• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Everyone said the Wolves were picking Okafor until Towns worked out there.

Then it was the Lakers, they took Russell.

I think it's Doncic.

A lot can change in a month, but Ayton and Doncic aren't working out for teams. If the draft was today I'd say Ayton is 100% the choice from everything I've heard locally.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just imagining Booker throwing lobs to him instead of Tyson Chandler.... I think that's an extra assist or two game coming DBook's way, lol. No more fumbled or missed lobs.

TBH, I'm a die-hard UA guy and love Ayton, but if they took Doncic I wouldn't be pissed. Think he's legit and fits the modern NBA, but all I can say is they better sure as shit be right and he ends up being the Euro James Harden if they pass on Ayton.
listen, it's one hell of a nice problem to have...lol

I like them both.

But, to have 3 guys 6'6 and up, two of which can knock down the 3 all, on the wings would be filthy.

Go sign Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela.

I was not sold on Luka.

But, watching what he has done the last 3 months playing against grown as men....

He's a stud.

He's barely 19 and he is gonna be a awesome combo guard.

Defense is a problem though...Lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can change in a month, but Ayton and Doncic aren't working out for teams. If the draft was today I'd say Ayton is 100% the choice from everything I've heard locally.
I live in AZ too.

Everyone assumes it will be Ayton.

That's why I said there will be some angry folks if it's not.

But, like the Zoo Yorkers with Porzingis, people will get over it once they see him play.

.....if he's the pick that is....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Kings take Doncic if the Suns take Ayton?

Pretty sure the Kings just took a PG last summer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Bennett was a far worse draft pick than Ball.

Ball has the ability to actually improve his game and become a top PG. He's a trip-doub machine.
oh Bennett is a million times worse--- id still pick Ball in the top 10 of that draft EASY--- arguably top 5 still--- hes still a very solid player and brings unique attributes to the table but he is a guy you have to adjust what you do for since he ahs some major weaknesses that really dont play that well in todays game

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just glad that unless lebron goes to LA- that the Suns will be kicking some laker ass for the foreseeable future -- i always liked the suns

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sporting major wood for Judge Marilyn......she's hot.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Bennett is a million times worse--- id still pick Ball in the top 10 of that draft EASY--- arguably top 5 still--- hes still a very solid player and brings unique attributes to the table but he is a guy you have to adjust what you do for since he ahs some major weaknesses that really dont play that well in todays game

And he can't ever improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the smokescreen I was talking about, it's hard to trust the national media because I've seen so many BS reports about PHX teams in the past that the local guys were right about. I doubt they make it boring and whenever they pick 1st they will want the whole world talking about what the Phoenix Suns will do when they're on the clock. Makes for a better show.

Yeah, I have a lot of family in Arizona and have seen quite a bit of the Phoenix sports teams, especially the Suns.

Phoenix teams, especially the Suns, seem to have always had a unique relationship with the local media. They seem to trust the local media more than most other teams trust theirs. It's really kind of cool.

Because of that, the local media there is almost never wrong.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its collusion league now. Whoever the #1 pick is, they probably won't last long in Phoenix most likely. 1-2 season and thats it.

DurCant/LeHype created a monster

Man you gotta learn how the league actually functions before you post LOL

CDqD1KV.jpg

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you gotta learn how the league actually functions before you post LOL

CDqD1KV.jpg

No huh?? Guess thats why we could potentially see a :nono: finals of the same 2 teams FOUR YEARS in a row.

Sorry but thats the REALITY of shit today. Team-stacking and collusion

I think we have ALL SEEN how the "league functions" since 2010. So my point stands

Truth is, they need make it more difficult than to let guys like Durant/Lebron hop from superteam to superteam

Point is, the NBA front office is going to allow team stacking to go on strictly for high Finals ratings. If the Celtics reach the finals they lose millions of dollars along with millions of viewers.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No huh?? Guess thats why we could potentially see a :nono: finals of the same 2 teams FOUR YEARS in a row.

Sorry but thats the REALITY of shit today. Team-stacking and collusion

I think we have ALL SEEN how the "league functions" since 2010. So my point stands

Truth is, they need make it more difficult than to let guys like Durant/Lebron hop from superteam to superteam

Point is, the NBA front office is going to allow team stacking to go on strictly for high Finals ratings. If the Celtics reach the finals they lose millions of dollars along with millions of viewers.

I was just referring specifically to the rules on rookies. None of them are allowed to move in the first 2 years.

This post is more fail, no need to debate it.

Millions of viewers LOL

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen, it's one hell of a nice problem to have...lol

I like them both.

But, to have 3 guys 6'6 and up, two of which can knock down the 3 all, on the wings would be filthy.

Go sign Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela.

I was not sold on Luka.

But, watching what he has done the last 3 months playing against grown as men....

He's a stud.

He's barely 19 and he is gonna be a awesome combo guard.

Defense is a problem though...Lol

He looks like Jayson Tatum but with PG passing skills. Yeah, sign me up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just referring specifically to the rules on rookies. None of them are allowed to move in the first 2 years.

This post is more fail, no need to debate it.

Millions of viewers LOL
no rookie basically ever turns down a max offer their restricted year

its basically a rule in the NBA that no rookie that the team actually wants to keep moves on before 6 years.

if someone can give me an example of a guy that was drafted that moved on before 6 years even though the team wanted him I will be very very surprised. never happens.

If you draft a guy and then offer him a max during his RFA year you basically are guarnateed to have a guy for 7 years of hsi career unless you trade him or cut him or he is a whiner like Cryrie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expiring contracts in Chandler and Dudjey are movable and so is TJ Warren. That's another 33 million.

LeBron plus another Max is feasible, especially since one or both would likely be sign and trade.

You're going to find takers for those sizable contracts for nothing in return? There are only 10 other teams with at least 10M in cap space; you will have to offer up multiple #1 picks to move those contracts. Then you have to convince Lebron to the desert and the #14 market in the league. He may be getting older, but I don't think he's looking for an assisted living facility just yet.

Fantasy.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no rookie basically ever turns down a max offer their restricted year

its basically a rule in the NBA that no rookie that the team actually wants to keep moves on before 6 years.

if someone can give me an example of a guy that was drafted that moved on before 6 years even though the team wanted him I will be very very surprised. never happens.

If you draft a guy and then offer him a max during his RFA year you basically are guarnateed to have a guy for 7 years of hsi career unless you trade him or cut him or he is a whiner like Cryrie.

Monroe and Noel both bet on themselves, taking the 1 year tender instead. KCP turned down the Pistons offer last year and ended up on a 1 year deal with the Lakers. KCP felt lowballed, not sure what Monroe and Noel were offered.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would when the draft order came out because I like Payton. They could just bring him back. I like his game and think he could be a nice player to run the offense. Just don't expect a lot of offense out of him.

Payton to Ayton could get very confusing lol.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to find takers for those sizable contracts for nothing in return? There are only 10 other teams with at least 10M in cap space; you will have to offer up multiple #1 picks to move those contracts. Then you have to convince Lebron to the desert and the #14 market in the league. He may be getting older, but I don't think he's looking for an assisted living facility just yet.

Fantasy.jpg

Of course they'd have to pair some assets with the expiring. The suns have the assets to make it happen and if it gets them LeBron its worth it.

But yeah, who knows if LeBron would be into it or not, thats the hard part. I was just saying if I were LeBron it would be a very attractive option.