• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expiring contracts in Chandler and Dudjey are movable and so is TJ Warren. That's another 33 million.

LeBron plus another Max is feasible, especially since one or both would likely be sign and trade.

Brandon Knight & TJ Warren could be moved, Chandler & Dudley are expiring contracts... lots of non-guaranteed $ to Williams, Ulis, Harrison, etc. They could absolutely clear up enough cap space for 2 max deals. They'd have to deal assets (16th pick or future picks) to get rid of some contracts, but it's do-able.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ you fuck nuggets talking down to me with your first round exit/late lottery teams. Suns have been in a rut lately but don't you forget how consistently good they were prior to Nash leaving, dating back to the 70's. We deserve this shit. *mic drop*

I'll talk shit about the Suns.:heh: Why the hell not? It's the weekend & I'm in a good mood. Going back to the 70's the Suns have 11 first round exits, including 4 in a row from '96 to '99. That gorilla mascot is silly. The team hasn't had a good coach in a decade. I'm sure whoever they pick in the draft will turn out to be a bust. And Oliver Miller was 1 of the greatest Suns of all time.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. And yeah, Kings fans gotta be thrilled with that jump up, especially with no pick next year that is huge... you guys get the easy choice of taking whoever we don't. Congrats to yall as well.
Two franchises who have dealt with a lot of down times over the past 5-10 years getting a shot to draft the 2 top prospects is a nice sight to see. Whether the 2 prospects work out or not is tbd, but I'd rather be in the top 2 than back at 7th.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 years as a franchise, not once has Phoenix ever picked first. I cried tears of joy and got black out drunk last night (which I was doing regardless of if they stayed at 1 or dropped to 4 like I 100% expected them to.

I can now finally say (maybe) the draft lottery isn't rigged... PHX, SAC and ATL as the top 3 with 2 of them moving up... yeah, doesn't seem like there's too much incentive there as far as marketing goes.

Now, we better take my boy DeAndre Ayton, I love Luka's game, I really do. BUT Booker/Ayton P&R's with Jackson cutting on the wing = sex.

I forgot how to be happy about anything NBA related for so long... now with a core of Booker, Jackson, Chriss, Bender, one of Ayton/Doncic and a glut of future picks & cap space incoming I'm very optimistic about our future finally. "ANYTHING IS POSSSIBLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

Their new HC coached Doncic.

#Bookit

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but if I'm LeBron, I think the Suns can pitch one of the most attractive options out there.

A lineup of Booker, Jackson, PG13, LeBron, and Ayton.... that's exactly what I'd be looking for (if he does consider leaving CLE): long, young, athletic guys that can shoot.

Even if he can't PG13 on board, the Suns would still have excess cap room for an additional solid FA or two.

Unless he's going to go to the Warriors, Celtics, or Rockets - which I don't think he would ever do - I don't think you can get better than that. And this team would take a couple years to peak, which could actually be better timing due to the Warriors existing.
Goddamn....lol

Never even considered them.

While your bullshitting, they could also possibly pull off a Kawhi trade....yikes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Bookit
Changed your mind on Ayton?

I think it's Doncic too because they are allegedly targeting Capela with a max deal.

Boogie just whiped his instagram of all things Pelicans.

So, he might be on the menu too.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can defend his position very well. Doncic not so much. He's a big 2 guard that will have trouble on the defensive end IMO. His offense could be brilliant, but you'll need the right guys around him to make up for that defense, and pairing him with Booker seems like a horrible idea defensively, even if a brilliant idea offensively.

Ball's defense was a pleasant surprise.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Bookit

This isn't AAU or college ball. Coaches don't make the decisions upstairs. Local radio guy Gambo has all but confirmed that PHX is taking Ayton 100% and he's usually got reliable sources. Owner is a UofA booster as well. I'd be shocked if they took Doncic.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just sucks the guy is such a disaster offensively-- he cant shoot, he has a very weak pick and roll game since he cant finish at the rim......if he doesnt have the ball in his hands directing traffic and making passes he is worthless out there on offense.

Anthony Bennett was a far worse draft pick than Ball.

Ball has the ability to actually improve his game and become a top PG. He's a trip-doub machine.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't AAU or college ball. Coaches don't make the decisions upstairs. Local radio guy Gambo has all but confirmed that PHX is taking Ayton 100% and he's usually got reliable sources. Owner is a UofA booster as well. I'd be shocked if they took Doncic.
Didn't know gambo was calling that. Dude has legit sources, he's never wrong.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's drama alert season: Devin Booker followed DeAndre Ayton on Instagram, lol. Josh Jackson has stated on record he wants Ayton and from what I've seen almost everyone in the organization wants Ayton. There will be a smokescreen at some point saying they're considering Doncic, but I'd put money on the pick being Ayton.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed your mind on Ayton?

I think it's Doncic too because they are allegedly targeting Capela with a max deal.

Boogie just whiped his instagram of all things Pelicans.

So, he might be on the menu too.

I didn't know the new HC had coached Doncic.....I think the writing is on the wall there.

I'd take Cousins and James.....or Cousins and PG.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's drama alert season: Devin Booker followed DeAndre Ayton on Instagram, lol. Josh Jackson has stated on record he wants Ayton and from what I've seen almost everyone in the organization wants Ayton. There will be a smokescreen at some point saying they're considering Doncic, but I'd put money on the pick being Ayton.

They'll probably ask their new HC who they'd like since he'll be coaching the team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they would when the draft order came out because I like Payton. They could just bring him back. I like his game and think he could be a nice player to run the offense. Just don't expect a lot of offense out of him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the new HC had coached Doncic.....I think the writing is on the wall there.

I'd take Cousins and James.....or Cousins and PG.
I think so too.

That would be one hell of a coincidence.

Fans are going to be pissed if they pass on Ayton.

You should see all the bootleg Suns memorabilia that's popping up all over downtown...lol

No more $6 tickets....Damn.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably ask their new HC who they'd like since he'll be coaching the team.

I'm sure they'll ask for input and no one knows him better than Igor, but if their FO already decided on Ayton as their #1 then I don't think anything Igor says will sway them. You have to remember scouts in FO's have been putting reports/research together on these guys for YEARS.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too.

That would be one hell of a coincidence.

Fans are going to be pissed if they pass on Ayton.

You should see all the bootleg Suns memorabilia that's popping up all over downtown...lol

No more $6 tickets....Damn.

I'm just imagining Booker throwing lobs to him instead of Tyson Chandler.... I think that's an extra assist or two game coming DBook's way, lol. No more fumbled or missed lobs.

TBH, I'm a die-hard UA guy and love Ayton, but if they took Doncic I wouldn't be pissed. Think he's legit and fits the modern NBA, but all I can say is they better sure as shit be right and he ends up being the Euro James Harden if they pass on Ayton.