• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly I think the whole argument that distance is important is bunk. You can hop on a jet and travel 2 time zones in 3-4 hours.

Secondly any advantage Florida would gain from traveling only 2 hours to Tally to play fsu would be completely cancelled out the very next year when fsu got an equal advantage by only traveling 2 hours to play Florida. So if you have a home and home contract then any advantage/disadvantage from distance would be completely equaled out after 2 years.

Hoping on a plane and going 3-4 hours is very much different that driving 2 hours somewhere.

An again, I’m not saying FSU doesn’t have the advantage ethier. Jesus fucking Christ my comparison was Texas and UF, not FSU and UF. How can you not understand that?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upsets happen all the time...9 game conference schedule would indisputably reduce the number of 9 win teams Florida plays.

Its possible a UF would draw say Bama from the other division....but its also possible we would have drawn Arky or Ole Miss or Auburn all of which were pretty down. As it was, LSU and Mississippi State were two of the better teams in the West.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping on a plane and going 3-4 hours is very much different that driving 2 hours somewhere.

An again, I’m not saying FSU doesn’t have the advantage ethier. Jesus fucking Christ my comparison was Texas and UF, not FSU and UF. How can you not understand that?

Its an extra hour or two of travel time. Pfffft.

What I was taking issue with was the claim that an opponent's campus being a shorter distance away or within the same state is some kind of advantage over an opponent's campus being farther away. It isn't. The quality of that opponent matters - air miles or state boundaries do not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an extra hour or two of travel time. Pfffft.

What I was taking issue with was the claim that an opponent's campus being a shorter distance away or within the same state is some kind of advantage over an opponent's campus being farther away. It isn't. The quality of that opponent matters - air miles or state boundaries do not.

The quality of that opponent matters absolutely. But completely ignoring the travel to get there is foolish. There is a difference between flying and driving to games. An absolutely it matters if you are playing someone 2 hours away compared to someone who is 10 plus hours away. To say it’s not an advantage is hilarious.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of that opponent matters absolutely. But completely ignoring the travel to get there is foolish. There is a difference between flying and driving to games. An absolutely it matters if you are playing someone 2 hours away compared to someone who is 10 plus hours away. To say it’s not an advantage is hilarious.

A difference in travel time of 1-2 hours? That's not important.

and if its such an advantage then that is cancelled out the next year when the other team has to travel far....or doesn't have to travel far to visit YOUR stadium. To not see that is hilarious.....its as if air miles can only ever work one way to those who think it matters.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A difference in travel time of 1-2 hours? That's not important.

and if its such an advantage then that is cancelled out the next year when the other team has to travel far....or doesn't have to travel far to visit YOUR stadium. To not see that is hilarious.....its as if air miles can only ever work one way to those who think it matters.

Yes, there is a difference. An it is important. But since Florida probably has been on a plane three times in the last 20 years for OOC games I can understand why you’d think differently.

An again, we are comparing Texas OOC games to UFs OOC games. How are you still not understanding this. You are trying to make this about UF vs FSU or UT vs whoever OOC. Jesus man

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck is this thread 39 pages long?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there is a difference. An it is important. But since Florida probably has been on a plane three times in the last 20 years for OOC games I can understand why you’d think differently.

An again, we are comparing Texas OOC games to UFs OOC games. How are you still not understanding this. You are trying to make this about UF vs FSU or UT vs whoever OOC. Jesus man

I don't agree that 3-4 hours travel time makes any real difference instead of 1-2 hours travel time. Florida has traveled plenty....the SEC stretches from Gainesville, Florida to College Station, Texas to Columbia, Missouri. That's a huge chunk of real estate and a lot of air miles between those campuses.

Again we are talking about air miles here and whether or not distances is a big deal. I don't think it is but let's say it confers some great advantage on the away team that does not have to travel far. So one year UF gains a huge advantage in only having to travel to Tally while Texas had to fly up to Wyoming.

What happened the next year?

Oh why then fsu gained an equally huge advantage by only having to travel to Gainesville while Wyoming was put at a huge disadvantage by having to travel all the way to Austin, Texas.

So after two years home and home, the advantage/disadvantage of having to travel a long distance or a short distance is completely negated. Whatever advantage or disadvantage you get one year, your opponent gets the next year in a home and home contract.

Ergo, Air miles and state borders simply do not matter. Only the quality of the opponent matters.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck is this thread 39 pages long?

Some people are just OBSESSED with the out of conference schedule of the Florida Gators. I've seen it on multiple boards stretching back years. Its truly amazing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are just OBSESSED with the out of conference schedule of the Florida Gators. I've seen it on multiple boards stretching back years. Its truly amazing.

You all did schedule the Idaho Vandals...they're in the same state as us and we don't even play them anymore

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that 3-4 hours travel time makes any real difference instead of 1-2 hours travel time. Florida has traveled plenty....the SEC stretches from Gainesville, Florida to College Station, Texas to Columbia, Missouri. That's a huge chunk of real estate and a lot of air miles between those campuses.

