• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It May Be Time To Start Thinking About Blaine Gabbert

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After watching Gabbert play the last few weeks we see that he is very accurate, we haven't had an accurate quarterback like this in more than 12 plus years.

The way Gabbert releases the ball reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer a little bit.

If the Niners really make a commitment to building a team around Gabbert the same way that the Cardinals are built around Palmer do you feel that we could be competitive again?

If they niners do this we will be back on the map in a good way make sure Shaun Draughn is back next year

fix the right side of OLine which Gabberts hasn't made look so bad

Bring in Calvin Johnson and another WR & draft Laquon Treadwell he will be a beast (well hopefully)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Gabbert play the last few weeks we see that he is very accurate, we haven't had an accurate quarterback like this in more than 12 plus years.

The way Gabbert releases the ball reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer a little bit.

If the Niners really make a commitment to building a team around Gabbert the same way that the Cardinals are built around Palmer do you feel that we could be competitive again?

If they niners do this we will be back on the map in a good way make sure Shaun Draughn is back next year

Bring in Calvin Johnson and another WR & draft Laquon Treadwell he will be a beast (well hopefully)

I don't see any comparison between Palmer and Gabbert. Gabbert is a mobile and athletic QB. So far with the 49ers seems to throw a nice short and medium ball but his deep throws so far have been pretty poor. Carson Palmer is a gun slinger and throws a very nice deep ball. He is not mobile and is a pure pocket passer. A small sample size so far, but Gabbert has more similarities with Alex Smith than Carson Palmer at this point.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if we're ready to dump a hip-hop QB in Kaepernick. If they look at another in Manziel, I'll just accept that it's another nail in the coffin for this franchise for the foreseeable future.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure. Gabbert is winning with no running game, no tight ends and mediocre wideouts. Its amazing.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the old posts in this thread is pretty funny.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blaine Train has been damn good. 44 yard TD run to force OT then a 71 yard bomb TD to win the game. No doubt he should be the starter next season. He will only cost $2mil? Dump Kap and his big $ and use it on some play-makers at WR

Bojack_Horseman

Snowflake Melter Supreme
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert and Steve Logan deserve a lot of credit for what they've been able to do.

I mean he looks like a 1st round QB, a skilled game-manager who can make the deep throws that Alex never could.

For all the shit Logan's been catching over Kap's failures, maybe he deserves a little credit for Gabbert's success.

Kaepernick can GTFO, he could never have made some of the plays Gabbert has made over the past 3 games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert and Steve Logan deserve a lot of credit for what they've been able to do.

I mean he looks like a 1st round QB, a skilled game-manager who can make the deep throws that Alex never could.

For all the shit Logan's been catching over Kap's failures, maybe he deserves a little credit for Gabbert's success.

Kaepernick can GTFO, he could never have made some of the plays Gabbert has made over the past 3 games.

The deep throws that Gabbert has made, Smith has made, too. Now, don't get that as me saying that Smith is good at it. But whenever you talk about can't or couldn't, you leave very little room for error.

Last edited:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then add on some of the deep throws he's thrown to Vernon Davis in the regular season and playoffs. I liked some of those in that Saints playoffs game. Again, he's not good at it, but I hate when people talk about a player not being able to do it. He's had passes that aren't deep but are in tighter windows than what Gabbert has done. A lot of that is merely from having played longer and having more attempts. But we're talking about doing it or not.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the comments on Kaepernick not being able to do it, I disagree that he couldn't ever, but he wasn't. It wasn't going anywhere here.

Bojack_Horseman

Snowflake Melter Supreme
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then add on some of the deep throws he's thrown to Vernon Davis in the regular season and playoffs. I liked some of those in that Saints playoffs game. Again, he's not good at it, but I hate when people talk about a player not being able to do it. He's had passes that aren't deep but are in tighter windows than what Gabbert has done. A lot of that is merely from having played longer and having more attempts. But we're talking about doing it or not.

Alex had a lot of air under his deep throws.

Gabbert didn't have as much air under this:

The longer a ball is in the air, the more time a defender has to react.

I wasn't trying to claim that Alex couldn't throw the ball deep, physically speaking.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't trying to claim that Alex couldn't throw the ball deep, physically speaking.

Fair enough. I'm sure someone could find a play where Smith has done it with that little air. It was 46 yards in the air and I feel Smith has enough strength to get it 46 yards with less air under it (quicker). I'm sure Gabbert has more plays in him to show more, too.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Steve Logan very little, if any credit when it comes to Blaine Gabbert. I think Gabbert has been fine, but I believe it's more of a guy playing over his head simply because he's been given a second shot. He's riding high (high for him anyways), but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the same ole, same old Gabbert next year, and come back to earth....assuming he's the starter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need to see more deep throws from Gabbert before I am convinced he can consistently make deep throws. The throw in overtime was a really nice one but in the games prior he threw deep balls there were poor throws. There were a couple that could have been touchdowns had they been thrown better