• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"IT" the midget at LAL

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wished that Isiah Thomas can find a "home" once and for all. I am sick of following his whereabouts.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's such a solid player, hoping he can find a footing with some team.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's such a solid player, hoping he can find a footing with some team.

He is a very good offensive player.

He is the worst defender I can remember watching in the NBA. Many times with the Cavs ... and then playing against Cavs last week ... every possession against IT's team was based around getting him to switch in a pick & roll ... then exploit him. (The Cavs played no defense at the other end.)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a very good offensive player.

He is the worst defender I can remember watching in the NBA. Many times with the Cavs ... and then playing against Cavs last week ... every possession against IT's team was based around getting him to switch in a pick & roll ... then exploit him. (The Cavs played no defense at the other end.)
Luke Walton has a solution for that - He is bringing him off the bench - It's a great fit for IT because the bench normally runs at a considerably higher pace and less defense - and he scores a bunch, sets up the players. If he stays long, he will be taught the principles of defense and he has been a great mentor of the Lakers rookies - So far it's been all positive for IT in Los Angeles

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Walton has a solution for that - He is bringing him off the bench - It's a great fit for IT because the bench normally runs at a considerably higher pace and less defense - and he scores a bunch, sets up the players. If he stays long, he will be taught the principles of defense and he has been a great mentor of the Lakers rookies - So far it's been all positive for IT in Los Angeles

Is Luke going to teach him to be taller than 5-8? Because IT knows the defensive concepts. He is a smart dude that has been around the league awhile. He is too small to defend other NBA guards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Luke going to teach him to be taller than 5-8? Because IT knows the defensive concepts. He is a smart dude that has been around the league awhile. He is too small to defend other NBA guards.

Exactly. His issue isn't a lack of willingness or that he doesn't get himself in proper position.

I've paid attention to his positioning, etc. and he's pretty good about getting to where he's supposed to be.

Just not much you can do when "small guards" are at least 6 inches taller than you.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. His issue isn't a lack of willingness or that he doesn't get himself in proper position.

I've paid attention to his positioning, etc. and he's pretty good about getting to where he's supposed to be.

Just not much you can do when "small guards" are at least 6 inches taller than you.

which is why he gets his "Brinks Truck" delivery somewhere else this off season...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have too - obviously he isn't a starter - but if the Lakers could sign him for a reasonable price - I think he would be a great point guard coming off the bench - when the Lakers want to go small. Granted that IT will get over-paid somewhere else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have too - obviously he isn't a starter - but if the Lakers could sign him for a reasonable price - I think he would be a great point guard coming off the bench - when the Lakers want to go small. Granted that IT will get over-paid somewhere else.

Exactly. He will be overpaid. Technically most free agents are. You aren't getting him for a bench player cost, so not even worth seriously considering. 3 years 55-60 million would be best case.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He does have to actually. If he doesn't, then you end up with a scenario where everything he gives you offensively is given right back defensively. The reason he worked in Boston was because Stevens was able to figure out how to hide him on defense to lessen the negative impact.

Luke has done a solid job of figuring out how to hide him as well, but not quite as good a job as Stevens did.

Getting him for a "reasonable price" is highly unlikely. He is looking for a big payday and he wants to be a starter.

If they are going to try to keep someone who is presumed to be gone after the season, the Lakers would be much better served to focus their efforts on convincing Randle to stay at a reasonable price than IT. For that matter, they'd be better off trying to get KCP to stay at a reasonable price. He doesn't bring the offense IT does, but he's much better defensively.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wished that Isiah Thomas can find a "home" once and for all. I am sick of following his whereabouts.

When IT retires he already has a 2nd career lined up. He's gonna play 1 of the Keebler Elves on Broadway.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When IT retires he already has a 2nd career lined up. He's gonna play 1 of the Keebler Elves on Broadway.
What the heck show is that?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I just made it up. Did you know IT is too short to ride a roller coaster?
Whats_My_Favorite_Word.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I just made it up. Did you know IT is too short to ride a roller coaster?

That is harsh. My 8 year is tall enough to ride most roller coasters, but not IT. LOL.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is harsh. My 8 year is tall enough to ride most roller coasters, but not IT. LOL.

This is not actually true. 5'8" allows you to ride all roller coasters.