• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarvis Landry to Browns?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cheap in terms of the value. It ultimately comes down to money. Miami didn't want to pay Landry franchise tag level, top 10 WR money and the Browns are apparently willing to do so.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4th this year and a 7th next year. Browns upper mg't just made the Fins front office look like a bunch of
dum-a$$es. Wait, we already knew that. So funny for Landry, Miami to Cleveland death sentence.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4th this year and a 7th next year. Browns upper mg't just made the Fins front office look like a bunch of
dum-a$$es. Wait, we already knew that. So funny for Landry, Miami to Cleveland death sentence.
Meh, they got roughly the same value as a comp pick without having to tighten the belt in FA to do so. That's fair value for a team with zero leverage whatsoever.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people don't realize the insane value of draft picks... you're getting high performers super cheap early in their career at the healthiest they'll ever be.

Seattle IMO partly tanked their franchise by giving up 1st rounders for guys like Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, etc. I'll admit I was excited about those guys too, but really it was stupid. Teams that routinely give up draft picks and don't capitalize on trading when the time is right generally fail. Getting a guy super young, generally excited to learn a new playbook is also vastly different from a vet who is used to a style of offense and trying to maximize cash in the next 5 years.

Point being, Landry for a 4th and 7th is fine... had the Browns given up one of their early 2nds I would've given it a C grade. As is, it's a A for the Browns, B for the Phins. They needed to shed the cap, are looking potentially for a new QB, and Landry is never going to be a Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, OBJ type WR.

Dolphins are essentially in Mariners limbo, something I know well. Never going to compete, but not terrible enough to finish last. Time to blow it up if the ownership is smart, which they're not.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they got roughly the same value as a comp pick without having to tighten the belt in FA to do so. That's fair value for a team with zero leverage whatsoever.

I'm not sold on the picks, still think they could have done better,JMO. A seventh round pick is a waste, they should stop draft at end of 5th round IMO, but can't do that because they would lose a TV day.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on the picks, still think they could have done better,JMO. A seventh round pick is a waste, they should stop draft at end of 5th round IMO, but can't do that because they would lose a TV day.
They may have been able to do better (as in a 3rd and a 5th) had they waited a few weeks but there would be opportunity costs associated with dragging this into FA where guys they may want would be gone in the first couple days and even a little before with the tampering that goes on; legal and otherwise. The Dolphins really don't have anyone to blame but themselves for cornering themselves into that cap situation. I thought they did ok to get something for Landry while still keeping what they want to do in FA intact. I would view a 7th as a ST'er and there are plenty of decent ST'ers after the 5th every year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns fans as this offseason has progressed.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

:martini:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that and at first I was confused, but it makes plenty of business sense. Guy was a first rounder from 2 front offices ago that no longer fit the scheme they were trying to run (plus he was never more than just an "ok" player). He's on the last year of his contract and will be much more expensive than the younger guys they currently have on the roster that are as good or better with their current scheme.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cheap in terms of the value. It ultimately comes down to money. Miami didn't want to pay Landry franchise tag level, top 10 WR money and the Browns are apparently willing to do so.

MIA has been trying to buy a team for the last decade...they finally get a home grown star and they can't afford to keep him because of all of their past cap sins.