• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry is getting killed in the media

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE it!!

Even Darren Woodson, a guy I always pegged for a Jerry fan, was piling on. JJ is getting it from all angles right now. I doubt any of this will change how the team is ultimately run, but I'm glad to see it.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should. The uniform and star on the helmet has been severely tarnished.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not going to get better for this team,especially the defense. Hatcher and spencer will be gone. Ware for all his past greatness is only a shell of his former self and very prone to injury. Cowboys need to draft DL heavy and I think we all know that he will take at least one skill position players in the 1st 3 rounds. Jerrah will also more than likely use the 2nd round pick on an injured player who never sees the field. The future of this team points to mediocrity or even worse.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fans everywhere should be happy to see jerry getting drilled continuously by the media. Won't do much over the short term but jerry has always been all about his image thus the more the better. It's a disservice to Al Davis for Al was once upon a time a super football mind.....jerry has always been about the exposure of jerry. The more jerry the NFL butt jokes the better.....over time

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fans everywhere should be happy to see jerry getting drilled continuously by the media. Won't do much over the short term but jerry has always been all about his image thus the more the better. It's a disservice to Al Davis for Al was once upon a time a super football mind.....jerry has always been about the exposure of jerry. The more jerry the NFL butt jokes the better.....over time

I'm glad you said that because I have read a couple Al Davis references in the last week or so that made me realize some don't know or don't remember his history. Al Davis was a visionary. He was not the guy that we remember from his last 5 years in the league for his whole career. Unlike Jerry, Al Davis WAS a Football guy.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you said that because I have read a couple Al Davis references in the last week or so that made me realize some don't know or don't remember his history. Al Davis was a visionary. He was not the guy that we remember from his last 5 years in the league for his whole career. Unlike Jerry, Al Davis WAS a Football guy.

Yep Al was a football genius back in the day the last 10 years of his managing the Raiders was pretty bad but before that AL was Pretty good with his Raider teams. They had an attitude and swagger like that of their owner Brash with a "I don't give a Shit what you think were going to have our way with you on the field and laugh about it in the locker room" mentality.

Unlike Al Jerry is a marketing genius trying to be a football guy. Jerry is brilliant on that side of the business. Hopefully Someday he will stay on that side.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it.

Maybe him getting his butt kicked enough will force him to give up some control. Would love to see a true GM come in and clean house top to bottom. Anythng of value gets shipped out. Ware, Witten, Romo...if you are over 27 years old you are shopped. Yeah, it will destroy the team but 8-8 isn't going to get us anywhere. Gonna need a 4-12 year with tons of picks in our pockets. Gonna take a big cap hit as well, but get it all done as quickly as you can.

This team needs an enema. Not saying we can't compete for the East and a playoff shot, but we aren't a feared team or have many chances to make deep runs. East titles are great for Philly, but Dallas expects NFL titles.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agree....Jerrah is like a drunk Al Davis....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jerry is getting killed in the media"

What took them so long?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most are intelligent enough to realize the reference is to the later al Davis, though. He earned the comparisons by staying far past when he was capable of doing so.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most are intelligent enough to realize the reference is to the later al Davis, though. He earned the comparisons by staying far past when he was capable of doing so.

Jerry could have been remembered as the greatest owner in NFL history instead of a total buffoon. I heard an Idiot named Collin Cowturd on ESPN Radio the other day talking about how the ''Super Bowl winning'' organizations like New England and Baltimore do it ''right'' and the Cowboys are clueless. Jones doesn't even get credit for the 3 rings he has. The sad part is, Jerry could have retained the damn GM title if he wanted, if he had just hired a Jimmy or Bill type to replace those two, he might have 7 or 8 rings now. As crazy as that sounds, I totally believe it

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter. What matters is you cowboy fans need to stop going to the games and stop buying merchandise. Jerry just laughs at the media coverage. Good or bad. Laughing all he way to the bank. They are America's team because of the money they make off you.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most are intelligent enough to realize the reference is to the later al Davis, though. He earned the comparisons by staying far past when he was capable of doing so.[/QUOTE]

but that's the national thought process driven by the media and bass ass backwards too....
the fact is jerry fucked up, couldn't stay in the back seat, saw and even told Jimmy after the first SB at the Rose Bowl that nobody really cares about who owns the team. Jimmy said as much in his interviews for the "Football Life" story they did on Jimmy two years ago. Jerry was NEVER what Al Davis was to Pro Football when it comes to the product ON THE field. Jerry wanted the lime light....wanted people to know who the fuck he was and it's cost the greatest pro football francise it's greatness. Dallas is a side show now. Think about it....all these years of nothing and Dallas still rates at or near the top in all time SB appearance's, SB wins, playoff wins, playoff winning percentages and what has it been....17/18 years of nothing?

yes sir....everyone now knows who the fuck Jerry Jones is and he is nothing like Al Davis, and that comparison on any level remains a real disservice to Al.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most are intelligent enough to realize the reference is to the later al Davis, though. He earned the comparisons by staying far past when he was capable of doing so.[/QUOTE]

but that's the national thought process driven by the media and bass ass backwards too....
the fact is jerry fucked up, couldn't stay in the back seat, saw and even told Jimmy after the first SB at the Rose Bowl that nobody really cares about who owns the team. Jimmy said as much in his interviews for the "Football Life" story they did on Jimmy two years ago. Jerry was NEVER what Al Davis was to Pro Football when it comes to the product ON THE field. Jerry wanted the lime light....wanted people to know who the fuck he was and it's cost the greatest pro football francise it's greatness. Dallas is a side show now. Think about it....all these years of nothing and Dallas still rates at or near the top in all time SB appearance's, SB wins, playoff wins, playoff winning percentages and what has it been....17/18 years of nothing?

yes sir....everyone now knows who the fuck Jerry Jones is and he is nothing like Al Davis, and that comparison on any level remains a real disservice to Al.

There is no comparison ..it's true. But let's not just gloss over the dark side of Al Davis.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison ..it's true. But let's not just gloss over the dark side of Al Davis.

and I assume YOU think that's whats being done here?

substance my man, NFL substance and not the kind for marketing a brand and building the worlds greatest stadium. No one is glossing over the KNOWN last 10 years of the OLD Al Davis. Perhaps read the thread again, the point is no comparison when one guy never had IT to begin with

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The comparison isn't to the early al Davis that was a huge impact on the NFL. It's to the guy who insiste on micromanaging terrible personnel decision after terrible personnel decision and turned the raiders into the joke of the NFL.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison isn't to the early al Davis that was a huge impact on the NFL. It's to the guy who insiste on micromanaging terrible personnel decision after terrible personnel decision and turned the raiders into the joke of the NFL.

and besides hiring jimmy, getting lucky with bill, what has jerry done to make him anything ever worthy of any comparison to Al Davis besides age? Jerry was NFL stupid at age 50.
sorry.....I don't see the comparison. Jerry compares better to Bud Adams