• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s you that has missed the point entirely. You can’t act like traveling 4-6 hours by plane is the same as traveling 2 hours by bus. Hell that’s an extra day a team gives up.

An stop acting like you have no clue what the fuck I are talking about. Sure you get the home advantage the year after traveling 4-6 hours on plane the year before. But it’s nothing like traveling by bus 2 hours. But You are literally trying to say the road game by plane sucks but you get a home game the next year while forgetting the same is true for a 2 hour road game the year before ya play that team at home.

Again you are the one who has not a clue. This argument is not about FSU and UF. But since you literally are too stupid to realize not, we continue on this journey of you thinking I’m bashing UF and praising FSU for their OOC schedule. Honestly, how the fuck did you graduate high school? You literally are the definition of stupid.

Nope. You've clearly missed the point. The quality of the opponent is what matters - not the distance traveled to play them.

Let's try this again. You claim UF gets some big advantage only traveling 2 hours to Tally to play fsu rather than traveling farther to play somebody else. I don't agree that traveling 2 hours is some big advantage and traveling say, 4 hours very different. But let's say it is. Then the very next year fsu gets that exact same advantage by only traveling 2 hours to play UF. The net effect after two years of home and home is zero. One team got the big advantage of a shorter travel one year and the other team got the same advantage the next year.

So once again, air miles do not matter when we're talking about a home and home contract. It balances out after 2 years.

So....do we get back to the hurling insults phase here? Seems that's the direction you want to go.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....do we get back to the hurling insults phase here? Seems that's the direction you want to go.

If y’all start that again, remember I posted a list about 20 pages ago. Those need to be off limits so better come up with some new material.

I don’t think either of you have called the other a
Gay midget pron fluffer
Yet.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You've clearly missed the point. The quality of the opponent is what matters - not the distance traveled to play them.

Let's try this again. You claim UF gets some big advantage only traveling 2 hours to Tally to play fsu rather than traveling farther to play somebody else. I don't agree that traveling 2 hours is some big advantage and traveling say, 4 hours very different. But let's say it is. Then the very next year fsu gets that exact same advantage by only traveling 2 hours to play UF. The net effect after two years of home and home is zero. One team got the big advantage of a shorter travel one year and the other team got the same advantage the next year.

So once again, air miles do not matter when we're talking about a home and home contract. It balances out after 2 years.

Again, you have missed the point entirely. Obviously the two teams (UF and Texas) we are using when they have the home part of a home/home cancels out. What the debate happens to be is the travel for the away part of the home/home.

Bringing up they play at home so it cancels out isn’t a valid arguemnt when one team is traveling 2 hours by bus and the other team is traveling 6 hours by plane. It’s not the same thing and yet you want to say “well they both play at home too so it cancels out.” You can’t use that for road games.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If y’all start that again, remember I posted a list about 20 pages ago. Those need to be off limits so better come up with some new material.

I don’t think either of you have called the other a
Gay midget pron fluffer
Yet.

Banned words should be off limits really.
What about Gay Midget Fudge Packer?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have missed the point entirely. Obviously the two teams (UF and Texas) we are using when they have the home part of a home/home cancels out. What the debate happens to be is the travel for the away part of the home/home.

Bringing up they play at home so it cancels out isn’t a valid arguemnt when one team is traveling 2 hours by bus and the other team is traveling 6 hours by plane. It’s not the same thing and yet you want to say “well they both play at home too so it cancels out.” You can’t use that for road games.

Over the course of a two year home and home contract, any advantage gained or disadvantage suffered by one team due to being near or far will be countered the next year when the home venue reverses. If it was easy for one team because the travel was not far, it will be just as easy for their opponent the next year. If it was tough because it was far away and required a long journey, their opponent will have to make that long journey the next year.

You can’t claim it’s an advantage for one team but not the other in a two year home and home series.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the course of a two year home and home contract, any advantage gained or disadvantage suffered by one team due to being near or far will be countered the next year when the home venue reverses. If it was easy for one team because the travel was not far, it will be just as easy for their opponent the next year. If it was tough because it was far away and required a long journey, their opponent will have to make that long journey the next year.

You can’t claim it’s an advantage for one team but not the other in a two year home and home series.

They’ve been trumpeting what a wondrous opponent Wyoming was on the road. That pretty well says it all. Let them go ahead and think what they think. There’s no help for idiots or trolls.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how you can go 3, 4, maybe 5 years without playing a member from your own conference. Our schedule rotation sucks. We haven't played Miss. State since 2012.

Its not crazy. You have to try really hard to make sure that happens.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not claiming that at all. Again you are missing the point. I’m claiming it’s advantageous for a team to get a P5 road game two hours away driving compared to another team that has to fly 6 hours for their away home/home. There is no advantage toward one team of the teams playing. The advantage lies in this case Florida has to travel just two hours for their P5 OOC match when away. Texas on the other hand has to fly for theirs.

