• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's the irresistible force vs the immovable object

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reverse match up will have a bigger impact on the outcome. Carolina had 8 takeaways against Arizona. Peyton Manning's gonna have a game similar to the one he had against Seattle a few years ago. I don't think Cam will have nearly as hard of a time against Denver's defense.

Denver has the better defense this time.... Also Carolina's secondary does have a few weaknesses that Manning can exploit... Carolina's defense is not at the level Seattle's defense was a couple year back...

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has the better defense this time.... Also Carolina's secondary does have a few weaknesses that Manning can exploit... Carolina's defense is not at the level Seattle's defense was a couple year back...
Peyton and that offense aren't nearly as good as they were a few years back either. I understand that Denver's defense is better, but Denver has to worry about Cam Newton and that offense. I'm saying the match up doesn't favor Peyton at all.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton and that offense aren't nearly as good as they were a few years back either. I understand that Denver's defense is better, but Denver has to worry about Cam Newton and that offense. I'm saying the match up doesn't favor Peyton at all.

We'll see ... Carolina's offense is better no doubt about it, and their D is pretty stout also... But Manning can make throws this time around, and Kam will get pressured by that Denver pass rush... I think it's gonna be a very good Super-Bowl actually...

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media would love Manning riding off into the sunset after a Super Bowl win.
What? I can recall them saying Peyton couldn't be a Great Player until he gets a Ring. I have a feeling their going to be all over Cam's jockstrap to pay any mind to the other guy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too often you get to see the # 1 seed vs. The # 1 seed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Peyton put a big exclamation point on his career but man is this smelling like SB 48 all over again.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The Denver D is stellar but keep in mind that Carolinas 2 playoff games were against the #2 and # 5 defenses and In case you are wondering Cam has the highest completion percentage of the playoff QBs @ 70% and the highest passer rating @119.
This should be a great game with a couple of cool story lines but I do not see where you are getting that Denver D will eat Cam up..

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver D is stellar but keep in mind that Carolinas 2 playoff games were against the #2 and # 5 defenses and In case you are wondering Cam has the highest completion percentage of the playoff QBs @ 70% and the highest passer rating @119.
This should be a great game with a couple of cool story lines but I do not see where you are getting that Denver D will eat Cam up..

The main difference is the Broncos are #1 in sacks compared to the Cardinals at #20 and the Seahawks at #17. And regardless of how much better their O-Line was Cam was also sacked 33 times which was 12th in the league.

So Carolina gave up in sacks 2/game while Denver averaged 3.3/game. Not a huge difference but remember Denver only sacked Brady 4 times but hit him a total of 23 times. Now obviously Carolina has a better O-Line than NE but even if he only gets hit say 15 times that's still a ton especially when Denver can cover well down the field.

Cam was sacked once by Seattle and once by Arizona. That's not going to happen against Denver.

Last edited:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Broncos win is if they keep Carolina below 21. If Carolina are able to score in the mid 20's then they'll be superbowl champs
*......something tells me there's going to be a ''bad-snap'' right at the start = 2-0/Pantherz/1st-qrtr./14:55.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carolina wins, but in a close one. Something like 23-20. I think it will be within a score pretty much the whole game, but Carolina's D will have a huge 4th quarter play that sets up the win.

Denver's D will put forth an admirable effort against the #1 offense, but eventually the Bronco's offense will put them in a near impossible situation by losing the field position and turnover battle as the game goes on.

Looking forward to a great game.