• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake's Development

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say enough how impressed I am with Rudock. I think he had maaaaaybe two or three bad passes that entire game yesterday, one was the INT. Poised under pressure, runs when he needs to run, and is smart enough the throw the ball away when necessary.

Just a complete 180 from JVB last year and all of that check-down nonsense. We still need to learn to spread the ball out to WRs a bit more, but beyond that I just love how this kid is playing, especially considering it's his first year playing college ball. QB is one position we're officially set at now for the next 2.5 years, hallelujah.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto...and maybe just 2 or 3 throws away from being a one loss team. Mich. St. killed us, but NI and OSU were winnable..

I am beginning to believe in the offensive ability to move the chains. Legends division beware of what's happening in Iowa City..a beast is being built.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who will step in the LB slot next year, don't all 3 guys graduate? I am not sure who the seniors are this year but I do not see a junior leaving so any non senior should be back, someone do some research and put out a list

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

I would totally agree here. Rudock continues to do solid things for the offense. He's been hurt by a number of dropped balls...which would make his numbers look much better. Bringing in more speed at WR will only help Rudock out more!!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alston and Collins will be Senior LB's next year and Alston is just SOL this year sitting behind those 3 otherwise he'd be a starter, and Collins is more than capable. Morris ended up starting as a Freshman, so anyone could step up. I haven't worried about our LB's under Ferentz ever.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had someone tell me that Rudock is no Stanzi because Rudock throws too many interception. LOL. I was like You don't remember Pick-6 Stanzi?

I think he could very well be the best QB Iowa has had in my lifetime. He definitely has the potential to be.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kind of reminds me of a poor man's Aaron Rodgers. Just kind of tall/thin and has a rocket for an arm and runs the ball well when has has to. If Jake continues to put in work, gain a little weight, no reason he couldn't be playing on Sundays in 3 years. As much as I liked Stanzi and Tate, Rudock just plays smarter than those two, thus far anyway.

I never worry about LB, at least at Iowa. We always seem to have capable, if not good, LBs in there. We have the occasional dud and the occasional stud, but all in all we're really solid there year after year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading an article the other day that Rudock was the USA player of the year his senior year in high school, pretty impressive. He seems to utilize his TE's more than JVB and goes through his progressions better than JVB and Stanzi.