• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J-Mac says patty will probably play LW

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not what i was expecting to hear and wasn't too excited about it but then i thought to myself

with tedenby being a mostly offense player, zubrus most likely on the outs, langs gelling well with the Z's and clarky being versatile. it actually makes things fit better

look at the hawks, wings ect.
while their 3rd and 4th lines are very responsible defensivley, they have been capable of scoring far more than our 3rd and 4ths have the past few years, really since the lockout. then look back at our 00-01 team... bobby holik in his prim as a 3rd line center, john madden as a 4th really..... scoring potential (for that day and age) throughout

elias on the 3rd line makes this happen more and more, and they will probably not be shorted ice at all

envision something like

parise zajac langs

kovy arnott tedenby/clarkson (i think tedenby fits a little better here with more creativity, and the line doesn't need another bruiser really)

elias josefson tedenby/clarkson (clarkson fits better here as he's more 2 way than tedenby)

rolston pelley zharkov.....

as excited as i was about a kovy arnott elias line, i think this makes more sense for getting scoring without, and keeping the rookies from being overly exposed. if we end up with 2 rookies at forward, both would have 2 established vets protecting them on their lines, to learn from and gel with, while spreading scoring threats throughout the entire forward line up.

when i really think about it this may make more sense than moving patty to rw and we are potentially more dangerous because of it.

besides i said a while back on the old board when we first got kovy.....

i legitimately drool over the thought of tedenby learning from kovy

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did also say later on in the article that wings are wings, so we'll see how camp plays out. It seems like a bit of a waste to me having Elias on the 3rd line, but it helps to insulate the younger players, by having two vets on each.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, thats somethign i've been saying all along that a wing is a wing,

however the flipside to that coin is that the best wings will get their preferences. if kovy wants left, i give him left, over patty.
same with zach.

i'm assuming j mac isn't planning to change those sorts of things but we'll see.

but lets face it, those are the teams best 3 wingers, and usually they play where they do prefer

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know people like to roll lines and all which is fine but i dont want to see zack and kovy ice time cut down to have the 3rd line out there....even if elias is on it.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i know people like to roll lines and all which is fine but i dont want to see zack and kovy ice time cut down to have the 3rd line out there....even if elias is on it.

My exact thoughts.

I completely believe that line 1 and 2 should be getting between 19-21 minutes each. SO unless the 4th line get's almost no time, the 3rd won't see huge production.