• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It was in Mayo's Contract to Become Next HC?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe that story and it's from the Globe so take it with a grain of salt

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, the NFL rules and CBA require that any team hiring a head coach MUST interview two minority candidates from OUTSIDE the present organization and those nterviews MUST be IN PERSON. The second rule is that no interviews can take place until AFTER the Wildcard Playoff round.

If everyone follows the rules, interviews will start on Tuesday Jan. 16, 2024. If the Patriots follow the rules to the letter, expect them to announce their next head coach no earlier than Thursday afternoon, most likely, Friday afternoon.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, the NFL rules and CBA require that any team hiring a head coach MUST interview two minority candidates from OUTSIDE the present organization and those nterviews MUST be IN PERSON. The second rule is that no interviews can take place until AFTER the Wildcard Playoff round.

If everyone follows the rules, interviews will start on Tuesday Jan. 16, 2024. If the Patriots follow the rules to the letter, expect them to announce their next head coach no earlier than Thursday afternoon, most likely, Friday afternoon.

See that's what I thought as well but apparently they aren't doing that as Mayo is the coach. I am certainly they didn't interview anyone

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can,t belive they have,nt went all in on Vrabel
If Kraft has made a verbal promise to Mayo, it's defendable in court. Kraft ain't going to get sued and possibly lose his franchise to hire a Vrabel. If Mayo was promised and sued Kraft, all of antisemite work would get flushed.

Ifa promise was made, Jerod Mayo will be named on Thursday afternoon of next week.

UNLESS......................Mayo and Kraft come to a compromise where Myo is guaranteed the job when and if Vrabel is no longer the HC and Mayo gets the DC title and commensurate pay. AND Kraft will not be able to NOT give him the job. Then again, Vrabel would have to be willing to let Mayo be the DC and name his own staff.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's what I thought as well but apparently they aren't doing that as Mayo is the coach. I am certainly they didn't interview anyone
They still have to go through the legal process. Rules are rules and the CBA included the hiring rules.

I'm sure that Bienemy and Flores have been called and the Patriots have officially requested permission to speak with them. AND that they have both been told about Mayo being made the promise three years ago.

Everyone will play the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to go through the legal process. Rules are rules and the CBA included the hiring rules.

I'm sure that Bienemy and Flores have been called and the Patriots have officially requested permission to speak with them. AND that they have both been told about Mayo being made the promise three years ago.

Everyone will play the game.

Then why could they announce Mayo being the new HC before they went through the legal process?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official yet. Riess and Schefter are TWEETING ""Reportedly"" according to their sources.
Ken as a friend stop digging the hole you've dug yourself into any deeper. Hell, if you had heard this report from a saintly grandmother at church last week, you'd start a thread about it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken as a friend stop digging the hole you've dug yourself into any deeper. Hell, if you had heard this report from a saintly grandmother at church last week, you'd start a thread about it.
Did your wife or girlfriend shut you off????

Your worse that Charlie this morning.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official yet. Riess and Schefter are TWEETING ""Reportedly"" according to their sources.
Ken as a friend stop digging the hole you've dug yourself into any deeper. Hell, if you had heard this report from a saintly grandmother at church last week, you'd start a thread about it
Did your wife or girlfriend shut you off????

Your worse that Charlie this morning.
Ken, I told you I'm having a tough time not jumping on the BK Bash express. Let it go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you read the link I posted about how it's legal?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching NBCSports Boston and the Zolack & Bertrand Radio Broadcast. It's live.

They are saying that everything is being "reported" and not official.

Bertrand said that Mayo's contract has him as the 'successor' to Bill Belichick and it was officially filed with the NFL League Office when he signed it. Because the league accepted it, the Patriots do not have to have to follow the Rooney Rule.

They are assuming that no announcement will be made until next week to stay within the interview guidelines and not do anything to upset the games being played this weekend.

They are also reporting that the Patriots have officially requested to speak to several people about the GM position.

They are also reporting that BOB and Matt Groh may both have been notified that they will not be back.