• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Shields

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry try again sir. Just because you say it with such conviction doesn't mean it's true.

This is the comment posted by DallasMCRDynasty that started this whole conversation: "I don't focus it all just that one play either. And I agree, the Rangers didn't get the quality starting pitching that we all expected aside from Lewis in game 2 and Holland in game 4, and the defense was sub-par (mainly on MY). To many mistakes."

So once again you don't have your facts straight but you're saying I'm the one who is wrong. Nothing new there but no less wrong on your part.

"Relax. I'm not hating on MY. I'm just calling it like I see it. Now watch the first half of game 6. Figure out how many extra at-bats STL got because of Young's defense, and then play the percentages on how that may factor into future potential runs. Next, consider that they scored 2 runs directly off his miscues. Those were routine plays unlike the play Cruz "missed" in the 9th. \"
He also brings up the fact that Young DHed most of the series and the fact that Wash pulled Young in the late innings of GAME 6.

Take it up with the OP. I see I left something off my hate list.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry try again sir. Just because you say it with such conviction doesn't mean it's true.

This is the comment posted by DallasMCRDynasty that started this whole conversation: "I don't focus it all just that one play either. And I agree, the Rangers didn't get the quality starting pitching that we all expected aside from Lewis in game 2 and Holland in game 4, and the defense was sub-par (mainly on MY). To many mistakes."

So once again you don't have your facts straight but you're saying I'm the one who is wrong. Nothing new there but no less wrong on your part.

Neither you or Scotsman understood the context to which I was referring to on the "mainly on MY" comment. Errors prior to the WS are completely irrelevant. MY's errors in game 6 cost the Rangers runs, gave the Cardinals extra at-bats, and took Lewis out of the game - which is a very underappreciated aspect of game 6. Lewis was doing what was necessary, unfortunately porous defense let him down and took him out of the game way early. Not all mistakes are equal. Young's mistakes had a very high negative impact.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither you or Scotsman understood the context to which I was referring to on the "mainly on MY" comment. Errors prior to the WS are completely irrelevant. MY's errors in game 6 cost the Rangers runs, gave the Cardinals extra at-bats, and took Lewis out of the game - which is a very underappreciated aspect of game 6. Lewis was doing what was necessary, unfortunately porous defense let him down and took him out of the game way early. Not all mistakes are equal. Young's mistakes had a very high negative impact.

In that game I would tend to agree with you. But the WS went 7 games. There is absolutely not way I blame MY any more for the Rangers not winning the WS than anyone else on the team including Ron Washington.

I refuse to pick out one play, or player in one game and point them out because there were several missed opportunities by several members of the team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Relax. I'm not hating on MY. I'm just calling it like I see it. Now watch the first half of game 6. Figure out how many extra at-bats STL got because of Young's defense, and then play the percentages on how that may factor into future potential runs. Next, consider that they scored 2 runs directly off his miscues. Those were routine plays unlike the play Cruz "missed" in the 9th. \"
He also brings up the fact that Young DHed most of the series and the fact that Wash pulled Young in the late innings of GAME 6.

Take it up with the OP. I see I left something off my hate list.

Sorry, but you're not going to be a dick and call me out and then say "Relax dude I was just calling it like I see it."

Point is you were proven wrong and now you're backtracking. Just own up to it and say "I was a dick, my bad."

As for the other part of your post; see my response to DallasMCRdynasty.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that game I would tend to agree with you. But the WS went 7 games. There is absolutely not way I blame MY any more for the Rangers not winning the WS than anyone else on the team including Ron Washington.

I refuse to pick out one play, or player in one game and point them out because there were several missed opportunities by several members of the team.

exactly my point. the team lost and trying to lay it on one player is wrong, just plain wrong. the old saying "there is no I in team" so stop trying to lay it off on 1 player. they played as a team and they lost as a team

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Fair enough. My comment was mainly about game 6. If we won game 6, game 7 wouldn't matter. We were a pretty big underdogs in game 7. They had the HFA, Carpenter, and momentum (and the home plate ump).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't blame the loss on one player - please re-read my posts. I never blamed MY for the WS loss (sarcasm aside). In my opinion the worst defensive mistakes (impact-wise) were on Young. And nobody can argue that defensive mistakes didn't play a big part in the Rangers losing. Part of it also was that several pitchers did not successfuly complete their jobs. Another aspect is that the Rangers blew opportunities to score. And yet another part is that the manager did not make the wisest decisions. And yet another part is that STL did what they needed to do.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't blame the loss on one player - please re-read my posts. I never blamed MY for the WS loss (sarcasm aside). In my opinion the worst defensive mistakes (impact-wise) were on Young. And nobody can argue that defensive mistakes didn't play a big part in the Rangers losing. Part of it also was that several pitchers did not successfuly complete their jobs. Another aspect is that the Rangers blew opportunities to score. And yet another part is that the manager did not make the wisest decisions. And yet another part is that STL did what they needed to do.

