• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Franklin to Baylor?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be on VT's short list iyo?

Pretty late in the game but yall could prob salvage a decent hire... I think

I imagine Fickell would be up there, but I honestly don't know.

It's kinda fucked up on Fuente's part. He just hired 4 coaches, with one happening this fucking afternoon lol

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Fuente from VT will interview at Baylor tomorrow

I can't decide if I like this or not. He's a .500 coach so I'm not really worried if he takes the r*pe job. On the other hand they don't deserve someone who will go 7-5 annually and hope they fuck this up and pull a Kitchens.

$20 says after this hire doesn't work out they go with baby Briles. $50 says they are on probation 3 years after they hire him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Fuente from VT will interview at Baylor tomorrow

Couple of dudes with sources say it's already happened. If he does interview tomorrow, it'll be the second interview meaning they're likely to wrap it all up and make it official

It almost feels like he has to take this if Baylor offers. His seat internally at least Has to be hot. I’m sure VPI fans will be happy he goes. He really has been a disappointment.

Like @Camfantasy said, I'd say the majority (probably 60 to 70%) of the fanbase will not be bothered if he leaves. Most are more upset about the timing and recruiting implications. We've got a great looking QB from TX coming in the 2021 class that it would suck to lose but right now, he claims he's still committed.

But as a coach, like I really don't care if he leaves. He got his seat hot this year but rebounded enough to avoid getting fired. He could easily underachieve next year and most everyone would be on board firing him. So how upset can you be if Baylor wants to poach that?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of dudes with sources say it's already happened. If he does interview tomorrow, it'll be the second interview meaning they're likely to wrap it all up and make it official

Like @Camfantasy said, I'd say the majority (probably 60 to 70%) of the fanbase will not be bothered if he leaves. Most are more upset about the timing and recruiting implications. We've got a great looking QB from TX coming in the 2021 class that it would suck to lose but right now, he claims he's still committed.

But as a coach, like I really don't care if he leaves. He got his seat hot this year but rebounded enough to avoid getting fired. He could easily underachieve next year and most everyone would be on board firing him. So how upset can you be if Baylor wants to poach that?

I said awhile back that if he didn't get rid of Corny then I was done with him and he's obviously not going to. They can both go to Baylor. I would much rather spin the wheel again on someone new than keep someone around who clearly can't do what's needed to be successful. VT was once a program who thrived on a hard nosed, blue collar, don't take no shit mentality.... Now WR to QB converts from basketball schools are literally punching them in the face pregame and they are giving them 200+ rushing yards afterwards. Fuck Fuente.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shot at Franklin cause he is a worm/snake oil salesman who will prob bolt imo and an easy target in Baylor considering they are in need of a coach and they too have a slimy disposition.
The title is perfect

Why would they want another shady/pedo kind of guy? Baylor needs a coach looking to boost their career with higher position but has a good reputation, not some sleazeball like Franklin

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they want another shady/pedo kind of guy? Baylor needs a coach looking to boost their career with higher position but has a good reputation, not some sleazeball like Franklin
I agree. They allowed some of their folks to shit too close to the house and track it in. Even if their memory was that short, I pretty sure several people will remind them of it.

I think they'll be very careful with future coaching hires. And future president and AD hires as well.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true and a good take.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fire this jerk yet?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

De'Erik King is in the portal so pick him up and a new coach. Problem solved for a year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De'Erik King is in the portal so pick him up and a new coach. Problem solved for a year.

Pretty sure he is going to Arkansas, following his old coordinator.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're pretty solid at QB actually imo. Hooker is a fine starter and I think his back up, Patterson, would be better if given more reps. He might actually win the job outright in Spring Ball if given a true competition.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're pretty solid at QB actually imo. Hooker is a fine starter and I think his back up, Patterson, would be better if given more reps. He might actually win the job outright in Spring Ball if given a true competition.
Quit bitching then and get a new coach.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol Fuente

what a disappointment

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw shit, i bet that ex-player making the claims is getting a shitload of death threats from nittany lions fans. PSU never does anything wrong in their eyes.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aranda will be a solid hire for them

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aranda will be a solid hire for them

odd move for Aranda. They had a very experienced team. Some rumors the QB maybe hanging it up. They are coming off a successful season. The comps for year 1 is going to be tough, because everyone expects them to take a step backwards