• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've never seen more blatant disrespect of a team.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carolina Panthers have been great at all year, and yet, everybody still questions them and just will not respect what they have done. How pathetic is this? It's just not fair for a team that has put together the best season in their team's history.
This is utter nonsense.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is utter nonsense.

"They can't finish games." "Cam Newton is the most overrated QB in the league." "Josh Norman is overrated." "The Panthers' defense is overrated." "The Panthers' offense is one dimensional." "The Panthers have played one of the easiest schedules in the league." "Cam Newton isn't the MVP." "Took advantage of a weak division." "Seahawks are still the better team." etc. etc. etc.

All of this is routinely said on the daily by people. I can't be the only one seeing this...:L

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They can't finish games." "Cam Newton is the most overrated QB in the league." "Josh Norman is overrated." "The Panthers' defense is overrated." "The Panthers' offense is one dimensional." "The Panthers have played one of the easiest schedules in the league." "Cam Newton isn't the MVP." "Took advantage of a weak division." "Seahawks are still the better team." etc. etc. etc.

All of this is routinely said on the daily by people. I can't be the only one seeing this...:L
They are the real deal. I admit, I was not buying it early on, but I certainly am now. I think you posted this thread a few weeks too late.

They have more than proven they are the number one seed for a reason.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the real deal. I admit, I was not buying it early on, but I certainly am now. I think you posted this thread a few weeks too late.

They have more than proven they are the number one seed for a reason.

Well you're a knowledgeable, level-headed poster who can see with clear eyes. Others? Not so much.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CAR has played in 1 SB, and don't have a whole lot of playoff success in their history...on a national level...it's a whole lot easier to jump on a bandwagon once a team has won something.

I've been watching this season intently from the beginning and I didn't really buy in until I started watching the DEF control teams on the road...when your DEF travels, you're a tough out, b/c you will be in every game. If they win it all...the doubters will have something to believe in...until then, I think people realize CAR is a good team...SB good? They don't have a track record...yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are where you earn the true respect in my opinion. There have been plenty of teams that have racked up lots of wins against mediocre to bad teams. The question always is can they do it on the biggest stages in the NFL against the best teams? Well they can check 1 game off that list in beating the Seahawks. That definitely earns them some more respect. They win the Super Bowl and yeah they will be viewed as one of the greats with only losing the one game. We have seen though plenty of teams finish with great records and be forgotten. Anybody remember the 1998 Minnesota Vikings? They were only the 3rd team in NFL history to win 15 games during the regular season, had a then NFL-record setting offense, and cruised to the #1 seed in the playoffs. They then went on to win the divisional round of the playoffs against the Cardinals 41-21 to then lose in the NFC Championship game to the Falcons on a missed chip shot of a field goal by a kicker that hand't missed the entire season. Do people really remember just the greatness of that team though? I would say no.

How about the Green Bay Packers in 2011 where they went 15-1 that year to then lose in the divisional round to the later to be named Super Bowl Champs New York Giants? Teams earn the ultimate respect in the playoffs not the regular season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of that is ridiculous. The only one I think could be said with a straight face is "Cam Newton isn't the MVP." That's not a sign of disrespect...he has some legit competition there. The rest...yeah.

Plenty of Seattle fans were already trash talking taking down the Cards in the NFCG. I was like "You do realize you still have a game to play against a team that is 15-1?"

Josh Norman is legit. They can't finish games? Why is that plural? They only lost one GAME. The way I see it, they finished the other 15. I don't even think their division is all that weak. They didn't really have anyone to challenge them, but it's not like the Browns were in it either.