arrested June 14, 2012, for allegedly urinating on a parked car near Bellevue Square mall, and was caught trespassing again that August at Lincoln Square’s Paddy Coyne’s bar. Moffitt was more recently charged with drug possession and battery.[14]

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moffitt is nothing to be excited about.

I will give the Eagles credit for giving the guy a try. I wouldn't get overly excited about it though.

You keep saying that like we're in here throwing a party or something. We get it. You don't want us to be excited. Thanks for saving us from what would have surely been an embarrassing day of overly excessive jubilation while celebrating the signing of the great John Moffitt.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he actually is putting his all in to this, he'll be a better eagle than Danny Watkins ever was.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a laugh when fans think it is great news to sign a player from another team who was let go.
My response in post #19 in the Evan Mathis thread on the Seahawk team page...

Guys, wake up.
My guess is this guy is not what you think he is.
Why would Philly cut him instead of trading him for anything, even a 7th? His cap hit is quite small considering some of you think he is worth 8 million.
Ain't gonna happen. We will not pursue this guy unless for camp competition.

Some Seahawk fans were drooling over Mathis and Mathis is >>> Moffitt. So, I am not picking on the Eagles, but while on this subject many of you think Sam B will be your savior. I say no way cuz he does not have the "IT" gene. Seahawk fans are capable of over exuberance as any fan base.

Carry on sirs...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure we'll like Moffitt a lot more ghan Seattle fans will like Cary Williams.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure we'll like Moffitt a lot more ghan Seattle fans will like Cary Williams.
You may be correct on that and in short order we will all soon know.
Seattle is known for it's ability to spot talent at CB and coach it up. The Seahawks brought Maxwell up as a 6th round pick and he became a good one. It was not a surprise to me that he got signed for big $.
CW so far seems to fit the mold that works for us.
Good luck this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which short playground QB's are you referring to? At 1st I thought you were talking about Russell Wilson, but in College he played at Wisconsin and their OL was anything but awkward.

A big meaty big ten Oline can work for anyone. We're talking about the pros here. I mean Moffitt was a beast in college but you gave us his pro career "stats."

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a scrub and this just shows how desperate we are.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big meaty big ten Oline can work for anyone. We're talking about the pros here. I mean Moffitt was a beast in college but you gave us his pro career "stats."
Why would a beast be a 3rd round pick?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a scrub and this just shows how desperate we are.
We see eye to eye on Moffitt, but if the Eagles are that desperate, why cut Mathis? Cap vs health?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moffitt is a talented OL, if he did really get straightened out, he will be better than Mathis was last year. So, it will be an improvement from what we had last year. If not, then it's the "next man up" situation, or Chip gets another candidate from free agents or a trade.