• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimbo to aTm???

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it already December? That is usually when the Jimbo rumors start.

I saw this awhile ago. Jimbo has won 2 more games than Sumlin over the last 3 years

yeah, but I also saw that Sumlin has 51 wins while at A&M and in those 51 wins, 14 came against mid majors and 7 came against FCS teams.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin vs SEC West
16-20
8-16 since Johnny Clipboard left.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but I also saw that Sumlin has 51 wins while at A&M and in those 51 wins, 14 came against mid majors and 7 came against FCS teams.

I'll take the 51 wins over 39 in the same time span.

Oh, and of those 39 wins 12 are against the likes of Kansas(5), Wyoming, New Mexico, North Texas, New Mexico state, Rice, UTEP, and San Jose State.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Sumlin did a good job this year. I didn't think they would win 8 games. They had a lot of holes

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Sumlin did a good job this year. I didn't think they would win 8 games. They had a lot of holes

Agreed. I think Sumlin should have received at least one more year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this. On one side, Jimbo's been a bit stubborn the past 2-3 years and the team hasn't been well coached. Other side is he's a great recruiter.. But so was Ron Zook.

Depends who they replace him with. I'd take a young, up & comer and wouldn't be super pissed if Jimbo walks.

But my gut tells me he's taken heat this year and this is his way of hitting back to get some attention/leverage and he stays. FSU is in a hot bed of recruits. South Florida, Alabama alone are loaded. If he goes to Texas, he's not going to get all those south FL studs to go to College Station

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he wouldn't have had the the uninspired bowl game last year against KSU, the UCLA meltdown, and the team would have showed some signs of life and competitiveness I would have been ok with giving him one more year. However, we have seen how this all plays out. It was time for him to go.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree, thought there was a time this year where he had saved his job for at least another year. I expected the team to implode after the UCLA game, but they held it together impressively imo.

As far as Fisher is concerned, it would be a step down from a program standpoint, but A&M could really be built up I think if everything breaks right. I'm really expecting him to jump

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wouldn't have had the the uninspired bowl game last year against KSU, the UCLA meltdown, and the team would have showed some signs of life and competitiveness I would have been ok with giving him one more year. However, we have seen how this all plays out. It was time for him to go.
Goes back further than that. I bet Woodward was making calls last year the day after we fell flat against Miss State and dropped out of the Top 4. Another 1-3 November and a shitty bowl game performance sealed it. Finishing unranked with a bowl loss two straight years after being top 10...this year was a wash. 9 wins probably wouldn’t have saved him.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes back further than that. I bet Woodward was making calls last year the day after we fell flat against Miss State and dropped out of the Top 4. Another 1-3 November and a shitty bowl game performance sealed it. Finishing unranked with a bowl loss two straight years after being top 10...this year was a wash. 9 wins probably wouldn’t have saved him.

You're probably right.
I know I was pissed when they went 0-for-Mississippi (again) and outside of Trevor Knight, no one seemed to give a flying fuck in the bowl game. Last years team quit when Bama returned the fumble to put the game out of reach. I was ready for a change last year.
If he could have managed 9 wins this year, he could have at least claimed to have righted the ship and were trending up with the youth.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would Jimbo wanna leave FSU for AggieNation?
B/C he wants or is interested in going back to the SEC and Florida St doesn't have the facilities or really the deep pockets that A&M'has and plus he is friends or has a good working relationship with A&M's AD Scott Woodward going back when he was an assistant with Saban at LSU. Also I believe his son is seeking treatment for his rare anemia in Houston right now.