• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Shields

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was blaming the loss soley on one person. The fact that this thread is still so off topic is ridiculous.

To your point: yes, the Rangers had chances to win after the Young errors. However, it's foolish to ignore the Young errors just because they had a chance to win after. That's not a hard concept to grasp either.

No one is ignoring the impact of an error committed by anyone but some are putting too much emphasis on them. if they impacted the final score or had been the cause of the Rangers losing game 6, i'm sure more of the posters would have been slamming him too but as we actually took a 7-4 lead after the 2nd one most of us realize that their impact was negated by the team's effort and that it was the failure of the pitching staff to hold that lead and that was the ultimate cause of the loss.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"You can't blame Lebron for that missed 3 at the buzzer because Wade missed 2 shots in the 2nd quarter! If he makes them Lebron is never in that position!"

that's how retarded this argument sounds

Who made this argument? I for one did not make the argument that "you can't blame [Lebron ie the bullpen/Cruz/Wash/everyone else/etc at the end of game 6 because MY had 2 errors earlier in the game]. The only comments that could be even remotely tied into your example (would not be viable in the same context) is that I said Young's errors contributed to an early exit from Lewis, which it certainly did, and also that it helped the Cardinals get more at-bats (same as the Andrus throw). And yes the complexion of the game may change one way or another based on those things. That doesn't mean the the guys that failed at the end don't deserve blame.

See post #1 where I clearly outline other reasons (blaming "Lebron") why the Rangers lost game 6:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/texas-rangers/51428-just-watched-end-game-6-again.html

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one is ignoring the impact of an error committed by anyone but some are putting too much emphasis on them. if they impacted the final score or had been the cause of the Rangers losing game 6, i'm sure more of the posters would have been slamming him too but as we actually took a 7-4 lead after the 2nd one most of us realize that their impact was negated by the team's effort and that it was the failure of the pitching staff to hold that lead and that was the ultimate cause of the loss.

Youngs two errors didn't impact the score?! I think you (or someone else) even posted earlier in this thread that his errors contributed to impacting the score. The official scorekeeper agreed to as much since Lewis was charged 2 unearned runs in the box score.

Again, I didn't not blame the pitching. I've stated this over and over.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youngs two errors didn't impact the score?! I think you (or someone else) even posted earlier in this thread that his errors contributed to impacting the score. The official scorekeeper agreed to as much since Lewis was charged 2 unearned runs in the box score.

Again, I didn't not blame the pitching. I've stated this over and over.

and i pointed out that MY responded after the 1st error by doubling in Hamilton to give the Rangers back the lead. and after the 2nd one, the rangers scored 3 runs in the top of the 7th to take a 7-4 lead. in each case the unearned run was countered by the Rangers that's what good teams do. they don't dwell on things like some do. they pick up their team mates. did they hurt the team? YES. did the team come back from them? YES. the Rangers didn't chose to dwell on them so why do you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, it's foolish to ignore the Young errors just because they had a chance to win after.

No it's not. We had 2 chances to close it out, with one of them being lost by cruz not making that catch. That play will be remembered by everybody around the league, nobody remembers Young making an error(I only count one since Colby missed the bag) so why are you making it a big deal about it? Murphy made an error early in the game too should we focus on that as well? Or is it only errors by MY. I already know the answer to that question don't answer it.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't any one thing. So many things contributed to the Loss. Had no diubt that if the Rangers played to their full capabilities they would beat the Cardinals. Picked the rangers in six Games. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. Thieir Bullpen which had been so good in the Division series and ALCS had a poor World Series. Rangers should have won the series. The Bottom Line. You Win and Lose as a Team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No it's not. We had 2 chances to close it out, with one of them being lost by cruz not making that catch. That play will be remembered by everybody around the league, nobody remembers Young making an error(I only count one since Colby missed the bag) so why are you making it a big deal about it? Murphy made an error early in the game too should we focus on that as well? Or is it only errors by MY. I already know the answer to that question don't answer it.

The Rangers had 2 errors in that game and both were by Young. You may only count one error, but the guys keeping score counted two, and so do most reasonable people. The reason Colby missed the bag is because Young lead him too much, not to mention he bobbled the grounder in the first place.

You don't even know how to how ask the right question, so why waste my time giving you the right answer. FYI, I wasn't making a big deal out of it initially anyway. I listed it along with other mistakes by the Rangers. The reason its become a big deal is because of the overreaction of a couple sensitive MY fans. Murphy's error was in game 5. Game 6 box score below:

Just some friendly advice: just because you think nobody remembers something doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it wasn't important. I bet Michael Young has replayed those plays over and over in his mind, just like Feliz, Oliver, Feldman, Andrus, and Cruz (and everyone else) with their respective plays.

Texas Rangers vs. St. Louis Cardinals - Box Score - October 27, 2011 - ESPN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wasn't any one thing. So many things contributed to the Loss. Had no diubt that if the Rangers played to their full capabilities they would beat the Cardinals. Picked the rangers in six Games. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. Thieir Bullpen which had been so good in the Division series and ALCS had a poor World Series. Rangers should have won the series. The Bottom Line. You Win and Lose as a Team.

Agreed 100% and I don't think anything I said disagrees with what you said.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Colby missed the bag is because Young lead him too much, not to mention he bobbled the grounder in the first place.

