• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

it's time

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops has nothing left. Goodbye and thanks for the memories. No hard feelings but you just got schooled by the worst coach in the Big XII. No more money, no more support, no more anything until a change is made. People with season tickets need to stop going to the games. I'm starting the grassroots movement right here on the hoop.

NO MORE STOOPS!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've become Virginia Tech.
Bob has run out of gas.
He stopped coaching after the 2008 season and put it on cruise control.
He tried to make something happen this last off season and put it all on the line, he failed because it's too late to recover from years of "automatic pilot".

If the defensive backfield even knew what tackling and hitting were, we might have won this game.
If Bob can't even get his players to do the basics it's just time to bow out
photo-7.jpg
bow.png

but of course Bob won't bow out gracefully, they never do. They think it's "their" program and somehow they deserve to stay even though their days are over.

FUCK YOU BOB YOUR TIME IS UP

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of OU fans been saying this for the last two to three years . OU gets some of the best players in the country but big game bob can not do any thing with them , that is because he sucks at coaching , how many bowl games has he been to ,how many N.C. games and not have the team ready to play , FUCK HIM . and a lot of OU fans say give him more time , he is a good coach fuck that he needs to be gone tonight . here we go again a one more year with this peace of fucking shit . I am a OU fan for life I am done with big game bob and his bull shit coaching .

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...this seals the deal.

Now we wait until his buyout is tolerable.

We will not contend for another a Natty, OR a Big XII title, while Stoops is the coach.

It's over. Nothing we can do but sit back and wait while watching the world's slowest and most painful car crash in super slo-mo.

Thanks Bob. We had a good run.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this representative of our recruiting misses of the last several years?

We lost the trenches today...big.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno, but I saw this coming. it was like 2003 and KSU again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobs only chance a redemption is to run the table the rest of the way. Otherwise, I'm done.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobs only chance a redemption is to run the table the rest of the way. Otherwise, I'm done.

that wood be great , and that is what OU has to do but can he or will he. if he is such a great coach he will get it done . I do not see it or OU wood have won all the big games in the past . OU should have at least one to two more N.C. and bowl wins . it is not just the players it is coaching .

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take no pleasure in saying this but "I told you so". I've been ragging on Stoops for 4 years now to the point it's pissed off some of my Sooners brethren. That's OK; the important thing is now everyone is finally seeing the truth. We are shelling out $5 Million + for an 8-4 coach. It's beyond stupid. A LOT of the donors have already cut back our financial support trying to send Castiglione a message. Some of us have told him to his face it's time for a change. OU can barely support 1/2 of the stadium improvements it wanted to make and please don't blame all that on the oil crash. That's Boren bull shitting everybody; the truth is oil's at $50/barrel again and if OU was National Champions the entire stadium improvement would have been funded without any problems. The end for Stoops was years ago. It's time to burn this bitch down and go find another coach. There are a LOT of coaches who can go 8-4 at OU so replacing Stoops isn't a problem. The trick is to go find that 11-1 and 12-0 coach. We have the money and we have the facilities. Now it's up to Castiglione and Boren to get off their asses and do it.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take no pleasure in saying this but "I told you so". I've been ragging on Stoops for 4 years now to the point it's pissed off some of my Sooners brethren. That's OK; the important thing is now everyone is finally seeing the truth. We are shelling out $5 Million + for an 8-4 coach. It's beyond stupid. A LOT of the donors have already cut back our financial support trying to send Castiglione a message. Some of us have told him to his face it's time for a change. OU can barely support 1/2 of the stadium improvements it wanted to make and please don't blame all that on the oil crash. That's Boren bull shitting everybody; the truth is oil's at $50/barrel again and if OU was National Champions the entire stadium improvement would have been funded without any problems. The end for Stoops was years ago. It's time to burn this bitch down and go find another coach. There are a LOT of coaches who can go 8-4 at OU so replacing Stoops isn't a problem. The trick is to go find that 11-1 and 12-0 coach. We have the money and we have the facilities. Now it's up to Castiglione and Boren to get off their asses and do it.

well done. that's what I have said the last three years , it is time .

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can't allow ourselves to be paralyzed by fear, but we better be damn sure of our plan when cut Bobby loose. I do not want to end up like Nebraska. There just aren't that many Nick Sabans or Urban Meyers out there. I'm on board, let's just have all our ducks in a row.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't allow ourselves to be paralyzed by fear, but we better be damn sure of our plan when cut Bobby loose. I do not want to end up like Nebraska. There just aren't that many Nick Sabans or Urban Meyers out there. I'm on board, let's just have all our ducks in a row.

I agree 100%, Romeo. We need to take this one step at a time. The first step is don't extend Stoops' contract (which Castiglione always does) at the end of this year. The next step is NO salary increases at the end of this year (which Castiglione always does too). No problem with looking for at least a year because Stoops is going to lose 3-4 games next year too. Go find a guy who is ideally in his 40's or early 50's so we have a ten year coach who is damn well paid and already has a proven record in cfb. My guess is we would get one of the top assistants in the country but there's an outside chance we could pick off a top head coach.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, Romeo. We need to take this one step at a time. The first step is don't extend Stoops' contract (which Castiglione always does) at the end of this year. The next step is NO salary increases at the end of this year (which Castiglione always does too). No problem with looking for at least a year because Stoops is going to lose 3-4 games next year too. Go find a guy who is ideally in his 40's or early 50's so we have a ten year coach who is damn well paid and already has a proven record in cfb. My guess is we would get one of the top assistants in the country but there's an outside chance we could pick off a top head coach.

I have no problem taking one or two seasons to find the right guy. When can Tressel come back? Maybe we could pick off a guy like Dabo Sweeney.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is almost there to where Nebraska is ,OU will lose three to four more games this year , so lets give bob one more year. so OU can lose four to five next year to . well I hope it works out .

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is almost there to where Nebraska is ,OU will lose three to four more games this year , so lets give bob one more year. so OU can lose four to five next year to . well I hope it works out .

It's not about giving Bob more time. It's about giving us time to find the right guy.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem taking one or two seasons to find the right guy. When can Tressel come back? Maybe we could pick off a guy like Dabo Sweeney.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson, Tom Herman at Houston......there are a lot of good coaches out there right now. Whoever it is would have to be a good recruiter. Barry Switzer was the best but Barry also was smart to hire Scott Hill and let Scott do a lot of the leg work. The new coach would have to be a hell of a recruiter because our talent level is down and has been down for years.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is better then 8-5 or 9-4 . a coach change is big deal but big game bob has had enough time , the only reason he has the record he does is the great players that go to OU. I think I notice the first time I seen something wrong was when OU lost to boise state. I know OU can not win every game. if nick saban wood go to texas he wood coach at OU for sure you wood think , OU can get a 11-1 12-0 coach .

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is better then 8-5 or 9-4 . a coach change is big deal but big game bob has had enough time , the only reason he has the record he does is the great players that go to OU. I think I notice the first time I seen something wrong was when OU lost to boise state. I know OU can not win every game. if nick saban wood go to texas he wood coach at OU for sure you wood think , OU can get a 11-1 12-0 coach .

Except he didn't go to Texas. He simply used the opportunity to negotiate a pay raise. Don't start with the Saban to OU stuff. That would be embarrassing. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it would be very very unlikely.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure your right but I was just using saban as a chose of the caliber coach OU can get .

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure your right but I was just using saban as a chose of the caliber coach OU can get .

That's why I made that post. We need to take our time and not knee jerk. We need to give ourselves time to find the right guy. Guys like saban and Meyer don't grow on trees.