• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time to replace Scott

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers will be quite so quick to fire Scott like they did Mike Brown. Technically D'antoni walked away and I wouldn't be surprise if what is happening right now is the reason. I think it's possible that he knew hands down that this team was only going to lose and he simply didn't want any part of a team that was going to lose like this. Once this season is over, however I expect that management will sit down with Scott and they will see what the game plan is. Possible that they will wait to replace Scott after they have signed players. Last summer was a killer to not have a coach when trying to sign free agents. I am hoping they have better brains then to repeat that costly error. Either way Scott has proven he can coach and much will depend on what James Worthy and Magic Johnson have to say in an unofficial capacity. If Scott loses their support or the support of the players - then he is gone.

I really think that we will see a different team towards the second half of the season. These players are playing and learning fairly quickly and it's just a matter of time before they figure out how to play for 48 minutes instead of 36

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta keep Scott, until we find THE right guy for the next choice, otherwise we'll stay stuck in this phase of bringing in, and firing so-so coaches. Maybe we should go the route of trying to find a great assistant that may not be a big name hire. I'm not quite sure who that would be, but whoever it is has to be a coach that has an offense to fit today's NBA, seeing that we have a PG that can run pick and roll. I'm not suggesting that we bring back D'antoni, but I think that we would be on to something, if we can get someone to run an offense similar to that, along with emphasizing defense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as this group continues to improve under Scott we are going in the right direction. Julius Randle and Russell have bonded pretty good and Clarkson in the mix is making them a nice trio that will a force to be reckoned with

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott hinders them. They will improve by playing more. How can a team with more talent then last year be worse? It is the coach.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as this group continues to improve under Scott we are going in the right direction. Julius Randle and Russell have bonded pretty good and Clarkson in the mix is making them a nice trio that will a force to be reckoned with

The youth are improving despite the head coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta keep Scott, until we find THE right guy for the next choice, otherwise we'll stay stuck in this phase of bringing in, and firing so-so coaches. Maybe we should go the route of trying to find a great assistant that may not be a big name hire. I'm not quite sure who that would be, but whoever it is has to be a coach that has an offense to fit today's NBA, seeing that we have a PG that can run pick and roll. I'm not suggesting that we bring back D'antoni, but I think that we would be on to something, if we can get someone to run an offense similar to that, along with emphasizing defense.

I agree. The only thing worse than firing coaches over and over, is firing them and not having at least a verbal commitment from a better one. The drawn out search and taking so long to officially name Byron is part of what hurt us in FA last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott hinders them. They will improve by playing more. How can a team with more talent then last year be worse? It is the coach.

This team is more talented, but has a very young core. Last years team had a lot of veteran players who were trying to stay in the league. This years team is still learning how to play the game. It's why you see the scoring droughts and why they struggle so much late in games when they have a chance to win.

The last game vs. the Rockets is a good example. They hung in and were down 8 going into the 4th quarter, but fell apart in the 4th and ended up getting beat by 20+.

As for more minutes. Seems like they've been playing over 30 minutes for the past several games. Not sure how much more they can play.

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is more talented, but has a very young core. Last years team had a lot of veteran players who were trying to stay in the league. This years team is still learning how to play the game. It's why you see the scoring droughts and why they struggle so much late in games when they have a chance to win.

The last game vs. the Rockets is a good example. They hung in and were down 8 going into the 4th quarter, but fell apart in the 4th and ended up getting beat by 20+.

As for more minutes. Seems like they've been playing over 30 minutes for the past several games. Not sure how much more they can play.
I did not say more minutes. Just playing more as in games under belt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really TLF? Well Bass for sure isn't doing much at the five and he looks like a fish out of water playing there because of Scott's ridiculous decision. Black would be an improvement over Bass because he is a natural five and when Black was allowed to play at the five, he played pretty well.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to fire Scott, play the young guys, and let Kobe hang em up. Lakers need to make a big splash in FA next season or this madness will just continue.