• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time to replace Scott

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning the team over to Scott was a huge mistake. He is too close to the team. No matter how poorly the Lakers play no one will want to be the one to point to Scott. We are stuck with him I'm afraid.

Just till the end of the year then hopefully we get someone better and Simmons, Bender, Labissiere, Brown or Ingram.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to win no matter what they do. I think it's possible for them to win more games if they moved Kobe back into the guard position because he clearly sucks as a forward. I think the direction they are taking is the right one. I have heard the independent evaluations from Coach Dave Miller, James Worthy and Antwon Jaimison and all of them agrees that these new players are developing quite nicely. I think that by the end of the season they will be considerably better and showing the improvement needed to attract a big agent. It makes not difference if the Lakers are dead last or next to dead last, but I say tank it and go for that 1st round draft pick that is top 3 protected. One more top five pick can't hurt next year one bit. I do think that this will be the last year of the Lakers being in the septic tank. I think they will improve next year, but I personally thought they was high on crack when they said they would make the playoffs

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just till the end of the year then hopefully we get someone better and Simmons, Bender, Labissiere, Brown or Ingram.
Simmons would be fantastic!!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wise Byron has decided to bench Russell and Randle, starting Williams and Nance instead. This joke just keeps getting worse. Russell and Randle are the future of the team. They have been play well recently and showing growth. I mean, what the fuck?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear you lakersrule. I think the schlep quality of Scott is now being realized. Anybody that believes that Bass is a 5 and continues to play him as such while Black sits on the bench is the same knucklehead that believes benching Russell AND Randle in favor of Nance and Williams is good for the future of this team.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the last time Black has even played? He's not a future superstar but he can be a decent role player. Give him some run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was back in the preseason or in one of the first 3 or 4 games of the season. It has been awhile. Same goes for Kelly and Sacre. Persona non grata all three. This is not going to be a good move at all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wise Byron has decided to bench Russell and Randle, starting Williams and Nance instead. This joke just keeps getting worse. Russell and Randle are the future of the team. They have been play well recently and showing growth. I mean, what the fuck?

I've never thought Byron Scott was a good coach. But shit like this has me convinced he's personally trying to prove to me he's the worst coach in NBA history

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the paper, it was because the starting unit has fallen behind by double digits before even scoring in the last couple of games. So he needed to shake things up a bit. Thing is, the real problem with the slow starts, is Kobe. He's been shooting horribly and Russell and Randle tend to defer to him too much (which Byron also mentioned).

Problem is, you just can't disrespect Kobe by benching him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear you TJF12. We will just have to wait to he finally retires to see this team move forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear you TJF12. We will just have to wait to he finally retires to see this team move forward.

Yeah, I'm not saying Byron is the coach we need. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed considering that I stuck up for him. But he really is between a rock and a hard place with regard to Kobe. Unfortunately, the young guys are going to pay the price until some sort of "happy medium" is reached (if that's even possible).

One thing I'll say, I like the hard line that he's taking on Swaggy DNP.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the last time Black has even played? He's not a future superstar but he can be a decent role player. Give him some run.

going with short 5's were always a bad idea imo(Bass and Black specifically), but i hear you. Black has at least been productive in spots...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never thought Byron Scott was a good coach. But shit like this has me convinced he's personally trying to prove to me he's the worst coach in NBA history

And his rationale made absolutely no sense.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the paper, it was because the starting unit has fallen behind by double digits before even scoring in the last couple of games. So he needed to shake things up a bit. Thing is, the real problem with the slow starts, is Kobe. He's been shooting horribly and Russell and Randle tend to defer to him too much (which Byron also mentioned).

Problem is, you just can't disrespect Kobe by benching him.

That's a big part of problem and unfortunately not going to change. The Kobe farewell tour is the bigger priority than the youth movement. Byron is the perfect coach for it. He won't tell Kobe to reign things in.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going with short 5's were always a bad idea imo(Bass and Black specifically), but i hear you. Black has at least been productive in spots...

Yeah, Black is definitely undersized at the center position. He can make some of that up with his strength and athleticism. Bass is just clearly playing out of position.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get benching Russell but Randle? C'mon, Byron!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of sports talk shows on the T.V. today stated the same thing. Benching Russell makes some sense but Randle? Clearly that was just a completely boneheaded move by Scott. Makes him look like a real dumbass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of sports talk shows on the T.V. today stated the same thing. Benching Russell makes some sense but Randle? Clearly that was just a completely boneheaded move by Scott. Makes him look like a real dumbass.

I don't know. Maybe by the end of the season, we will all be talking about how it turns out Byron knew what he was doing all along. But right now, I watch these games, see some of the decisions he's making and think "I can't believe I stuck up for this guy.":L