• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jabari Parker

Like Jabari's comments or dislike?

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Don't Like

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Need more info...

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likened the NBA corporation to the military when asked about the you can go to college for 2 year option rule possibility. I really think these kids don't think that playing overseas is an option, which is ridiculous because they will get paid more than their rookie contracts and way more than a college degree would be worth to them and way more than the NBA D league.

He took a shot at the Knicks which was very funny. He said that people compared him to Melo (when asked), the interviewer then asked "but you pass?", he quickly responded "yea but I have a team".

Jabari also said it would be a blessing to be in LA. The question was asked about the Lakers specifically but Jabari responded more vaguely.

Will the Lakers be able to replicate what they did 27 years ago to acquire Kobe? Bazinga!!

WATCH: Jabari Parker slams NBA's age-limit rule - CBSSports.com

Jabari Parker Says Being a Laker 'Would Be a Blessing' | Bleacher Report

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with his comments on the rules regarding early entry. Its dumb to keep someone from entering the draft because your franchises don't have the discipline not to draft them if they are not ready. That doesnt make sense.

He should not have said what he said about the Knicks but young players normally haven't grasped the nuances and benefits of being PC at that age.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what he said about the Knicks, it was funny and more people should be more candid with that stuff rather than saying the PC BS.

I completely agree with you on the draft thing but that is not what will happen. Teams want to mold their players and they will start them to progress them faster and hopefully get another lottery pick. A lot of times these teams suck and the training staff is shit so these players end up being hindered by their teams system. It is easier to see with NFL QBs...it happens in the NBA even more often if not to a lesser degree.

The league is a product and has to protect themselves from that stupidity.

The players have 2 blatant options if they have bills to pay, D League at $24k a year and higher than rookie contracts if they go to Europe.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to play for the Lakers!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No established star wants to play for the Lakers!

:nod:

He also cited the weather not the Lakers as a reason to be in LA but we will just let these Laker fans have a break, haven't had 1 in a while.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm big on Parker. I wouldn't mind the Celtics landing a top 2 pick and being able to draft him. Hard to say who goes #1-3 at this point.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A requirement of two years in college would be great for college basketball and the NBA. Far too many players end up leaving college too early and then ride the bench or go to the d-league because they were not prepared.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A requirement of two years in college would be great for college basketball and the NBA. Far too many players end up leaving college too early and then ride the bench or go to the d-league because they were not prepared.

Id really like to see proof where 1 more year of College Basketball really makes any player that much better in the NBA.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id really like to see proof where 1 more year of College Basketball really makes any player that much better in the NBA.

1st the NBA is not making them go to college*. It is simply an age limit.

How could it not?

I think a person has to agree that the better the level of play overall in the NBA the better the NBA product is. After that it is just simple human biology.

Think of all the growth that a person is capable of and accomplishes from the age of 17 to 20? Both physically and mentally. Couple that growth with learning to play as a teammate in a system and learning fundamentals. An apprenticeship at the elite college basketball programs is an amazing opportunity.

*There are other much better options than the college or the D-league for the money (and I would argue education outside of basketball) conscious. If you want to perfect your basketball IQ and skill set I think it has to be college, D League and Europe in that order. In europe you could afford private trainers and personal chefs though.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should be able to leave early if you want to though. Its their lives. Besides pro coaching is better than college coaching plus you get paid more to sit on the bench in the NBA than play in college. The pros should not draft them if they think they are not ready. You dont need a rule for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be able to leave early if you want to though. Its their lives. Besides pro coaching is better than college coaching plus you get paid more to sit on the bench in the NBA than play in college. The pros should not draft them if they think they are not ready. You dont need a rule for that.

I kind of agree, but I also understand why they do it. When the Lakers drafted Kobe straight out of high school, he was not ready for the NBA. However, if they didn't draft him, they likely wouldn't have gotten him.

Fortunately, he was smart enough to know he wasn't ready and accept coming off the bench for a couple of seasons. He was also willing to put in the work to realize his potential. Some guys just don't have that, but it's hard for a team to know off of just 1 season in college.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree, but I also understand why they do it. When the Lakers drafted Kobe straight out of high school, he was not ready for the NBA. However, if they didn't draft him, they likely wouldn't have gotten him.

Fortunately, he was smart enough to know he wasn't ready and accept coming off the bench for a couple of seasons. He was also willing to put in the work to realize his potential. Some guys just don't have that, but it's hard for a team to know off of just 1 season in college.

When the Lakers drafted Kobe they were in Doctor Buss mode and that is an elite zone. Very few organizations ever reach that level let alone anything resembling that level of competence. The NBA has to protect it's product that most GM/Owners go out of their way to fuck up with every blundering contract and blind draft pick. #Cleveland is the poster child

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ask a kid who grew up with nothing, who can make 400k-500k during an NBA season riding the pine, if he's interested in half a million bucks or going to college classes. A lot of people don't understand if you just make the NBA you will make a life changing amount of $$$. I don't understand why they can't come out of HS anymore. Gonna always have the kids chasing the quick $$$ and not the dream and it should be up to them at adults.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NBA wants to raise the age because teams can't help themselves but draft some kid who's not ready. It's the teams fault, don't blame the age limit or the 18+ year old for trying to cash in.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also most of the people who the age raised are selfish fans and greedy schools/conferences/etc wanting to cash in on non paid athletes another season. Let's be real, don't act like drafting a 19 year old is so much worse then the same kid at age 20. That's a dumb argument.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be able to come straight out of high school. As for drafting, I actually agree with #1, it's the team's fault if they draft Kwame Brown, and can't develop him. As for the 2 year requirement, I really hate the idea. Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid...basically the top guys are who they are. If we're going with the 1 and done rule, their sophomore year is basically their rookie yr, which is basically their learning year. Imo, they develop FASTER that way. Normally, most of the players that are on the fringe come back for another year anyways

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like the rule go overseas and play or go dig a ditch somewhere for a year. Or just dig ditches period. Every business out there has the right to set qualifications for their employees.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like the rule go overseas and play or go dig a ditch somewhere for a year. Or just dig ditches period. Every business out there has the right to set qualifications for their employees.

No one is talking about what they should do dummy. The question was about Jabaris opinion. Its dumb you cant control your franchises to the point you institute a rule to keep from drafting players that are not ready. They are supposed to be professional organizations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talking about what they should do dummy. The question was about Jabaris opinion. Its dumb you cant control your franchises to the point you institute a rule to keep from drafting players that are not ready. They are supposed to be professional organizations.

How are the teams supposed to know that a kid isn't ready with only high school and 1 year of college? A kid comes out of high school, looks ready by the way he plays in college and then gets to the NBA and finds out he isn't ready.

I have no problem with the NBA instituting a 2 year rule. I would like to see the D-league used differently though. If a kid is coming out of high school and doesn't want to go to college, let a team draft him and have him play in the D-league for a couple of seasons.