He did bobble the grounder but he made the throw to Colby and his foot landed right next to the bag. There's no reason why he couldn't have stepped on base. Saying that he "lead him too much" is simply making stuff up at this point. If he fields it cleanly is it almost a 100% routine play? Sure. He shouldn't have bobbled it. Bad MY. But Colby still should have stepped on base and didn't, simple as that. It counts as an error towards MY because he bobbled it but you can't blame him for Colby's foot landing right to the inside of the bag.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did bobble the grounder but he made the throw to Colby and his foot landed right next to the bag. There's no reason why he couldn't have stepped on base. Saying that he "lead him too much" is simply making stuff up at this point. If he fields it cleanly is it almost a 100% routine play? Sure. He shouldn't have bobbled it. Bad MY. But Colby still should have stepped on base and didn't, simple as that. It counts as an error towards MY because he bobbled it but you can't blame him for Colby's foot landing right to the inside of the bag.

Unreal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Al, MY cost us the World Series, and should never play the field again no matter who's injured or no matter who is batting .096. His .330+ 100+ RBI season doesn't mean anything and him being 3rd on the team in playoff RBI's is simply terrible. Everyone who's saying the blame should be placed on anyone else are delusional and have no idea of how bad of a player he really is.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Al, MY cost us the World Series, and should never play the field again no matter who's injured or no matter who is batting .096. His .330+ 100+ RBI season doesn't mean anything and him being 3rd on the team in playoff RBI's is simply terrible. Everyone who's saying the blame should be placed on anyone else are delusional and have no idea of how bad of a player he really is.

That's it. Just a good old fashion conspiracy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers had 2 errors in that game and both were by Young. You may only count one error, but the guys keeping score counted two, and so do most reasonable people. The reason Colby missed the bag is because Young lead him too much, not to mention he bobbled the grounder in the first place.

You don't even know how to how ask the right question, so why waste my time giving you the right answer. FYI, I wasn't making a big deal out of it initially anyway. I listed it along with other mistakes by the Rangers. The reason its become a big deal is because of the overreaction of a couple sensitive MY fans. Murphy's error was in game 5. Game 6 box score below:

Just some friendly advice: just because you think nobody remembers something doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it wasn't important. I bet Michael Young has replayed those plays over and over in his mind, just like Feliz, Oliver, Feldman, Andrus, and Cruz (and everyone else) with their respective plays.

Texas Rangers vs. St. Louis Cardinals - Box Score - October 27, 2011 - ESPN

Colby said that it was on him for missing the bag

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby said that it was on him for missing the bag

The offical scorer:

FIELDING
E: M Young 2 (2, ground ball, throw)

You can't pick a turd up by the clean end, scotty. Time to move on.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offical scorer:

FIELDING
E: M Young 2 (2, ground ball, throw)

You can't pick a turd up by the clean end, scotty. Time to move on.

and you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to recognize that it is not always exactly as the "official scorer" calls it. Colby was there, the throw to him was there before the runner and Colby missed the bag. Colby said it was on him but smart ass Al knows better than anyone

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to recognize that it is not always exactly as the "official scorer" calls it. Colby was there, the throw to him was there before the runner and Colby missed the bag. Colby said it was on him but smart ass Al knows better than anyone

I guess you're to big of a dumbass to recognize the difference between me and an official scorer.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're to big of a dumbass to recognize the difference between me and an official scorer.

yeah you're a MY hater who will never give the guy credit for anything and the "official scorer" went on 1st view and failed to see that the ball beat the runner therefore the error should have been on Colby. Colby says it should have been on him.

the guy hits .338 in the regular season, had 205+ hits and drove in over 100 RBI's and you blow that off because he didn't hit .300+ in the post-season

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you're a MY hater who will never give the guy credit for anything and the "official scorer" went on 1st view and failed to see that the ball beat the runner therefore the error should have been on Colby. Colby says it should have been on him.

the guy hits .338 in the regular season, had 205+ hits and drove in over 100 RBI's and you blow that off because he didn't hit .300+ in the post-season

I give MY credit for being a good hitter, but I'm not riding on his jock. With you it's always the same retort. A failure to look at what the actual problem is. MY is not a very good fielder and he's even worse at 1st base. This is not about him DHing.
The offical score keeper ruled it as he should have. If he was wrong then it's not unusual for them to go back a change a ruling after review.
I don't give a damn that Colby is willing to take the fall for the club house leader. That's not unusual either and it doesn't change the fact that it was ruled an error for good reason. Had the ball not been juggled and thrown where it should have been, just like they have practiced since spring training, there wouldn't be a discussion. Them's the facts. Have the last word. I'm done.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give MY credit for being a good hitter, but I'm not riding on his jock. With you it's always the same retort. A failure to look at what the actual problem is. MY is not a very good fielder and he's even worse at 1st base. This is not about him DHing.
The offical score keeper ruled it as he should have. If he was wrong then it's not unusual for them to go back a change a ruling after review.
I don't give a damn that Colby is willing to take the fall for the club house leader. That's not unusual either and it doesn't change the fact that it was ruled an error for good reason. Had the ball not been juggled and thrown where it should have been, just like they have practiced since spring training, there wouldn't be a discussion. Them's the facts. Have the last word. I'm done.

let's hope so because some of us that support the team are tire of your incessionate ranting about MY. we support every player on the team and note when anyone of them makes a mistake or a play but we don't dwell on any one of them like you do. MY made errors in the playoffs, so did Kinsler, Andrus, Napoli and even Beltre but the only one you continously harp on is MY. most of the players struggled during the playoffs at some point or another but the only one you rail on is MY.