• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It just goes to show ya...

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...that Beebe covets Texas above all others as much as we all thought he did.

Orangebloods.com - New proposal to save Big 12 with 10 teams being considered by UT

Beebe's plan of keeping the B12 together consists of letting any team (can we say "UT"?) have their way with getting their own network, collecting and evenly distributing (first time that will happen) the CU and NU penalties, and every team just plays each other and stays at 10 teams.

It's amazing, really; teams are willing to leave the conference because of the demonstrated inequality in it, and this moron proposes to hold it together by doing even more of the same shows of favoritism? This was an obvious ploy for laying the red carpet for Texas to have their own network so they'll stay and the other teams will bow down and stay too.

But why if you're Beebe would you do anything else when every other team will do whatever Texas does? He's definitely painted himself into a corner on this one.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope they save the Big 12.....but don't think they will. I personally would rather keep conferences around 10-12 teams and not venture to that 16 team range. I think Nebraska just plain fits in the Big 10, so that move was a perfect one.....but might as well keep the Big 12 alive.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they stay intact, and you just knew Beebe would be sucking Texas' schlong even harder than ever now that he's desperate to keep his job.

They could add Houston

Houston @ #5 Oklahoma St (W 45-35)
Houston (home) vs Texas Tech ( W 29-28)
Houston @ Miss St (W 31-24)

Stray35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should pick up Utah and TCU, the divisions could be:

UT Division:
UT @ Austin
UT @ Fort Worth
UT @ Lubbock
UT @ Norman
UT @ Stillwater

Not UT Division:
Baylor
ISU
KSU
KU
Mizzou
Utah

Beebe could just rewrite the state line between OK and TX to include Norman and Stillwater. The schools are controlled by UT anyways.

4thandInches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want to know what Bebe is gonna do if Texas "bolts" to the Pac-10. Apply for a janitorial job at UT?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Dan Beebe a Texas grad??

Stray35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Dan Beebe a Texas grad??

That would explain a lot as far as Beebe is concerned but whats with OU and even OK St? Does it have to do with money? OU has the history and prestige that places them at the top along with NU and UT however it seems like they've accepted the role as UT's bitch.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beebe attended Walla Walla Community College from 1975 to 1977, and then transferred on to California State Polytechnic University (Cal Poly-Pomona) where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in social sciences in June 1979. Beebe received his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1982 and is a member of the Washington State Bar Association.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This all sucks. I would have rather gotten rid of Beebe and gotten in a Commish that would represent what was best for the most schools and gotten the TV deal everyone wanted done. If it could be done once it could be done for a top conf like we had. We had a lot of really good teams that have GREAT followings and would have supported the schools in that way. I hope they kick him to the curb if the conf manages to survive all this.
Now that I am kind of worked through my great disappointment and frustration with this I want to think about the farewell tour that this season is. And then move on to the kicking I think we will be giving the B10. Wish we had OU this year. That would have been a great way to end Neb and the B12. I would really liked to have played Both OU and TX this year. Maybe we will play OU in the champ game if we make it.

Personally I think this is the 1st year in a long time that we could legit go undefeated and not have it be just a wish and a prayer. But I also think we could end up with the same record as last year, but think we will either go undefeated or get one or two wins better this year.

Is there any legit chance that Ohio St makes it to the NC this year? I do not think so but maybe you guy know something I do not. I know that Ohio St thinks our two teams could meet in the NC this year as a prelude to our 1st season in the B10 or 25 or whatever it will be called by then. I do not think they will have the team to do it and honestly I can see where the polls would keep us out and want us to go undefeated for a couple seasons b4 they give us the chance based on what I saw last year in the polls.

What do you think?