• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time to show Castro the door

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've had enough of the prolonged hitting slumps and mental errors which seem to pile up with this guy. I know we just extended him but he is NOT our future. If we can trade Soriano at 37 with $25 million still owed then we should be able to make this happen. I mean for the going rate of "superstars" his age and with his ceiling the contract we gave him is pretty damn cheap so there has to be a team with the money to take him on and has the need of a young shortstop who may benefit from a change of scenery. Yet another mistake by the Epstein camp extending him because these mental lapses started last year with the infamous "stare to the outfield" incident against the Yankees in front of the whole damn country.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are saying it was a mistake to sign a player to a contract that is cheap for their age, ceiling and skill set? How in the world does that make any sense? If they are going to trade him a contract like that would increase his trade value and if they keep him having any player on a cheap contract compared to their skill set is always a good thing.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castro won't be moved until Baez is ready. Hopefully sooner than later.

And by the way, the extension makes it easier to trade a guy like Castro, who is young and has good potential. So calling this a mistake, is an idiotic, moronic comment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Castro be moved when Baez is ready? Either of them could go to 3B or 2B. Sveum has even mentioned that the future position of Baez is going to be a discussion for the front office and management this off-season.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baez wont be up until Theo feels he earned his time in AAA to develop now. Hell, I still want to see Junior Lake get to play 3B, scouts say thats his best position. With Ransom hitting anorexic, murphy with no future here, if Junior plays some third that will at least let us know how good of a super sub he might be when the superstars all get here.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs should trade Starlin Castro for a spittoon and a bag of chew. He is worthless.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you need be worth something for someone to want him. He is just pulling off the ball terribly. You watch him bat and Schwarber bat, they both start open, Kyle goes right into the pitcher when he swings, Castro is still flailing out, no chance to do anything with outside pitches. He got credit for a bare hand play yesterday on a funny hop, but easily had time to use sense and glove the ball with Pena running. He is off game 1.

I like how they are using Schwarber at catcher and not just delegating him to LF since Bryant is gonna have to go out there, at least when Lester pitches......

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant stays at third. Schwarber stays at catcher.

Castro goes anywhere but here!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have options for 3B. You have the best hands in the system in Villanueva who has started to hit. you still have Olt waiting in AAA before he gets dealt. Baez is back to baseball this week. Bottom line the best range is Russell, so now people are thinking he can go out to center. I guess the people that say Schwarber sucks as a defensive catcher must also be saying Bryant is a pretty bad third baseman. I know Lester probably thinks that. They probably need to start thinking about a defensive swap to get Villanueva in at third and put Bryant out in left at the end of the game. Coughlan is a pretty bad fielder in his own right. That is your best chance to hold a lead defensively, which is why Schwarber needs to catch and keep catching.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of defense, in last night's game, the first of four at home against the Giants, Maddon replaced Schwarber at catcher with Ross and Coughlan in left with Szuzr in the ninth inning.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Castro has been benched as of yesterday. Maddon told him to "stay ready" off the bench!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Castro has been benched as of yesterday. Maddon told him to "stay ready" off the bench!

Maddon told him it was not a day off. Cubs screwed up asking for too much back for him. As of now, if someone claims him on waivers they should just let him go, kinda like Alex Rios a few years ago. Take him and his contract. I read on MLBTraderumors that if Castro is asked to play anywhere but shortstop, he will ask for a meeting with the front office. Maybe they will tell him how bad he has played this year.. Castro should be kicking himself for pouting about possibly being traded. This kid is a superstar in his head, little league mentality is not flying anymore.

Late inning changes are plenty, Soler and Coghlan are being replaced late inning defensively now. Solers paths to the ball are pretty bad lately. I am surprised Coghlan is not getting shifted back to left field late innings, I guess they trust Schwarber enough out there.