• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It May Be Time To Start Thinking About Blaine Gabbert

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick just keeps getting worse and worse. He is bringing the whole team down. Certainly Gabbert couldn't be any worse.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine either way. I don't expect anything more from Gabbert playing behind this line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine either way. I don't expect anything more from Gabbert playing behind this line.
Clearly we won't see the ridiculously bad decisions and extreme footwork errors time after time after time that causes the complete failure of the offense. He personally put them in a 14-point hole on the team's first two possessions of the game and the offense never threatened to score. Not a single drive the entire game; not one. That is on him. 4 interceptions and after the 4th he refused to throw the ball, he was so gun shy. Can't win with this guy.

Yes, the O Line is not the best and the defense is a joke but it all starts with kaepernick.

9 of 19 for 67 yards no TDs and 4 INTs. Gabbert can certainly do that and for a lot less money.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. The team is so bad that we will lose no matter who starts at QB. This would apply to any position. Start White and Patton over Smith and Boldin. It doesn't matter. Have the practice squad o-line start games instead. This is a throw-away season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly we won't see the ridiculously bad decisions and extreme footwork errors time after time after time that causes the complete failure of the offense. He personally put them in a 14-point hole on the team's first two possessions of the game and the offense never threatened to score. Not a single drive the entire game; not one. That is on him. 4 interceptions and after the 4th he refused to throw the ball, he was so gun shy. Can't win with this guy.

Yes, the O Line is not the best and the defense is a joke but it all starts with kaepernick.

9 of 19 for 67 yards no TDs and 4 INTs. Gabbert can certainly do that and for a lot less money.

The line is not just " not the best ", it is ranked dead last in pass blocking. Its the worst. I expect Gabbert will be road tar playing against these types of defenses.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The team is so bad that we will lose no matter who starts at QB. This would apply to any position. Start White and Patton over Smith and Boldin. It doesn't matter. Have the practice squad o-line start games instead. This is a throw-away season.
Agreed. But nothing will help more than a change at QB. When they signed Kaepernick to the big contract the team was supposed to win because of him not despite him. You cannot have this type of complete failure at the quarterback position and expect to win.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some changes if this continues, starting on the oline. While there aren't many options, they may have no choice.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that QB play doesn't even matter so far this season. I submit the following:

Week 1: Kap doesn't do much, but we dominate Vikings.

Week 2: Kap plays well, but we get demolished by the Steelers.

Week 3: Kap plays like crap. Unsurprisingly, we get demolished, but does anyone really think we would've won even if Kap played well?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But nothing will help more than a change at QB. When they signed Kaepernick to the big contract the team was supposed to win because of him not despite him. You cannot have this type of complete failure at the quarterback position and expect to win.

Let's assume that Gabbert will play better and win us more games, but do we even really want that? I'd rather get the highest pick possible at this point.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is not just " not the best ", it is ranked dead last in pass blocking. Its the worst. I expect Gabbert will be road tar playing against these types of defenses.
If he becomes frozen with fear of throwing another INT back there like Kaepernick is then that may be true. if he gets the ball out quickly like I expect he will, he'll be OK.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that QB play doesn't even matter so far this season. I submit the following:

Week 3: Kap plays like crap. Unsurprisingly, we get demolished, but does anyone really think we would've won even if Kap played well?

LOL, probably not. If we had Aaron Rodgers and decent pass pro we might have a chance in a shoot out. But we don't have Aaron Rodgers. Look at the Colts. They have Andrew Luck and are 1-2. They barely beat the Titans. Could have easily been 0-3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! He threw two TDs in garbage time and wracked up 2/3rds of his yardage in that time. He did not play well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume that Gabbert will play better and win us more games, but do we even really want that? I'd rather get the highest pick possible at this point.
Not me. I'd always try to win. Drafting at the top of the first round is highly over-rated in my opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he becomes frozen with fear of throwing another INT back there like Kaepernick is then that may be true. if he gets the ball out quickly like I expect he will, he'll be OK.

You have more faith than I do. He is going to get hammered. He can get the ball out quickly but if no one is afraid of the deeper passes, good teams will just take away the underneath and short stuff away.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is simply better than Kaepernick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how much " better " Gabbert is. He is so good the team that drafted him 10th dumped him. He hasn't yet played in a game that mattered. Maybe he will be better, or he could be worse.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have more faith than I do. He is going to get hammered. He can get the ball out quickly but if no one is afraid of the deeper passes, good teams will just take away the underneath and short stuff away.
Admittedl Gabbert is not Aaron Rodgers but can you let this continue when the QB never seems to learn and only seems to regress with the more he plays? Let him sit and watch. He's certainly not learning anything out on the field and he is absolutely killing the team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how much " better " Gabbert is. He is so good the team that drafted him 10th dumped him. He hasn't yet played in a game that mattered. Maybe he will be better, or he could be worse.
Not possible.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedl Gabbert is not Aaron Rodgers but can you let this continue when the QB never seems to learn and only seems to regress with the more he plays? Let him sit and watch. He's certainly not learning anything out on the field and he is absolutely killing the team.

Let Gabbert play and see what happens. If Gabbert plays well against a defense like Seattle coming up, let em play