• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarvis Landry to Browns?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that and at first I was confused, but it makes plenty of business sense. Guy was a first rounder from 2 front offices ago that no longer fit the scheme they were trying to run (plus he was never more than just an "ok" player). He's on the last year of his contract and will be much more expensive than the younger guys they currently have on the roster that are as good or better with their current scheme.

Maybe, just maybe the train is going in the right direction.

Potentially...Landry and Gordon outside, Coleman in the slot, Barkley @ RB, and Njoku/Devalve @ TE...with a solid OL and some decent play from Taylor...things are looking up in CLE.

Making this move with Shelton, you have to think they like their DTs or they intend to replace him in the draft fairly early.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe the train is going in the right direction.

Potentially...Landry and Gordon outside, Coleman in the slot, Barkley @ RB, and Njoku/Devalve @ TE...with a solid OL and some decent play from Taylor...things are looking up in CLE.

Making this move with Shelton, you have to think they like their DTs or they intend to replace him in the draft fairly early.

From what I've heard, they like their current DTs more than Shelton...or at least they provide similar output for a much better value.

Things they still need to address are secondary, RB, QB, WR, and LB.

If I had my choice, I'd want them to go Barkley and Fitzpatrick with their first 2 picks. Depending on how the draft plays out, they might be able to trade up to get Mayfield later in the first round. Just depends on how much they value the guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard, they like their current DTs more than Shelton...or at least they provide similar output for a much better value.

If I had my choice, I'd want them to go Barkley and Fitzpatrick with their first 2 picks. Depending on how the draft plays out, they might be able to trade up to get Mayfield later in the first round. Just depends on how much they value the guy.

Well I think it all depends what they do in FA. They need a CB/S in FA. I have heard reports that the Browns will play Randall at FS, Peppers at SS so they need a CB in FA. Trumaine Johnson would be their best option and they would have to pay him the big bucks. If they can get him they would have Johnson, Mccourty and Boddy-Calhoun.
Drafting Fitzpatrick would be for depth so I think they would go a different direction and go get Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4. If they don’t get Barkley at 1 then they get QB at 1 and who at 4? Maybe like I said Fitzpatrick or possibly Chubb but I don’t see them getting a DE imo.

It makes the most sense they go Barkley at 1 BUT I don’t think Dorsey is going that direction, I think he will wait till early 2nd. I have a feeling they have one QB they really love in this draft, just not sure who it is.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it all depends what they do in FA. They need a CB/S in FA. I have heard reports that the Browns will play Randall at FS, Peppers at SS so they need a CB in FA. Trumaine Johnson would be their best option and they would have to pay him the big bucks. If they can get him they would have Johnson, Mccourty and Boddy-Calhoun.
Drafting Fitzpatrick would be for depth so I think they would go a different direction and go get Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4. If they don’t get Barkley at 1 then they get QB at 1 and who at 4? Maybe like I said Fitzpatrick or possibly Chubb but I don’t see them getting a DE imo.

It makes the most sense they go Barkley at 1 BUT I don’t think Dorsey is going that direction, I think he will wait till early 2nd. I have a feeling they have one QB they really love in this draft, just not sure who it is.

I think Fitzpatrick is a better player and definitely better value than anyone they'll get in FA, but you're right anything's possible and the most likely scenario is they draft a QB with one of their first 2 picks. They're just damned stupid if they don't take Barkley at 1 though. They can get the QB they like (Mayfield) at 4 or later; they can't get Barkley past 1.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barkley, Fitzpatrick would probably be my choices as well. I like the idea of trading back into the 1st for later round QB, but I'm not high on Mayfield at all...clearly it's a me thing, because he's really been a great player in college..I just don't know if his game will translate to the NFL.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley, Fitzpatrick would probably be my choices as well. I like the idea of trading back into the 1st for later round QB, but I'm not high on Mayfield at all...clearly it's a me thing, because he's really been a great player in college..I just don't know if his game will translate to the NFL.

I'm not either, but apparently the Browns front office is. From the way it sounds, he's their guy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting thoughts...I don't think they can afford a top 5 pick will be for depth, so if that's where you see a Fitzpatrick on that DEF, yeah I would go a different direction as well.

I think Joe Thomas is seeing enough positive activity to play it out so there's no need to invest a top 5 pick on OL, aside from Fitz, IDT there is another DB I would consider at 4...If I wanted to wait until later on QB...I'd try to trade down but stay ahead of AZ to land the 3rd QB off the board...probably Josh Allen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not either, but apparently the Browns front office is. From the way it sounds, he's their guy.

Here they go again!

I see a QB that might have some limitations as a pro. But...I could be wrong about him.