• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jerry the king is off of broadcasting

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....i guess i won't be watching the WWE anymore

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawler has been doing the same act since 1992 and it's gotten beyond stale. He no longer fits with what direction they want to take the company in as evident by them pushing people like Corey Graves hard.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawler has been doing the same act since 1992 and it's gotten beyond stale. He no longer fits with what direction they want to take the company in as evident by them pushing people like Corey Graves hard.

Agreed somewhat but Michael Cole is just as shitty with act and should be off television. The whole point of announcers is to add excitement into boring parts of matches which he done of in his JR wannabe role or when he tried playing Jerry's old role of the heel announcer. It's hard to take JBL seriously since I watched him on business channels all the time but he does a quality job IMO.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Cole has never really been a JR "wannabe". His broadcasting style is way different than Ross'. Ross got his start in Mid-South in the mid-1970s with Bill Watts, and is somewhat of a pro wrestling traditionalist. Ross was a well known announcer through his time with Watts and WCW, before he ever signed with the WWF.

Cole is exactly what Vince McMahon wants. He's a New Yorker, and the WWE/Sports Entertainment style is the only professional wrestling genre he is familiar with.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cole was a professional broadcaster outside of wrestling and sports prior to working with the WWF/E. He's perfectly suited to be Vince's sports entertainment mouthpiece. I realize that sounds like a left-handed compliment but there is a skill to hearing McMahons vision and bringing it to the broadcast. He sounds like a talkshow host when needed but can accentuate the rate moments Vince wants to put a particular wrestler or performance over.

I think Mauro's mainstream sports cred gave him enough pull to work the B show and call it like JR as a sporting event and a shoot. With more emphasis on SD I hope he can keep the same style without have interference
Kings a legend but at his age and with his health issues I can see why they phased him out of live broadcasting. He should still have a significant role on the network

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Cole has never really been a JR "wannabe". His broadcasting style is way different than Ross'. Ross got his start in Mid-South in the mid-1970s with Bill Watts, and is somewhat of a pro wrestling traditionalist. Ross was a well known announcer through his time with Watts and WCW, before he ever signed with the WWF.

Cole is exactly what Vince McMahon wants. He's a New Yorker, and the WWE/Sports Entertainment style is the only professional wrestling genre he is familiar with.

I don't know, since he turned backed to the good guy broadcaster he seems to be acting just like JR did with the King with JBL. Sure he doesn't have the twang in his voice that JR does but Cole sucks and comes off as a douchebag when fans yell at him. He was laughing his ass off when Byron was taking heat then security got called when some goober kept trying to get on tv

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking about commentary, Vince's commentary used to crack me up.

"whatamaneuver!!!" The man changed the entire wrestling industry, yet it really appeared that he had no idea what the name of many prominent wrestling holds or moves were.

Announcer Vince McMahon to the heel Mr. McMahon is one of the biggest transformations in wrestling history. It is quite amazing when you look back on it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vince was such a ridiculous, over the top hype man. When I was a kid I had no idea he owned the company. Even when he was on commentary he was more of a promoter than a play by play guy.

One of the things that made the evil Mr McMahon character so great is it was such a slow burn. In 96-97 they were more and more open that he was the owner and he just subtly became more of an asshole. Then by 98 when they ran the Austin angle it was perfect

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawler going from dissing McMahon every week when they worked on commentary to kissing his ass after the Mr. McMahon heel turn, was also quite amazing.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I wished about McMahon was when he did his every week stuff with Austin was once Austin beat him he should've taken a step back and only everyone once in awhile make an appearance. I think the Lashley angle would've worked a ton better had Vince only been seen a month or so in advance with doing the angle with Trump not seemingly desperately trying to have him involved with making the next big thing.