• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've never seen more blatant disrespect of a team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect, LOL. Respect is for losers because they have nothing else. Scoreboard baby!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were the favorites and still almost gacked an insurmountable lead to a freaking 6 seed at home
Insurmountable? This is the NFL, no lead is safe.

Plus, dat ain't no run-of-the-mill 6 seed, thems the seahawks, and Russell Wilson is the league's Honey Boo Boo. Panthers had to overcome destiny, the refs, the league (ask Kramer), and probably some mild cramps to win this game.

Good thing the turf was shit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does anyone even care about "credit." Just win the games, who gives a shit?

And I really don't think that many people are disrespecting them. Everyone knows they are good.

This. Getting no credit just makes winning that much sweeter.

I think the Panthers and Pats will make the SB, but would be fun to watch Denvers defense vs Carolinas offense. Nothing against the Cardinals either, just like the Panthers more. Plus Cam carried my FF team all year :)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just felt they were going to be a quick playoff exit. So far they've proved me wrong. That doesn't mean I don't respect them, it's just a bet/hunch. Regardless, I think you need to get some ointment for your butt, because it appears to be hurting pretty bad.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carolina Panthers have been great at all year, and yet, everybody still questions them and just will not respect what they have done. How pathetic is this? It's just not fair for a team that has put together the best season in their team's history.
Sorry dude, I don't see this at all. I think the fact that they have been a rather mediocre team for a while has many folks not raining heaps of praise on them like the Pats, Packers, etc. Now, leading 31-0 at halftime and almost giving the game away in the second half won't help the Respect Us Now! cause.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What disrespect? They were the favorites yesterday and they're already a 4 point favorite over a very good Cardinal's team too. You had a point way back when they made Dallas the favorite over them but I haven't seen anything like that since that day.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers are possibly one of the best teams we've ever seen. They get big plays from all levels of the offense and defense. They can run, they can pass deep, they can convert 3rd downs, they take the ball away, their Dline is stout and they have a shutdown corner. This team straight balls and they've met every challenge all year long. But their two toughest games are ahead of them. All 4 teams left are pretty well built.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carolina Panthers have been great at all year, and yet, everybody still questions them and just will not respect what they have done. How pathetic is this? It's just not fair for a team that has put together the best season in their team's history.
1. :L
2. You don't get respect until you earn it. Wins in the regular season really don't mean shit. NE went 16-0 in the regular season once. That team doesn't have much respect because they didn't win it all.
3. Who really cares about what fans/media think anyway? Just enjoy the ride if you are a Panthers fan and hope for the best the next few weeks. If you win it all you get that praise you want, if not you had a hell of a ride.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. The 07 Patriots are still regarded as one of the best teams ever.
By some, not by everyone. There are a lot of fans and media that believe winning it all is all that counts. Everything else is simply losing.

As someone pointed out though, Vegas is still giving credit if the Panthers are being favored.

Part of the problem is Cam himself. Some may love him, others maybe amused by his antics, but many (like me) fucking hate that stupid childish shit when it comes from QB's and simply won't give any due because of it. Cam says he doesn't care if people like his taunting of fans on the road or the other stuff so he accepts fully the perception it brings on his whole team.

But really, if you want respect you go win it all. There were Seattle fans crying the same BS before they won the SB in '13. THEN the media started actually giving them credit and giving them more air time. It's just how it works.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a lack of respect for Carolina.
Some analysts see the NFC South as weak, which may hurt Carolina's juggernaut credibility.
The NFL talking heads (and maybe even some fans) might be cautious about picking a "new" team to challenge for a title. Especially when going up against a team that has experience advancing in the playoffs (i.e. Seahawks).
As someone mentioned above, just keep winning and it all changes.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because Carolina is an unconventional team. They have one of if not the best defenses in the league, an above average quarterback, and a great running game. I can't think of any team in the league that plays power football like Carolina does.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is showing disrespect toward the Panthers? Aren't they the favorites Sunday?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insurmountable? This is the NFL, no lead is safe.

Plus, dat ain't no run-of-the-mill 6 seed, thems the seahawks, and Russell Wilson is the league's Honey Boo Boo. Panthers had to overcome destiny, the refs, the league (ask Kramer), and probably some mild cramps to win this game.

Good thing the turf was shit.
Refs and the league???

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams bitch Pete Carroll said after the game, "We just ran out of time".

OUC0J.gif

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't get respect from me because of their douchebag, arrogant qb. Dude celebrates first downs like it was a fucking touchdown. He disrespects the opposing teams fans like they have no business cheering for their team on the road. Grow the fuck up already and act like a pro