• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time to replace Scott

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get benching Russell but Randle? C'mon, Byron!!!

Benching either of them makes no sense. Russell was just starting to get comfortable. Even those that don't know anything at all about the finer details of the game could visibly see him improving with each game. It just boils down to this; Byron Scott has no fucking clue what he's doing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benching either of them makes no sense. Russell was just starting to get comfortable. Even those that don't know anything at all about the finer details of the game could visibly see him improving with each game. It just boils down to this; Byron Scott has no fucking clue what he's doing

I could understand some of these moves if this were a playoff contending team with more experienced players who needed a kick in the ass to shake them up, because they were trying coast.

But this is a team with an extremely young core group of players. As frustrating as watching them fall behind by double digits before even scoring is/was, it's part of the learning process.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely TJF12. That is why these moves Scott made seem so disjointed and pointless. These actions demonstrate that the game has passed Scott by and he is just using the throw-things-up-on-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks type of approach at guiding this team. Its horrible and the players have reacted accordingly.

Reactions: DJ

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Maybe by the end of the season, we will all be talking about how it turns out Byron knew what he was doing all along. But right now, I watch these games, see some of the decisions he's making and think "I can't believe I stuck up for this guy.":L

you and me both. i knew he ended up losing guys mentally from his past coaching experiences, but these rotations make absolutely no sense. it's almost like he's trying to make the team look bad on purpose...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so it'd seem. there's no possible other statement that would make any sense...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually beginning to believe that that this Lakers management at the highest levels have set up the Lakers to lose in hopes of getting that top three protected pick in the draft. If they don't get it, they probably still have their second round at that level and he alone would make it worth the losing. Losing is a winning situation in the long term because the Clarkson, Russell, Nance, Sacre and Randle will only continue to get better and by the time the season ends, they will be ready to really make a run for making the playoffs. While it is doubtful that this team fully developed, would be good enough to win a championship, they should be good enough to attract a super star like Kevin Durant who I expect is getting tired of the Thunder and their mismanagement. It's the only explanation I can think of.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually beginning to believe that that this Lakers management at the highest levels have set up the Lakers to lose in hopes of getting that top three protected pick in the draft. If they don't get it, they probably still have their second round at that level and he alone would make it worth the losing. Losing is a winning situation in the long term because the Clarkson, Russell, Nance, Sacre and Randle will only continue to get better and by the time the season ends, they will be ready to really make a run for making the playoffs. While it is doubtful that this team fully developed, would be good enough to win a championship, they should be good enough to attract a super star like Kevin Durant who I expect is getting tired of the Thunder and their mismanagement. It's the only explanation I can think of.

I don't know about setting them up to lose, so much as just accepting their fate. Even if Kobe played like Kobe of old instead of old Kobe, they weren't going to the playoffs. They've committed to making this season about Kobe's farewell tour, while trying to develop the young guys as best they can along the way. That directive actually comes from Jeanie who didn't like the fact that Magic never got his farewell tour and decided that if they got another generational player like that, would make sure he was honored properly.

I agree though, that at the end of the day, losing is good for them this year because it can help set them up to win in the relatively near future.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about setting them up to lose, so much as just accepting their fate. Even if Kobe played like Kobe of old instead of old Kobe, they weren't going to the playoffs. They've committed to making this season about Kobe's farewell tour, while trying to develop the young guys as best they can along the way. That directive actually comes from Jeanie who didn't like the fact that Magic never got his farewell tour and decided that if they got another generational player like that, would make sure he was honored properly.

I agree though, that at the end of the day, losing is good for them this year because it can help set them up to win in the relatively near future.

I think Scott is safe for next year either way. Let's face it - This Lakers team is horrible and will do nothing but lose until the rookies develop and the only way to develop them fast is to put them in the game for 82 games. They are getting better and improving game by game and by the end of the season will be playing pretty good. They are obviously going to milk Kobe's farewell who is going to get a nice send off and recognition in almost all NBA arenas simply because he is bowing to the rookies and being a mentor. I had hoped Shaq would do that in his final year like that was disappointed that he didn't. Win or Lose the NBA is going to get their money's worth out of Kobe this season because he is still selling tickets.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Maybe by the end of the season, we will all be talking about how it turns out Byron knew what he was doing all along. But right now, I watch these games, see some of the decisions he's making and think "I can't believe I stuck up for this guy.":L

He's really testing my allegiance to him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely TJF12. That is why these moves Scott made seem so disjointed and pointless. These actions demonstrate that the game has passed Scott by and he is just using the throw-things-up-on-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks type of approach at guiding this team. Its horrible and the players have reacted accordingly.

The game clearly may have passed him by.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are showing up to watch Kobe...........except it's to see how many airballs he throws up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott is safe for next year either way. Let's face it - This Lakers team is horrible and will do nothing but lose until the rookies develop and the only way to develop them fast is to put them in the game for 82 games. They are getting better and improving game by game and by the end of the season will be playing pretty good. They are obviously going to milk Kobe's farewell who is going to get a nice send off and recognition in almost all NBA arenas simply because he is bowing to the rookies and being a mentor. I had hoped Shaq would do that in his final year like that was disappointed that he didn't. Win or Lose the NBA is going to get their money's worth out of Kobe this season because he is still selling tickets.

I agree that Scott is probably safe for next year. The only way that I see him not being the coach next year is if a top FA like KD says, I'll sign, but Scott has to go.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Scott is probably safe for next year. The only way that I see him not being the coach next year is if a top FA like KD says, I'll sign, but Scott has to go.
I disagree. Start next season with clean slate after kobe with a new coach. I don't see anyway they keep Scott after this year. If they do, he probably won't make it to All-Star break.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Start next season with clean slate after kobe with a new coach. I don't see anyway they keep Scott after this year. If they do, he probably won't make it to All-Star break.

Starting next season with a clean slate might be what they should do, but that doesn't mean it's what they will do. I don't think last year will be held against him and as long as the youngsters develop decently, I doubt this year will be held against him either. The front office knows that they didn't have an NBA caliber roster last year and now we have the Kobe farewell tour this year. Plus, he's from the Showtime era and whether it should or not, that still carries weight.

Besides, if they are going to fire him and hire someone else, they'd better make sure that they have a better replacement locked up before they do. You don't want to go into free agency unable to tell top FA's who the coach will be.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Scott makes it to training camp next season. But I think the dragged out coaching search last year backfired. Your not going to reel in free agents not knowing who the coach is. So whoever it is hopefully they make that choice prior to free agency

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can this team possibly be worst then last season?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scott is coaching next season, you might as well start praying for the Buss family to sell because it'll be proof that they have lost their damn minds

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Scott makes it to training camp next season. But I think the dragged out coaching search last year backfired. Your not going to reel in free agents not knowing who the coach is. So whoever it is hopefully they make that choice prior to free agency

Exactly. Either stick with Byron or get get someone (Thibs?) locked up quickly and cut Byron loose as soon as the seasons over. Gameplans for winning and who the coach is go hand in hand. You need to have both in place. If they learned nothing else from Lamarcus Aldridge last year, they should have learned that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Either stick with Byron or get get someone (Thibs?) locked up quickly and cut Byron loose as soon as the seasons over. Gameplans for winning and who the coach is go hand in hand. You need to have both in place. If they learned nothing else from Lamarcus Aldridge last year, they should have learned that.
You are so right about that. This has to be the plan.