• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway should go

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he wouldnt of made the move to get manning.

but the rest of the bullet points listed, are they really good moves? look where they are?
obviously the manning move got them a SB, full credit to him there. BUt otherwise........

Kubiak was, he delivered the SB win.

If Colbert didn't have Ben, do you think PIT would fare much better? It's a QB league...we know that. Did he reach on Keenum? IMO yes, but he had to try and it wasn't some massive over payment.

I get your point on whether they were all good moves or not, but my point is he made somewhat bold moves that in his mind would improve the team. Aside from Ladarius Green, I'm struggling with the last bold move Colbert has made to improve the Steelers.

A lot like the Steeler DEF schemes...come FA time and the draft, Colbert takes the conservative route year in, and year out. I wouldn't mind a GM willing to take some chances.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak was, he delivered the SB win.

If Colbert didn't have Ben, do you think PIT would fare much better? It's a QB league...we know that. Did he reach on Keenum? IMO yes, but he had to try and it wasn't some massive over payment.

I get your point on whether they were all good moves or not, but my point is he made somewhat bold moves that in his mind would improve the team. Aside from Ladarius Green, I'm struggling with the last bold move Colbert has made to improve the Steelers.

A lot like the Steeler DEF schemes...come FA time and the draft, Colbert takes the conservative route year in, and year out. I wouldn't mind a GM willing to take some chances.
Can’t disagree

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead, enjoy. Living in the past is your lot in life at this point.
Get rid of Elway and you might have a future. Peace.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thought one of the most overrated QBs in history wouldn't be any good at evaluating QBs. :think:
lol, i mean hes been bad. he got peyton i;ll give him that, his aggression there got them a superbowl.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
lol, i mean hes been bad. he got peyton i;ll give him that, his aggression there got them a superbowl.

Gotta give him credit for putting together a friggn' NASTY defense. But I don't know what he was thinking with his QB moves.

...Outside of Peyton, of course. But that didn't exactly take acumen. The only reason the Broncos got him is because Jim Harbaugh was a dick to Peyton when he visited the 49ers; otherwise the Niners would've waltzed their way to multiple SB victories. Peyton instead of Kaeptard. :tsk: :mad2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give him credit for putting together a friggn' NASTY defense. But I don't know what he was thinking with his QB moves.

...Outside of Peyton, of course. But that didn't exactly take acumen. The only reason the Broncos got him is because Jim Harbaugh was a dick to Peyton when he visited the 49ers; otherwise the Niners would've waltzed their way to multiple SB victories. Peyton instead of Kaeptard. :tsk: :mad2:
yep, agree.
Alot of his move post peyton have been awful. He lucked into lindsay........certainly didnt hit on freeman

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Peyton move buys him 10 years. As long as there is some sort of competitiveness out of the team.

So Elway isnt going anywhere.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 is his last season under contract. It is backloaded, though, so he may be a trade target if we haven't turned it around in the next year or two.

Wow, that is a long ways off.

Whatcha gonna do?