• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Woolen already considered a shut down CB?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen gave up a TD today to TE Ertz. He was ok and held his own for the most part though and was all over his guys MOST of the time. Yes he has had better games but he did ok today and will only get better. He is making a run for that RDPY award and based on what I have seen I would say he is 1a or 1b in that race right now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen gave up a TD today to TE Ertz. He was ok and held his own for the most part though and was all over his guys MOST of the time. Yes he has had better games but he did ok today and will only get better. He is making a run for that RDPY award and based on what I have seen I would say he is 1a or 1b in that race right now.
I don't think the Ertz TD was in him. He had outside leverage and must have expected inside help.

He WAS beat by Hopkins on the play before which was negated by a false start

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was better than just OK yesterday. He only gave up one reception… he also had two tackles preventing first down conversion… They hardly threw to his side of the field.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was better than just OK yesterday. He only gave up one reception… he also had two tackles preventing first down conversion… They hardly threw to his side of the field.

Yah he played a good game. He got a little juked by Murray on one of his runs, but Murray is a tough guy to take 1 on 1 at full speed with green in front of him. As for Hopkins, Hopkins did fuck all and his big play (the TD) was because Brooks was covering him (why I have zero clue)....

Insane to think Seattle might be sporting two rookies of the year (Walker/Woolen).... Sauce is still playing at a high level and it's New York, so I think he'll get the nod... but who knows. The media/analysts are super high on Seattle at the moment. Will be interesting to see how the 2nd half of the season comes together.

Both the Jets and Seahawks have some tough wideouts to go against (Kupp x2, Evans and the Jets have Diggs, Jefferson, and Metcalf/Lockett).... will be interesting to see in the coming weeks how both these rookie corners handle some pretty big challenges.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Raiders throw at Woolen at all this game?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Raiders throw at Woolen at all this game?
Not really. I recall once or twice and I was watching for it. They picked on Jackson big time though.

Pete wasn't very flexible in the sense that he should probably should start bringing a bit more help to Jackson's side. But that is hard to do when your LBs are also struggling a bit in coverage, and you are getting ran on like the last couple of games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I recall once or twice and I was watching for it. They picked on Jackson big time though.

Pete wasn't very flexible in the sense that he should probably should start bringing a bit more help to Jackson's side. But that is hard to do when your LBs are also struggling a bit in coverage, and you are getting ran on like the last couple of games.

Yeah. We didn't lose because of our pass defense, even if the pass rush was anemic. We just got run over.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well when Jackson is playing 10 yards off the wideout (when he had over the top safety help)... yah, you're gonna get picked on, lol. Woolen can play off a little more than the usual corner because his close speed is so insane (which is why some QBs are avoiding him).

But yah, end of day we got run all over on... with that stupid 2 down lineman front, too much Taylor/Barton (neither can stop the rush, in fact on the 86 yarder Cody just runs straight into Harris/Ford) and literally did nothing, while Brooks had no choice but to eat the lead blocker. If Barton had identified the run play and appropriately gap assigned, he would've been there to meet Jacobs, but even then he probably would've just gotten plowed over anyway. Also didn't help Neal was out on that run either, as Josh Jones sucks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks like that's where it's going each and every week... He just locks down that side of the field so well...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Sauce get eating up by Jefferson today…..then see woolen play lights out. Dayumm, yeah he’s a shutdown corner. DROY, maybe all-pro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His closing speed is just incredible. Very Deion like. Except he's 6'4.

Another pick today because a coach thought they could exploit his positioning.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids a stud. Glad he's on this team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll responding to Woolen after asking him to give him some feedback...

Olivia Newton John Grease GIF

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I routinely point out that the PFF ratings for defensive backs are generally bad.

So Woolen's PFF for yesterday's game was 69. 78 for his pass coverage and a 40 for his run defense. Now first off their stats are wrong. Woolen was targeted 4 times, which they got right. But they only have him for 2 pass breakups when he had 3. So he was targeted 4 times, he had 3 breakups, 1 int and allowed one pass on the crosser which in man/zone coverage really isn't his responsibility. And yet that doesn't even rate an 80 rating according to PFF.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I routinely point out that the PFF ratings for defensive backs are generally bad.

So Woolen's PFF for yesterday's game was 69. 78 for his pass coverage and a 40 for his run defense. Now first off their stats are wrong. Woolen was targeted 4 times, which they got right. But they only have him for 2 pass breakups when he had 3. So he was targeted 4 times, he had 3 breakups, 1 int and allowed one pass on the crosser which in man/zone coverage really isn't his responsibility. And yet that doesn't even rate an 80 rating according to PFF.

Not a huge fan of PFF. Their methodology is hidden and what I do know of it makes it seem much more subjective than objective. a score could easily depend on who is currently rating the player. I didn't think Woolen was horrible against the run either, yesterday - which a 40 would indicate as the case.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of PFF. Their methodology is hidden and what I do know of it makes it seem much more subjective than objective. a score could easily depend on who is currently rating the player. I didn't think Woolen was horrible against the run either, yesterday - which a 40 would indicate as the case.

I think the PFF grades are best with the skill position guys. Secondary grades are their worst. Line play is a little bit of a mixed bag.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the success he is having because I called it when he was drafted lol yep I patted my own back. You guys have all been there I am sure. That one guy in the draft that you want more than anyone else because your gut is telling you he will be a superstar. I saw superstar all over him and was BEGGING for us to draft him. We drafted him and I said thats one side fixed for the next 5+ years

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's presser Pete Carroll called Tariq a, "knucklehead" for making two mistakes on the two coverages he was able to get back into the play to break it up... It was kinda funny... The two plays we thought were amazing, Pete said were mistakes and that Tariq was, "Lucky"... It was funny moment in the interview...