• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Brewer article and more

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky may/may not be falling but that doesn't change the likely outcome posited in the following tweet.

I'm rooting for Griffin to change the narrative. I don't hate the guy. I think he's had some awfully difficult injuries and situations to overcome. I also think he bears a lot of responsibility for much of his troubles in terms of perception.

I'm rooting for the skins as a team like I do every year. I am just resigned that again, it will be all about the QB, until he's most likely gone.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the article by Brewer. I think he was spot on. Dan has made a tremendous mess out of this organization. The only guy that has won under him was Gibbs and he could only win 2 out of the 4 years he was here. That in itself tells you how good Gibbs is/was.

I know from experience and from a few friends who either did work for Dan or have worked for the Redskins organization that the things you hear are SOP for Snyder. I'd love to think SM will be allowed to take the reins build the organization but I wouldn't put $10 on that happening. Supposedly things were better this year but look at the level of dysfunction going on already. Interference with the QB, mystery concussions, OL not liking the QB. I am not saying they are all true but that is NOT happening in NE or Green Bay.

Read Mike Phillips article from a few days ago in the Richmond Times-Dispatch about training camp there and Bruce Allen's phone call to Richmond. You just have to wonder what these people are thinking.

How did things work out between Dan and Tom Cruise, how about Dan and the amusement park? Is there a theme here? I think so. :L

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This about sums up the Griffin fatigue IMO. For the record, I'm NOT giving Griffin a pass for his play on the field.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the article by Brewer. I think he was spot on. Dan has made a tremendous mess out of this organization. The only guy that has won under him was Gibbs and he could only win 2 out of the 4 years he was here. That in itself tells you how good Gibbs is/was.

I know from experience and from a few friends who either did work for Dan or have worked for the Redskins organization that the things you hear are SOP for Snyder. I'd love to think SM will be allowed to take the reins build the organization but I wouldn't put $10 on that happening. Supposedly things were better this year but look at the level of dysfunction going on already. Interference with the QB, mystery concussions, OL not liking the QB. I am not saying they are all true but that is NOT happening in NE or Green Bay.

Read Mike Phillips article from a few days ago in the Richmond Times-Dispatch about training camp there and Bruce Allen's phone call to Richmond. You just have to wonder what these people are thinking.

How did things work out between Dan and Tom Cruise, how about Dan and the amusement park? Is there a theme here? I think so. :L

I understand the frustration & lack of trust in everyone. However - I would just advise to see what happens as the season unfolds. If it is still a complete mess then I am with you all the way. However - some things may go well & let's say RG3 fails - well the test will be in how the organization responds. If they keep throwing him out there & it is business as usual I will also pretty much agree with you.

Again - it might unfold in a completely different fashion. The entire year will be a great test for SM & if he truly has the power (which I believe that he does -at least for now). I just would not get too worked up over some preseason games & reporters who have pretty much made it a mission to go after the Redskins (granted they fuel the fire) & pretty much never report anything positive about this team (not that they deserve it that much).

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This about sums up the Griffin fatigue IMO. For the record, I'm NOT giving Griffin a pass for his play on the field.

You don't need to in any case. I just hope that all fans are pulling for RG3, Cousins or whoever is behind center in week 1. It will be nice to watch some real football & not simply talk about all of this silly drama. Twitter is such crap in this respect - some of these folks believe that their comments are more important than the actual game.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to in any case. I just hope that all fans are pulling for RG3, Cousins or whoever is behind center in week 1. It will be nice to watch some real football & not simply talk about all of this silly drama. Twitter is such crap in this respect - some of these folks believe that their comments are more important than the actual game.
I root for the team. And for whichever QB is out there. That will never change.

And Twitter is like any other news outlet. Good and bad. You read the info and decide for yourself.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for the team. And for whichever QB is out there. That will never change.

And Twitter is like any other news outlet. Good and bad. You read the info and decide for yourself.

No - I knew that you feel that way. As for your last paragraph - overall true, but we live in an era where way too much is emphasized for things that occur off the field/court/diamond/etc rather than the actual play of teams and players. Thank God football starts in a few weeks!

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the article by Brewer. I think he was game on. Dan has made a tremendous mess out of this organization. The only guy that has won under him was Gibbs and he could only win 2 out of the 4 years he was here. That in itself tells you how good Gibbs is/was.

Snyder once did business with my Dad's security company. From what his employees told him, all the rumours of him, and then some, are true. Snyder treated people who he perceived as below him with total disregard. And from what my dad saw himself, going by how he talked to people, he seemed inclined to agree.

The only good thing from the deal my dad got,
besides the fat contract, was going to every home game for free that season. Keep in mind this was when Snyder first got the team. Perhaps age humility have tempered his austereness?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone can disagree with that article. Welcome to the circus Jerry, your job won't be boring.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder once did business with my Dad's security company. From what his employees told him, all the rumours of him, and then some, are true. Snyder treated people who he perceived as below him with total disregard. And from what my dad saw himself, going by how he talked to people, he seemed inclined to agree.

The only good thing from the deal my dad got,
besides the fat contract, was going to every home game for free that season. Keep in mind this was when Snyder first got the team. Perhaps age humility have tempered his austereness?

Believe it or not this matters to me. Jack Kent Cooke was an A-hole but not to this degree. It really bugs me that I am supporting a team owned by such a bad guy. The only silver lining is the losses bother him much more than they do me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I worked for a company that did work for his Snyders Communication company and he tried to duck paying a couple of bills by making claims that weren't true, a close friend was a salesman who Dan and his wife took advantage of and wouldn't live up to their end of a bargain. I have several friends who do or did work for him. My brother used to work for him, he really hated Vinny but didn't like Dan either. I know is he we here he is. Funny a group of us were together a couple of weeks ago talking about this.

Your statement that JKC was a A-hole also is true from what I have heard. The difference is in how they ran their teams. In the end that is what I care about. If either wanted to be an A-hole that is fine. My brother didn't like it so he left and anyone else he employs can do the same thing. Supposedly he is should want to provide a good product on the field to attract fans to buy tickets and spend money. The thing is they are more or less guaranteed the profits so if he wants to put out crap it isn't costing him any money. What recourse do we have? I keep telling myself to go root for another team but after 50+ years that just isn't going to happen.