• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Kelce

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that he is going out like this, but I am happy that he got to win a ring an go to two Super Bowls as a player before calling it quits.

Kelce is clearly a HOF center. His athleticism set him apart from most ever to play the position. There are numerous examples but his ability to get out on the edge and down the field as a blocker was different. He could run as fast as most linebackers. It was insane at times what he could do on the second level.

68wEEL.gif

He was still totally effective this season, but I think the game has taken a toll on him physically as an undersized player, and he is probably smart to hang it up now.

I also think Travis is going to retire after this season.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that he is going out like this, but I am happy that he got to win a ring an go to two Super Bowls as a player before calling it quits.

Kelce is clearly a HOF center. His athleticism set him apart from most ever to play the position. There are numerous examples but his ability to get out on the edge and down the field as a blocker was different. He could run as fast as most linebackers. It was insane at times what he could do on the second level.

68wEEL.gif

He was still totally effective this season, but I think the game has taken a toll on him physically as an undersized player, and he is probably smart to hang it up now.

I also think Travis is going to retire after this season.

How many NFL centers make it to their mid 30's? He's been dynamic for his career too. I might argue he could be the GOAT of centers in NFL history (although I've never really looked into it).

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL centers make it to their mid 30's? He's been dynamic for his career too. I might argue he could be the GOAT of centers in NFL history (although I've never really looked into it).
Mike Webster holds that honor IMO but Kelce was awesome

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he went from play until the wheels fall off to just finishing the contract and retiring when things got serious with Swift. He has been inconsistent on the topic though, so I won’t entirely dismiss the possibility this year.
I often measure an NFL's longevity by how much I see them in the media. You will often see rookies do some things, but it feels like the serious players push pause on doing too much media/endorsement in their prime years. Then at the end, you start see them milking that cow for all it is worth. Seems like Travis has been everywhere the past 2 years.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often measure an NFL's longevity by how much I see them in the media. You will often see rookies do some things, but it feels like the serious players push pause on doing too much media/endorsement in their prime years. Then at the end, you start see them milking that cow for all it is worth. Seems like Travis has been everywhere the past 2 years.
Maybe true of a prior generation. Given how much money is to be made in podcasting these days if you're visible and personable (like the Kelces) is substantial if Pat McAffee is any indication. It's low effort, and it works. Can do both in this era of football, imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL centers make it to their mid 30's? He's been dynamic for his career too. ->I might argue he could be the GOAT of centers in NFL history (although I've never really looked into it).

I spent way too much time at the HOF back in the day. Grew up about 30 minutes from the place.

Mike Webster (9x pro bowler / 5x all pro)

Jim Otto (12x / 10x)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Taylor Swift as their presenter…..
No way in hell she's still around lol. She'll need new material for a few albums in the next 5 years.

I don't think Travis retires yet. He just needs an offseason to get right, starting it with that injury had him off all year IMO.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent way too much time at the HOF back in the day. Grew up about 30 minutes from the place.

Jim Otto (12x / 10x)

Webster was a freak of nature. I remember as a kid thinking he was an old man. He had to have played for 15+ seasons.

I don't know much about Otto though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe true of a prior generation. Given how much money is to be made in podcasting these days if you're visible and personable (like the Kelces) is substantial if Pat McAffee is any indication. It's low effort, and it works. Can do both in this era of football, imo.

I'm talking more of the endorsements/tv commercials. It feels like Kelce is on every 4th commercial now. It seems like the older NFL guys most often do this before retiring. Even Tom started doing more endorsements his last few years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto is the guy who could not walk anymore after playing through so many injuries.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webster was a freak of nature. I remember as a kid thinking he was an old man. He had to have played for 15+ seasons.

I don't know much about Otto though.

Otto's a Raiders legend. But he played a long time ago. 1960-74.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking more of the endorsements/tv commercials. It feels like Kelce is on every 4th commercial now. It seems like the older NFL guys most often do this before retiring. Even Tom started doing more endorsements his last few years.
Those get shot in the offseason. Hard to say he's not focused or whatever. I am doubly not gonna get riled up when one of his big schticks is "get vaccinated."

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those get shot in the offseason. Hard to say he's not focused or whatever. I am doubly not gonna get riled up when one of his big schticks is "get vaccinated."

I understand they are shot in the offseason, but again, you really only see the guys in their prime who are the face of the NFL in those commercials, and older guys wanting one more paycheck (along with rookies). When I say that, I'm thinking recently of Tom Brady, Gronk, Stafford, Kelce, etc. I'm sure I could think of a few more if I really wanted to over the past 5-6 years .It just seems to me, those guys go all out to sell themselves in the last few years of their career.

Seeing Kelce in those State Farm, Direct TV, Vaccine, Bud Light and soup commercials makes me think he is cashing in before retiring. The guy seems like he has a commercial about every break in games. Just my observation.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jim Otto (12x / 10x)
Damn I forgot about Otto your correct he was a great player.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand they are shot in the offseason, but again, you really only see the guys in their prime who are the face of the NFL in those commercials, and older guys wanting one more paycheck (along with rookies). When I say that, I'm thinking recently of Tom Brady, Gronk, Stafford, Kelce, etc. I'm sure I could think of a few more if I really wanted to over the past 5-6 years .It just seems to me, those guys go all out to sell themselves in the last few years of their career.

Seeing Kelce in those State Farm, Direct TV, Vaccine, Bud Light and soup commercials makes me think he is cashing in before retiring. The guy seems like he has a commercial about every break in games. Just my observation.
Let me put it this way: I don't think for one second Mahomes is more focused on endorsements than football, so why should I think that with Kelce? That Kelce sat out week 18 despite. a lot of potential cheap yards and accolades he could've gotten tells me he's pretty committed to the team.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Travis might announce his retirement too at the end of this season. He still has a year or two left on his contract, so maybe he sticks it out, but I imagine he is ready to put that body of his into retirement mode.
Or into Taylor Swift