We can just agree to disagree. We won’t change each other’s minds.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stronger division than that piece of shit B1G West division your team is in that has no AP ranked teams.

We got six bowl teams and four AP ranked teams in the SEC East alone right now. That's more ranked teams than your entire conference has. How about the B1G mighty joke of the fucking West? How many ranked teams you got? I'll answer it, Zero.

"piece of shit" & "mighty joke"??? LOL

So we have a down year and all of a sudden a fan of a NEVER DONE NOTHING Mizzou riding the coattails of other teams in it's new conference feels the need to squawk?

Billingsley All-Time Top Program Rankings

#71 - South Carolina - ZERO Natl Titles
#54 - Kentucky - ZERO Natl Titles
#47 - Vanderbilt - ZERO Natl Titles
#35 - Missouri - ZERO Natl Titles

B1G West has ZERO programs ranked outside of the Top 40 and only 1 ranked outside of the Top 30, so Mizzou only ranks better than Northwestern.

NW got a slow start, as did Nebraska, Wisconsin had a rare down season & Minnesota was the youngest team in America and started out with a crappy DC.

Next year will be a much better year for the B1G West.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it seems they started with meechigan in a bowl game.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it seems they started with meechigan in a bowl game.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey, as a B1G guy, I'm ok when B1G teams beat SEC teams, but I do not like Michigan otherwise and I hate their coach, so I enjoy watching them get their arses whooped.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not claiming that at all. Again you are missing the point. I’m claiming it’s advantageous for a team to get a P5 road game two hours away driving compared to another team that has to fly 6 hours for their away home/home. There is no advantage toward one team of the teams playing. The advantage lies in this case Florida has to travel just two hours for their P5 OOC match when away. Texas on the other hand has to fly for theirs.

We can just agree to disagree. We won’t change each other’s minds.

But doesn't fsu get that same advantage the next year when traveling only 2 hours to play UF?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Deathroll, if Florida can get away with scheduling creampuffs to make more money, have at it, but some of your excuses are still pretty lame. I know my Gophers once won a Natl Title going 6-0 in conference, and their 2 ooc games were vs the Big 8 Champ and the Pac-8 Champ, and they did that with just an 8 game schedule. Now we play 12 games and you think you have to play two Div 1AA teams? I'd be embarrassed, personally.

But hey, I don't want to join in and gang up on you, because I've always respected Florida, as a school always, and their sports programs most of the time. And UF has played a ton of Highly rated teams throughout the years, and I think that is the argument you should stick with. But now being in the weaker Division of the SEC, scheduling 2 Div 1AA teams is just asking for it, and is deserving of the flack people give you. But hey, if it makes your university more money and it doesn't prevent you from being able to whoop up on Michigan in your bowl game every year, just take the flack and don't sweat it, lol. A lot of cfb fans out there are just jealous of Florida.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Deathroll, if Florida can get away with scheduling creampuffs to make more money, have at it, but some of your excuses are still pretty lame. I know my Gophers once won a Natl Title going 6-0 in conference, and their 2 ooc games were vs the Big 8 Champ and the Pac-8 Champ, and they did that with just an 8 game schedule. Now we play 12 games and you think you have to play two Div 1AA teams? I'd be embarrassed, personally.

But hey, I don't want to join in and gang up on you, because I've always respected Florida, as a school always, and their sports programs most of the time. And UF has played a ton of Highly rated teams throughout the years, and I think that is the argument you should stick with. But now being in the weaker Division of the SEC, scheduling 2 Div 1AA teams is just asking for it, and is deserving of the flack people give you. But hey, if it makes your university more money and it doesn't prevent you from being able to whoop up on Michigan in your bowl game every year, just take the flack and don't sweat it, lol. A lot of cfb fans out there are just jealous of Florida.

I wouldn't schedule two if it were up to me. Now, that said what matters are the good teams and not the cupcakes on an OOC schedule. As I've demonstrated, UF has played 18 that finished ranked and 2 national champs OOC in the last 20 years. If we go back and review the 80s and 90s. UF's OOC schedules look even better. 18 is more than all but a small handful of other programs and a lot more than some - like Texas which only played 6 for example.

If it were up to me, we would play fsu only occasionally like we do miami now and instead of them we'd play home and home contracts with various other major programs. I think we deny our fans too much by automatically playing fsu every year. A significant minority of our fans feels this way but not the administration unfortunately.

P.S. I'd love to play y'all. We've never played and that sucks. I lived in Edina off of Excelsior BLVD for 2 years. Nice folks up there. Nice city. Nice business environment with lots of good white collar jobs. Completely fucking unacceptable winters. 2 years was all this Florida boy could stand.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh look another. why didnt someone strke down these posts?