• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year didn't help Rice.

That's because he was already old by NFL running back standards. If teams thought he could still play, he'd be playing.

If Mixon stays at OU 1 more year, when he enters the next draft, this will be brought up, but not with anything near the intensity that it will if he is in this years draft. Plus, he will have had a year of being a good citizen, which will help make it look like the isolated incident it hopefully is.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a college football player break 4 bones in a woman's face and stay on the team? I mean, I get it if it's SEC as they have zero rules, but I would think Stoops would have kicked him off.

That's very disappointing.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a college football player break 4 bones in a woman's face and stay on the team? I mean, I get it if it's SEC as they have zero rules, but I would think Stoops would have kicked him off.

Well Stoops has seen the video. He seen her assualt him first. He hit her one time. Pretty hard right hook. For his actions he sat a full year. Regardless of how you feel about retaliation after being assaulted Stoops felt a year suspension would do him good cause it was a drugged up chick, she has prior for drug possession. Joe wasn't drunk, just turned 18 years old and was assaulted and retaliated. So yeah.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Stoops has seen the video. He seen her assualt him first. He hit her one time. Pretty hard right hook. For his actions he sat a full year. Regardless of how you feel about retaliation after being assaulted Stoops felt a year suspension would do him good cause it was a drugged up chick, she has prior for drug possession. Joe wasn't drunk, just turned 18 years old and was assaulted and retaliated. So yeah.

While I would have made it permanent, I am comforted to know he was kicked off for a year. I've always liked Stoops as a coach..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does an individual with an existing rap sheet call someone a ni99er, instigate a physical altercation by assaulting an individual, first by spitting on them and pushing them, then by hauling off and slapping the piss out of them and receive zero charges, and zero punishment from the school?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does an individual with an existing rap sheet call someone a ni99er, instigate a physical altercation by assaulting an individual, first by spitting on them and pushing them, then by hauling off and slapping the piss out of them and receive zero charges, and zero punishment from the school?
PC bullshit?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC bullshit?

Exactly. I don't want to hear one word about Mixon got off easy when this chick received ZERO formal punishment. And don't give me the "having her face broken was punishment enough" bullshit. That's called karma. Don't start none, won't be none.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have hit her. But it doesn't sound like he just hauled off and punched her for no reason or that he's a guy who batters girlfriends, etc.

All things considered, a whole year might have been a little harsh and I say that as someone who believes in the harshest possible punishment for men who hit women.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have hit her. But it doesn't sound like he just hauled off and punched her for no reason or that he's a guy who batters girlfriends, etc.

All things considered, a whole year might have been a little harsh and I say that as someone who believes in the harshest possible punishment for men who hit women.

All things considered, I think it was about right. Especially with the landscape being what it was at the time.

As for whether he should stay or leave, I think that only his attorney has enough information to answer that. I hope he stays, but wish him luck if he goes.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well only blind haters can't see that Bob did the right thing, as right as he could.

If he were to have kicked Joe out, Joe would have easily and quickly picked up an offer from some other school with little to NO repercussions for his actions.

I don't believe in hitting women either....but if that chick had done that to me she would AT THE VERY LEAST be pushed on her ass about 15 feet away from me.

I used to run with a rough crowd back in the day. One night a couple of lady friends of mine wanted to hang out. They were broke so I sprung for our drinks, etc as long as they drove me around in their car...didn't want a DUI. When they dropped me off they said they wanted some money for gas, I told them to get bent...I had just dropped over a hundy on drinks. Got out of the car and went into my apartment. A minute later my drunk lady friends are banging on my door wanting some cash. I open the door to tell them politely to fuck off and one of them TRIES TO KICK ME IN THE PILLS STRIKING ME IN THE UPPER THIGH. Bitch found herself against the wall by the throat with my stroker poised to invade her suckhole. But I didn't want to go to jail for hitting a woman so I pushed her and her similarly lushy friend out of my breezeway.

They commenced to trashing my 280Z as it sat in the parking lot.

Drunk bitches.... :L

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine , redacted! :happy:I've just been stuck at Baylor hospital for a week with my father regressing so I'm just a little on edge. :suds:

Sorry to hear that. If it's Baylor in Dallas, I was there for three months once.

Best wishes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63GXyWp.png

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is as if OU fans already saw the video.

If it happened as you are saying it did -- Mixon would be begging them to release the video, as it'd vindicate his actions. Also, if she hit him and spit on him unprovoked, she has absolutely no chance in a civil case.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is as if OU fans already saw the video.

If it happened as you are saying it did -- Mixon would be begging them to release the video, as it'd vindicate his actions. Also, if she hit him and spit on him unprovoked, she has absolutely no chance in a civil case.

What's on the video is documented. Not all outlets actually discuss everything that's on the video. Additionally, I have spoken to two people who have personally seen the video. And since you haven't been paying attention... it's Molitor's attorney asking that the video be suppressed. Btw, two of her three charges she has brought in civil court have already been tossed out.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's on the video is documented. Not all outlets actually discuss everything that's on the video. Additionally, I have spoken to two people who have personally seen the video. And since you haven't been paying attention... it's Molitor's attorney asking that the video be suppressed. Btw, two of her three charges she has brought in civil court have already been tossed out.

Molitor's attorney are asking for it to be suppressed for one reason and one reason only -- they know if it gets out, his draft stock will plummet. If she had no civil case -- it wouldn't matter one bit to her if it were released.

This is why I think what actually happened on the video is different from the version you have given. If he were spit on, called the n-word and then hit by her and only then did he hit her. He shouldn't have even been suspended by the football team, as she instigated everything AND he never would have been charged with assault if it happened like you say.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Molitor's attorney are asking for it to be suppressed for one reason and one reason only -- they know if it gets out, his draft stock will plummet. If she had no civil case -- it wouldn't matter one bit to her if it were released.

This is why I think what actually happened on the video is different from the version you have given. If he were spit on, called the n-word and then hit by her and only then did he hit her. He shouldn't have even been suspended by the football team, as she instigated everything AND he never would have been charged with assault if it happened like you say.
Honestly we don't really give a fuck if you have a problem with this. :happy:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attorneys for Amelia Molitor asked a judge Thursday to suppress the release of the surveillance video, arguing that the video alone wouldn't tell the full story. Molitor also has pending civil suits against Mixon.

"Unfortunately, if the single video of the punch is released now and to the media, the court of public opinion will receive and review evidence before a jury does. Not only could this undermine the integrity of the ongoing federal civil cases, it would also be an incomplete presentation of evidence," her attorneys said.

Sounds to me like her attorney knows that video doesn't show her to be the angelic victim they want us to believe she was to me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly we don't really give a fuck if you have a problem with this. :happy:
I'm just pointing out. IF it happened as Romeo said -- he wouldn't have been charged with assault, wouldn't have been suspended for a year from the team and no one in their right mind would file a civil suit.