Again we are talking about air miles here and whether or not distances is a big deal. I don't think it is but let's say it confers some great advantage on the away team that does not have to travel far. So one year UF gains a huge advantage in only having to travel to Tally while Texas had to fly up to Wyoming.

What happened the next year?

Oh why then fsu gained an equally huge advantage by only having to travel to Gainesville while Wyoming was put at a huge disadvantage by having to travel all the way to Austin, Texas.

So after two years home and home, the advantage/disadvantage of having to travel a long distance or a short distance is completely negated. Whatever advantage or disadvantage you get one year, your opponent gets the next year in a home and home contract.

Ergo, Air miles and state borders simply do not matter. Only the quality of the opponent matters.

First paragraph, we aren’t talking conference schedules we are talking out of conference schedules. Quit hiding behind your conference schedules.

Second paragraph we’lol just agree to disagree.

3rd paragraph/sentence, they got a home game but it’s still not the same.

4th paragraph FSU was still able to schedule good OOC series and not hide behind the curtain where they can’t.

5th paragraph, nothing is negated. You are hiding behind playing FSU and that’s it. Stop acting like UF plays a murders row OOC.

6th paragraph, you have no clue about air miles. Thus you talking about it is hilarious and you being full of shit. Any other questions?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First paragraph, we aren’t talking conference schedules we are talking out of conference schedules. Quit hiding behind your conference schedules.

Second paragraph we’lol just agree to disagree.

3rd paragraph/sentence, they got a home game but it’s still not the same.

4th paragraph FSU was still able to schedule good OOC series and not hide behind the curtain where they can’t.

5th paragraph, nothing is negated. You are hiding behind playing FSU and that’s it. Stop acting like UF plays a murders row OOC.

6th paragraph, you have no clue about air miles. Thus you talking about it is hilarious and you being full of shit. Any other questions?

You missed the point entirely. Firstly I disagree about an extra couple hours travel time making any significant difference in difficulty.

That is beside the point though. Even if you are correct that traveling farther is a big hurdle, then it is completely negated the next year when the other team has to travel farther to play at your stadium. Now they get that big disadvantage that you had last year. The net effect in a home and home contract is ZERO!

EITHER playing a team closer IS an advantage in which case the other team gets the same advantage when they travel to play you next year OR it is not an advantage in which case it doesn't matter. Home and Home balances the scales either way.

Quit "hiding" behind playing one of the winningest teams in the last 40 years? "hiding" behind playing a lot more games against tough opponents OOC than most teams face? This makes no sense at all.

Oh by the way, fsu specifically chose a weaker conference so they could continue scheduling more big OOC games....so if you're going to credit them for playing big OOC games then you have to ding them for deliberately choosing to join a weaker conference.

The one who is full of shit here is you. You see to think fsu being close only benefits UF but somehow doesn't equally benefit fsu when they have to travel to Gainesville. Ridiculous.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the point entirely. Firstly I disagree about an extra couple hours travel time making any significant difference in difficulty.

That is beside the point though. Even if you are correct that traveling farther is a big hurdle, then it is completely negated the next year when the other team has to travel farther to play at your stadium. Now they get that big disadvantage that you had last year. The net effect in a home and home contract is ZERO!

EITHER playing a team closer IS an advantage in which case the other team gets the same advantage when they travel to play you next year OR it is not an advantage in which case it doesn't matter. Home and Home balances the scales either way.

Quit "hiding" behind playing one of the winningest teams in the last 40 years? "hiding" behind playing a lot more games against tough opponents OOC than most teams face? This makes no sense at all.

Oh by the way, fsu specifically chose a weaker conference so they could continue scheduling more big OOC games....so if you're going to credit them for playing big OOC games then you have to ding them for deliberately choosing to join a weaker conference.

The one who is full of shit here is you. You see to think fsu being close only benefits UF but somehow doesn't equally benefit fsu when they have to travel to Gainesville. Ridiculous.

No, it’s you that has missed the point entirely. You can’t act like traveling 4-6 hours by plane is the same as traveling 2 hours by bus. Hell that’s an extra day a team gives up.

An stop acting like you have no clue what the fuck I are talking about. Sure you get the home advantage the year after traveling 4-6 hours on plane the year before. But it’s nothing like traveling by bus 2 hours. But You are literally trying to say the road game by plane sucks but you get a home game the next year while forgetting the same is true for a 2 hour road game the year before ya play that team at home.

Again you are the one who has not a clue. This argument is not about FSU and UF. But since you literally are too stupid to realize not, we continue on this journey of you thinking I’m bashing UF and praising FSU for their OOC schedule. Honestly, how the fuck did you graduate high school? You literally are the definition of stupid.