Actually MY committed an error in the 4th that resulted in Berkman scoring, but that only tied the score at 3. MY then doubled in the 5th scoring Hamilton to give the Rangers the lead 4-3. In the bottom of the 6th, MY committed another error that resulted in Berkman again scoring to tie the game 4-4. the Rangers then scored 3 runs in the 7th to go up 7-4. after that it all falls on the pitchers

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Young is not a Real First Basemen. MY himself said it has been the hardest position to play. It was a Bad Break when Chris Davis didn't make it with the Rangers. He was a True Gold Glove Calibre first Baseman. Just couldn't Hit. Rangers should have had that Game Won Long before the 9th Inning.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Young is not a Real First Basemen. MY himself said it has been the hardest position to play. It was a Bad Break when Chris Davis didn't make it with the Rangers. He was a True Gold Glove Calibre first Baseman. Just couldn't Hit. Rangers should have had that Game Won Long before the 9th Inning.

Agreed (game should have been "locked up" well before the 9th as much as it can be). But I'll jump on the blame Chris Davis bandwagon for the WS loss!! Why Crush did you fall apart at the plate?! lol <-- joking

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame the team. the pitching failed at the wrong time. the hitters failed at the wrong time. and the defense failed at the wrong time

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame losses on somebody when the team still had chances to win after that. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can't blame Lebron for that missed 3 at the buzzer because Wade missed 2 shots in the 2nd quarter! If he makes them Lebron is never in that position!"

that's how retarded this argument sounds

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame the team. the pitching failed at the wrong time. the hitters failed at the wrong time. and the defense failed at the wrong time

Shoot scotty, truth be told, it was you that came up with the notion that the loss was being blamed on Young in the first place.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot scotty, truth be told, it was you that came up with the notion that the loss was being blamed on Young in the first place.

Not even close. i respond to the 2 of you trying to hinge the loss on him.

POst #21 from DallasMRCS: I don't focus it all just that one play either. And I agree, the Rangers didn't get the quality starting pitching that we all expected aside from Lewis in game 2 and Holland in game 4, and the defense was sub-par (mainly on MY). To many mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, but you're not going to be a dick and call me out and then say "Relax dude I was just calling it like I see it."

Point is you were proven wrong and now you're backtracking. Just own up to it and say "I was a dick, my bad."

As for the other part of your post; see my response to DallasMCRdynasty.

Yea, you definitely combined comments from from 2 different posters there in your response to Alpha.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not even close. i respond to the 2 of you trying to hinge the loss on him.

POst #21 from DallasMRCS: I don't focus it all just that one play either. And I agree, the Rangers didn't get the quality starting pitching that we all expected aside from Lewis in game 2 and Holland in game 4, and the defense was sub-par (mainly on MY). To many mistakes.

I tried to walk away from this thread earlier - not because I felt what I said was wrong but because it just seemed pointless. And I still think it's pointless, but your reading comprehension is absolutely baffiling. No where in that comment that you referenced to support your claim did I say that I blame MY for the loss. My entire comment shows that there was more than one reason that the Rangers lost the series and game 6. The first sentence is a reference to Cruz's inability to make the last out, which was a tough play. I also "blamed" if you want to look at it that way - some of the starting pitching (didn't mention the bullpen but that too). I ended with "too many mistakes", which was reference to the team, not MY. My reference to MY was to his defense in game 6 mainly, which was really bad. Hence, Wash took him out of the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm not sure why we're the only two that grasp this very important point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can't blame losses on somebody when the team still had chances to win after that. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Nobody was blaming the loss soley on one person. The fact that this thread is still so off topic is ridiculous.

To your point: yes, the Rangers had chances to win after the Young errors. However, it's foolish to ignore the Young errors just because they had a chance to win after. That's not a hard concept to grasp either.