• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Boehiem calls Derek Rose 'most impressive player'

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,393.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose continued to open eyes Tuesday in Team USA's training camp as he makes his way back from the torn meniscus in his right knee that cost him all but 10 games of the past season.

Rose, who has played in just 49 games over the past three seasons because of various injuries, including two severe knee injuries, earned praise from all corners of the Mendenhall Center on UNLV's campus.

"That's my biggest surprise coming in here," Syracuse coach and Team USA assistant Jim Boeheim told ESPNChicago.com, in reference to Rose's performance. "The one thing I was worried about is whether he would be able to step in after so much time [off]. He looks, to me, as good as when we had him in the world championship in '10, when he was at full strength coming [into] an MVP year. He looks very, very good. Obviously, [when] he gets in some games, it will be a little different, but it's not like he hasn't had success in games. He had a lot of success.

"He's been the most impressive guy here."

In just two days, Rose seems to have reminded the basketball world just how talented he can be when he's healthy.

Source: ESPN Chicago

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be injured again before the all-star break.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good guy.. He doesn't go out there trash talking, he just goes out there and play hard every game. I hope he can stay healthy but we seen this before with other athletes. Most likely he will get hurt again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose continued to open eyes Tuesday in Team USA's training camp as he makes his way back from the torn meniscus in his right knee that cost him all but 10 games of the past season.

Rose, who has played in just 49 games over the past three seasons because of various injuries, including two severe knee injuries, earned praise from all corners of the Mendenhall Center on UNLV's campus.

"That's my biggest surprise coming in here," Syracuse coach and Team USA assistant Jim Boeheim told ESPNChicago.com, in reference to Rose's performance. "The one thing I was worried about is whether he would be able to step in after so much time [off]. He looks, to me, as good as when we had him in the world championship in '10, when he was at full strength coming [into] an MVP year. He looks very, very good. Obviously, [when] he gets in some games, it will be a little different, but it's not like he hasn't had success in games. He had a lot of success.

"He's been the most impressive guy here."

In just two days, Rose seems to have reminded the basketball world just how talented he can be when he's healthy.

Source: ESPN Chicago

What the hell has he been smoking anyway - I might want some:lol:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,393.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glade Rose is back from his injury playing well. I hope he keeps it up. I like watching him

Cobra Kai

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he's injured again. Unfortunately.