• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Moffitt to sign with Eagles....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he does well. Seems like a very likeable dude, but maybe to much of a free spirit. You'll love his interviews, he could be a stand up comic maybe. Great sense of humor. Wish him well.:suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a beast be a 3rd round pick?

He's a guard and apparently didn't check out all the character concerns. Doesn't change his success as a college Olineman at all.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see eye to eye on Moffitt, but if the Eagles are that desperate, why cut Mathis? Cap vs health?

The Eagles did not cut Mathis due to performance, or because they had someone better waiting in the wings. He was cut because he has been clamoring for more money for several years and it sounds like he became a cancer. The remarks from teammates about him were very telling. He wore out his welcome in Philly.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he had to do was to enjoy $5M/year - for an older Guard at the end of his career. He regressed some last year, and was lucky to get his job back when he returned from injury. Peters spoke volumes about Barbre being better. Hopefully Moffitt will stabilize the RG position, and we'll be solid on the O-line this year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Barbre is better, for the record. I think there will be a dropoff. At a minimum, it is a question mark right now since Barbre has not played there.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles did not cut Mathis due to performance, or because they had someone better waiting in the wings. He was cut because he has been clamoring for more money for several years and it sounds like he became a cancer. The remarks from teammates about him were very telling. He wore out his welcome in Philly.

Understood. Some of these prima donna's are a joke. Our own Michael Bennett signs a 4 year contract last year and is now whining.:L

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Barbre is better, for the record. I think there will be a dropoff. At a minimum, it is a question mark right now since Barbre has not played there.

OK. You're on the record. Peters himself said that Barbre is better. I doubt he says things he won't back up. Time will tell. In the meantime, I root for Barbre to make us forget Mathis.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barbre is a stronger blocker. He held his own at left tackle for a while. I see no reason why he can't play guard. I only question his ability to move laterally. But the birds control what plays they call and I suspect we will see more of a power run game this year.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Barbre, I think he will be damn good at LG.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moffitt seemed like a good player coming out of college. Whether it's Barbre, Gardner, Tobin, or Moffitt, the Birds are looking to get someone as good as Mathis and Herremans.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting thing I read was Peters and Mathis were both individually good but there styles dont mesh. Peters likes to step back on the snap and Mathis likes to surge which leaves a gap between the LT/LG. Tra Thomas was saying even though Mathis might be better individually, Barbres style will work better with Peters. Interesting tid bit or complete crap... we shall see.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't end up missing Cole Manhart...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Lawlor really liked Manhart. Hopefully he'll be considered later on in TC, unless he signs with another team.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely...or a good statement about the hard work Moffitt has put in over the last two years. Your probably right, put it does annoy me when people assume that the past is always the best representation of the future. Players do change their lives and their game.

so you ignore past performance? you must get annoyed a lot, because that's the way the world works.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you ignore past performance? you must get annoyed a lot, because that's the way the world works.

Again, most of the time your right. Then there are the rare individuals that learn from the past and become better with time. If this was a high dollar signing, I would be against it. As a vet min contract. Why not take the gamble? And what are you gambling really? Do you think that the league is looking to scoop up Cole Manhart now that he has been released from the Eagles roster?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting thing I read was Peters and Mathis were both individually good but there styles dont mesh. Peters likes to step back on the snap and Mathis likes to surge which leaves a gap between the LT/LG. Tra Thomas was saying even though Mathis might be better individually, Barbres style will work better with Peters. Interesting tid bit or complete crap... we shall see.

I've read that attacking is actually better, even for pass protection, because the point of contact advances and actually gives the QB more time. That said, you can't have guys doing opposite things that open up lanes. That is a feast for blitzing inside LBers or pulling DL's.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Tommy Lawlor???

I'm not sure if you're kidding, or you don't put any stock into Lawlor. Assuming you are sincere, Lawlor is the author of IGGLES BLITZ, but I guess you just think he isn't knowledgeable. He also contributes to the Eagles home website. At any rate, he is very knowledgeable even though he isn't a scout for the Eagles. Anyway, it is just a comment. Whatever. Have a great day.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you're kidding, or you don't put any stock into Lawlor. Assuming you are sincere, Lawlor is the author of IGGLES BLITZ, but I guess you just think he isn't knowledgeable. He also contributes to the Eagles home website. At any rate, he is very knowledgeable even though he isn't a scout for the Eagles. Anyway, it is just a comment. Whatever. Have a great day.

I used to like his scoutsnotebook site, but he didn't keep it up. Watches a lot of college tape.